Kurt Tippett to the Swans? **UPDATE: Tippett requests trade to Sydney***

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sydney's offer was a joke.

The point is that you claimed he walked out and you got "no trade, no draft picks, just straight out the door" but that was 100% Adelaide's choice so you really should complain to your club about that. There was an offer on the table.

The point is that you claimed he walked out and you got "no trade, no draft picks, just straight out the door" but that was 100% Adelaide's choice so you really should complain to your club about that. There was an offer on the table.

Your offer was a joke. A player that would be a list clogger / de-list material and a nothing draft pick. Mckernan & Jenkins are ahead of Jesse White and he would have just sat around taking up salary cap space. Really taking nothing is probably better than taking Sydney offer. Quality should be traded for quality. Sydney chose to take advantage of the situation, however, and that just disgusts me.

Your offer was a joke.

You should be disgusted at your club, it was widely known in AFL circles that the 2nd round clause existed, Adelaide set his price when they agreed to that to get him to sign the previous contract, dont and you would have lost him then to gold coast as you should have.
Noone but Adelaide to blame in this scenario.

In fact if you care to go back i was fully aware of what we were offering and that it was the absolute limit of what we were going to offer, and it was purely because of industry knowledge of your previous underhand deal that Sydney were unwilling to pay any higher.

I wont bring these arguments up again, but Adelaide got off incredibly lightly in all this, when they were the primary culprits in draft and trade tampering.
They also broke their contract with Tippett by not following through on what they stated was an acceptable deal (2nd round pick).

So don't come onto this board slinging mud when the only people to blame are at your club and will actually be retained by your club going into the future, I mean how gutless is that for a club.

Wow nice one guys! I come to this thread and see people claiming Kurt Wasn't at fault & that he got punished to severly, so I express my opinion on the situation. Next thing I get swamped with hostile, disrespectful comments.

If you come onto the Swans Board and act as disrespectfully as you have, you have no right to claim "surprise" at how people on this board react to your ill-informed posts. But no doubt you'll continue to play dumb and claim the high road with a spectacular failure rate....

If you disagree with my opinion, then feel free to respond with why you do, instead of just acting like a disgruntled teenager and throwing around immature insults. It really creates a bad image for your club.

Oh that's priceless.... :D

Sydney's offer was a joke.

Your opinion isn't fact, fact is we made an offer which goes against your claim. So your opinion holds NO weight here as a result.

You should be disgusted at your club, it was widely known in AFL circles that the 2nd round clause existed, Adelaide set his price when they agreed to that to get him to sign the previous contract, dont and you would have lost him then to gold coast as you should have.
Noone but Adelaide to blame in this scenario.

In fact if you care to go back i was fully aware of what we were offering and that it was the absolute limit of what we were going to offer, and it was purely because of industry knowledge of your previous underhand deal that Sydney were unwilling to pay any higher.

I wont bring these arguments up again, but Adelaide got off incredibly lightly in all this, when they were the primary culprits in draft and trade tampering.
They also broke their contract with Tippett by not following through on what they stated was an acceptable deal (2nd round pick).

So don't come onto this board slinging mud when the only people to blame are at your club and will actually be retained by your club going into the future, I mean how gutless is that for a club.

Yep, taking advantage of the situation imo.

The agreeing to trade Kurt for a 2nd round draft pick the draft tampering and paying him money not signed off by the AFL (whilst still remaining under salary cap). I think 2 years of 1st and 2nd round draft picks is quite a severe punishment for such a stuffup. We breached the rules but gained very little.

If by "slinging mud" you mean "emphasizing the Tippet is not innocent and deserves his punishment," that's what I came here for (as well as to emphasize his terrible decisions). The original topic was those two premises. If any Sydney posters care to quote this and try to off on another different tangent not following the main premises of the argument, feel free to go ahead (again).

If I lock it it will end up in the game thread. Better keeping the likes of RePete here than in there.

Good point. I feel as though the mod's should be issuing precursor of what won't be tolerated. I can see things getting quite heated again as we get closer to gameday and most likely a follow through for days after.

Good point. I feel as though the mod's should be issuing precursor of what won't be tolerated. I can see things getting quite heated again as we get closer to gameday and most likely a follow through for days after.

Well I would but I think you just put the warning out for us.

but what you say is correct for those seeing this thread for the first time use the common sense guide. Stay of the personal and Crows fans should be aware given the mood of the match that visitors protocol applies.

We shouldn't be scared of heavy discussion though and providing the rules are followed debate on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you come onto the Swans Board and act as disrespectfully as you have, you have no right to claim "surprise" at how people on this board react to your ill-informed posts. But no doubt you'll continue to play dumb and claim the high road with a spectacular failure rate....

Oh that's priceless.... :D

Your opinion isn't fact, fact is we made an offer which goes against your claim. So your opinion holds NO weight here as a result.

It's quite a new experience posting on other boards where there is an obvious bias. Regardless though, rarely do I get people raging to such a degree.

"Sydney's offer was a joke." - my opinion (the general consensus of the wider community as well I am led to believe). I could present it in a more empirical form by analyzing what Kurt is worth, and then comparing it to the value of what you wanted to trade, but I have spared you from this, and for you to push this point is kind of creating an argument with very little weight.

btw opinions can never be considered true, only empirical (premises that can be tested), and facts (always true). So do opinions hold any weight really? Not really, that's why they are opinions....

Well I would but I think you just put the warning out for us.

but what you say is correct for those seeing this thread for the first time use the common sense guide. Stay of the personal and Crows fans should be aware given the mood of the match that visitors protocol applies.

We shouldn't be scared of heavy discussion though and providing the rules are followed debate on.

I agree with this point. I am happy to see Syd's side of Tippo saga even if it is a few months late. But like I said before, shouldn't be expecting a ragefest.

Note: last post for awhile, don't expect a reply.

Yep, taking advantage of the situation imo.

The agreeing to trade Kurt for a 2nd round draft pick the draft tampering and paying him money not signed off by the AFL (whilst still remaining under salary cap). I think 2 years of 1st and 2nd round draft picks is quite a severe punishment for such a stuffup. We breached the rules but gained very little.

If by "slinging mud" you mean "emphasizing the Tippet is not innocent and deserves his punishment," that's what I came here for (as well as to emphasize his terrible decisions). The original topic was those two premises. If any Sydney posters care to quote this and try to off on another different tangent not following the main premises of the argument, feel free to go ahead (again).

See this is bullshit, you gained Tippett, because you breached the rules, whether the contract was endorsed by the AFL or not is irrelevant the contract existed, and the intent of it was trade/draft tampering. Just because you in the end lost out when every other club found out about the clause doesn't make the offense any worse.

Why call it a stuff up instead of what it is, which is "willful draft / trade tampering", the mud slinging is about your comments re:culture, the only culture that can be questioned is Adelaides.

It's amazing how easily persuaded by money he is, isn't it? But anyway, I am pretty sure a straight trade is considered honorable. I believe there was one of such in 2009 with Brisbane Lions that was rejected last minute by one of the higher ups (unfortunate in hindsight). Sydney didn't want to play fairly and decided to get him the dirty way instead, and in the end got their goods. End of story.
Didn't want to play fairly? Uh... Did we cheat the rules? Did we get punished for our trading techniques? Did we do anything wrong to require any kind of smacketh laid down? No is the answer you will try your hardest not to find but it is the only answer to those questions. There was no paper brown bags here. Just good old fashioned bargaining and list/contract structure management.

As far as I understand, it seems what we did do was analyse our options and offer what we thought was what the AFC had legally and contractually provided for in the terms of his contract (2nd round pick etc etc). Then, realising this 'deal' wasn't legal we decided to wait it out and grab him utilising a very heavily front loaded contract offer. After all, we had just paid out Bradshaw & C Boltons contracts not to mention the ever increasing veterans list as well as other more back ended contracts provided to others before this went down. The outcome was we had some extra cash and decided to go after a weakness we had (Fwd). I know the next thing you are thinking is somthing similar to "but you get more than everyone else and used that to get him there" and my response has always been the same: "we evenly distribute the COLA across our entire list to compensate them for living in what is proven to be the more expensive city in Sydney over the likes of Melb/Adel/Brissy."

The fact is (no matter how much the media will try to ram it down your throught to create some sort of storyline rivalry etc) money was obviously a big part in his move, but there are always other factors to take into account. Other clubs seemingly offered him as much (if not more) money, however we would have also thrown him a good advertisment for playing with us in Sydney... Including an open premiership window, strong team and much lauded culture, a good option in terms of lifestyle (beaches etc) away from the 'fishbowl' culture like in Adelaide/Melbourne. Further, no matter how hard you believe his only friends & family all live in the confines of the Brisbane CBD, could it also be possible he wasn't lying when he (and others) have mentioned friends & family that also live close enough to (in) Sydney to help seal the deal?

To say money was the major and only factor in persuading him to choose the Sydney Swans over any other club speaks volumes of your understanding/empathy for any player wanting to change clubs IMO. It's like any other job, the employee certainly wants money but there are alwasy other perks to a job you can weigh up.

I don't mean to attack you personally however I find the constant misinformation and needless diversion into what is often a reality so beaten up by the media annoying. It seems to me many media commentators would be happier to see our (AFL) fans hate each other to the point of some other codes' rivalrys for a cheap story than to promote the game and help grow a more healthy rivalry or image for our game.

I see where AFC fans are passionate about their club and many feel they have been wronged. However, the SMFC/Sydney Swans didn't break or even bend any rules in offering what we believed was the best offer to get the deal done. Just as any other club would do. To say if the shoe was on the other foot you would you be happy to lose more than you have to to get someone in? Most times what may seem 'fair' isn't what eventuates. That's life in the big city.

If you actually watched when Danger got run down you would of noticed he had to slow down as he was getting hemmed in by an oncoming Sydney player, it wasn't a direct chase (where as the Rioli / Jetta chase was). Don't underestimate the fella ;)

This is the same Dangerfield who was run down by Jude Bolton last year ? Jude GettinOnInYears Bolton ????

Dangerfield's reasonably quick but he's not in Jetta's league.

Regarding the rest of your post (which I haven't bothered to quote), you appear to be either labouring under some illusion or you're just sadly misinformed.

I've nothing against your home town. Adelaide's a lovely town. Quiet as a village. I used to go there often for work. I met some very pretty girls, got a bit too much to drink in the nearby vineyards and avoided getting beaten up in Hindley St.

As for Adelaide Football Club ..... Well perhaps you're not representative of most.

It's quite a new experience posting on other boards where there is an obvious bias. Regardless though, rarely do I get people raging to such a degree.

"Sydney's offer was a joke." - my opinion (the general consensus of the wider community as well I am led to believe). I could present it in a more empirical form by analyzing what Kurt is worth, and then comparing it to the value of what you wanted to trade, but I have spared you from this, and for you to push this point is kind of creating an argument with very little weight.

btw opinions can never be considered true, only empirical (premises that can be tested), and facts (always true). So do opinions hold any weight really? Not really, that's why they are opinions....

I agree with this point. I am happy to see Syd's side of Tippo saga even if it is a few months late. But like I said before, shouldn't be expecting a ragefest.

Note: last post for awhile, don't expect a reply.

If by "raging" you mean disagreeing with you? Because you are spouting crap that we have had to put up with since October?

Why don't you go back to the Adelaide "Woe is us" board, and circle jerk over how hard done by your club is, and how Sydney and Tippett bent over the AFC that knew exactly what it was getting into in 2009 by signing Tippett to a tainted deal?

Tippett says "Suck it, Adelaide. Love KT"

977366-kurt-tippett.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back