Kyabram DFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting Article in the Shepparton News, I hear Sydney had not only the run in with just players but the Board as well as wanted everything on a plate.

Oh well, back to the numpties on One FM calling football
Went to watch training a few weeks ago. Under twelves get trained better. Had to be moved on. Disappointed for sidney as he is a top bloke.

I believe there was a lot more to than story. It was more about his attitude towards the playing group. I hear that he threatened to knock a player out in this situation. the players didn't complain about the running at all.
The appointment of ralphy is a good move as he is respected around the club. Should be able to get some players to come back to the club.

The appointment of ralphy is a good move as he is respected around the club. Should be able to get some players to come back to the club.
That was my thoughts exactly to Guido! Having Ralphy appointed is probably the only smart move they had left so late in the preseason as it will help attract some player's.....

Apparently brent has already spoken to more players in the last few days than Sidney did the whole time he was there.

Rnd 1 sneaking up pretty quickly now, most lists would be all done or close to done. what's Everyone’s predictions.

top 6-
Premiers-
runner up-
McNamara-
goal kicker-
big improvers-
sliders-

Tongala looking for a practice match on the weekend of March 25th, home or away, all 3 grades if possible

What's the latest news on PDFL??
Is there a deadline everything has to be sorted by?
From what I'm hearing their deadline is Friday, & the league is leaning towards joining AFL Vic, which for the sake of country footy in the area is probably a wise move or else a massive shit fight could take place which would look very ugly so close to the start of the season for all league's in the area.....

From what I'm hearing their deadline is Friday, & the league is leaning towards joining AFL Vic, which for the sake of country footy in the area is probably a wise move or else a massive shit fight could take place which would look very ugly so close to the start of the season for all league's in the area.....
Yeah for sure, the flow on affect if they didn't would be un precendented!! It makes for a decent bit of suspense leading into next summer, as I would imagine they will prepare themselves to become a stand alone league for season 2018?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if the PDFNL come in from the cold does that mean that GVFUA will umpire their games again or does the status quo remain? All credit to them for stepping back and watching to see what would happen and I have been critical of this stance. However, the fact that they stood out has exposed AFL Victoria's agenda - we "own" the game and if you don't like our rules then we'll force you out. This is not the way it should be and I am sure that it's not the way that fair minded club representatives across the state thought that this was heading. What it means now is that any club or league with a better way forward in terms of "sustainability" is now at the mercy of the AFL monster and the vested interests of those who sit in the seats of power. Anyone who doubts this should look at what certain people in Racing Victoria who don't like hard questions are doing to the racing industry!

So if the PDFNL come in from the cold does that mean that GVFUA will umpire their games again or does the status quo remain? All credit to them for stepping back and watching to see what would happen and I have been critical of this stance. However, the fact that they stood out has exposed AFL Victoria's agenda - we "own" the game and if you don't like our rules then we'll force you out. This is not the way it should be and I am sure that it's not the way that fair minded club representatives across the state thought that this was heading. What it means now is that any club or league with a better way forward in terms of "sustainability" is now at the mercy of the AFL monster and the vested interests of those who sit in the seats of power. Anyone who doubts this should look at what certain people in Racing Victoria who don't like hard questions are doing to the racing industry!
Woody I don't think signing or not signing the newly required 'affiliation ' agreement , with AFL GM , will have any impact on who umpires their games , status quo.
The club / hub agreement not being made available before leagues are required to sign the hub/ league agreement would seem a little concerning .

Would be a bigger shit fight if something comes about later on or mid season and they then unaffiliate.;)

Woody I don't think signing or not signing the newly required 'affiliation ' agreement , with AFL GM , will have any impact on who umpires their games , status quo.
The club / hub agreement not being made available before leagues are required to sign the hub/ league agreement would seem a little concerning .
Ditto on the first. The second concerns me greatly because I really thought that the AFL was about promoting the game and participation and not shoring up executive positions. I've noticed that the NRL recruits teachers to get into the schools to promote the game, does the AFL?

Ditto on the first. The second concerns me greatly because I really thought that the AFL was about promoting the game and participation and not shoring up executive positions. I've noticed that the NRL recruits teachers to get into the schools to promote the game, does the AFL?
IIRC teaching was a preferred requisite for certain positions when they were advised.
Attempted shit flinging comments by the hub within the media , like the one below which is in The Weekly Times, I'd suggest isn't helping footy.

“Perhaps some inference could be drawn that the clubs may not have received all the information the league has,” commission chairman Nicholas Rolfe said.

League president Denis Brooks said that was “totally incorrect”. “We’ve always given the clubs every information,” he said.

IIRC teaching was a preferred requisite for certain positions when they were advised.
Attempted shit flinging comments by the hub within the media , like the one below which is in The Weekly Times, I'd suggest isn't helping footy.

“Perhaps some inference could be drawn that the clubs may not have received all the information the league has,” commission chairman Nicholas Rolfe said.

League president Denis Brooks said that was “totally incorrect”. “We’ve always given the clubs every information,” he said.
Blah blah blah.. who gives a shit abt your PDFL.. we don't need this shit on our site.. go talk crap on your own thread..

Still no clearance in for the mystery forward the Swans are meant to have from the West still confident your mail is right Bomber? Murch keep lidging a few they should be competitive at the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back