Kyabram DFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As they will along with a few others in the next couple of years
If that’s the attitude you want to have towards Ardmona and people supporting us mate well good on you, hope your high horse is great to sit on, just don’t come crawling to us for help when we are back to being a competive club and violet town are struggling.

If that’s the attitude you want to have towards Ardmona and people supporting us mate well good on you, hope your high horse is great to sit on, just don’t come crawling to us for help when we are back to being a competive club and violet town are struggling.
No high horse here cocko as the Towners are already struggling. No thirds struggling to field seconds and also netball sides. Only a few committee members and helpers as the younger families in and around the town have moved away.
I am just being a realist, a disappointed one but why beat yourself up any longer.
And by the way I can remember what a friendly club (on and off the field) your mob where when we joined the league. No further comment

And by the way I can remember what a friendly club (on and off the field) your mob where when we joined the league. No further comment

That’s what the club was like back then, now we are a totally different club totally different views totally different everything, the only thing the club has in common with back then is that we want to move forward and to be competitive. If you want to hold to to grudges about how the club went about things in the past well then that’s your choice.

Whilst talent is an issue, can anyone from the Bush Cats advise if numbers are an issue? Looks as though the twos are getting decent numbers.
Yeah numbers are still an issue mate, we have about 3 or 4 thirds step up every week. But hopefully we can attract a few more people to the club and that can help out.

The Batters have put their hands up to say “Better take us seriously this year.” Their rebuild taking shape hopefully!
A real gutsy win by the bats today over much bigger opposition.A good game of footy where Avenal had a goal + lead deep into time on.....Nath Torney was brilliant at chb for lancy as was Tinkler for Avenal. A real bonus for lancy beating two sides that most had penciled in As loses to lancy. As for Avenal they
Will get better as the season progresses,I wouldn’t be writing them off

Girgarre had a solid 40+ point win over violet town. From what I heard gig just had way more run and polish around the ground

Dookie will surprise a fair few this year, I’d expect them to be top 4 for sure, took it right too tally, had the better of them in the 3rd quarter only managed 2-3 goals but ball spent majority down there end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you want to say rebuild fine
We are improved on and off the field
Even the coach thinks so
Good write up in the shepp news today
Me too, very excited about the way things are working out. The young locals they signed up a couple of seasons ago are maturing and the few others they signed this season are building on this foundation.
Your comments about the coach is also exciting and I am hearing good feedback about him from the players. I’ve only heard him speak on one match day but very impressed with his tactical approach.
Because of the focus on local recruits I really feel it creates a positive vibe and attracts more of the community.
However there are a few other teams that will really test their measure, which will be exciting for this young team as they will want to be challenge themselves against the best.

If you want to say rebuild fine
We are improved on and off the field
Even the coach thinks so
Good write up in the shepp news today
So your saying lancy have improved.....??? With the departures of Steve Thompson Pettigrove - Bertoli -Kidd - Brad Orr -Besim -Don’t get ahead of yourself mate !!!

Last edited:
So your saying lancy have improved.....??? With the departures of Steve Thompson Pettigrove - Bertoli -Kidd - Brad Orr -Besim -Don’t get ahead of yourself mate !!!
I think they have... but I may be also ahead of myself. Time will tell Swoopin. If opinions weren’t aired, this site wouldn’t exist.

Definitely a better side than last year. Lots of run and dash, good mids and a make shift forward line. They were well drilled with a good game structure. Swans were pretty undermanned but not taking anything from the Batters. Was a good game of footy

Me too, very excited about the way things are working out. The young locals they signed up a couple of seasons ago are maturing and the few others they signed this season are building on this foundation.
Your comments about the coach is also exciting and I am hearing good feedback about him from the players. I’ve only heard him speak on one match day but very impressed with his tactical approach.
Because of the focus on local recruits I really feel it creates a positive vibe and attracts more of the community.
However there are a few other teams that will really test their measure, which will be exciting for this young team as they will want to be challenge themselves against the best.
Just another Ky seconds team really, but the others in the red and black jumpers would defeat the blue and yellow team pretty easy I'd imagine.

Blue and gold... ky seconds have some good players but drop away fairly quickly
It's always an interesting conversation. In looking at both sides there isn't to many players in either team with lots of GVFL senior experince which would help sway predictions. Ky are young with plenty of talent, Lanky have a couple of old wise heads! Many good GV reserves players have gone to KDFL over the years, some becoming good contributers at their club but you generally you find the top line KDFL players have also played at a higher level.

It's always an interesting conversation. In looking at both sides there isn't to many players in either team with lots of GVFL senior experince which would help sway predictions. Ky are young with plenty of talent, Lanky have a couple of old wise heads! Many good GV reserves players have gone to KDFL over the years, some becoming good contributers at their club but you generally you find the top line KDFL players have also played at a higher level.
Plenty of GV Reserves players would be handy players in the Ky League no doubt but GV Footy has slipped in general and that flows into the Reserves. KD standard would be equal if not a little better than 15 to 20 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back