Kyabram DFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct, might even sneak him into the late game before to long 😉
Who gives the allocated points to each person? Coz I see some players that have changed in between the same league and only 2 or 3 points, I thought they were a 4 or 5 pointer 🤷‍♂️

Who gives the allocated points to each person? Coz I see some players that have changed in between the same league and only 2 or 3 points, I thought they were a 4 or 5 pointer 🤷‍♂️

Clubs send through what they think the points are for a player. Most are clear cut. The league give advice on what they think it’ll be in the months leading up... in this past week Julian Perta (league operations) has been setting the points with a group of people and including Jamie Macri (AFLGM in it).

At a glance Avenel have a lot of players that haven't played a lot of footy together imo whereas Nagambie still have that core of a dozen or so that are so predictable to one another. Nagambie by 4 gls

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Nagambie are missing a couple of their new recruits due to a wedding.

I’d say everyone would be missing players. Don’t usually have everyone on the park until late in the season.
No goal umpires assigned for some senior games tomorrow. Not a good sign that.
Did your game cop any missing? I noticed 3 games requiring volunteer goal umps and 1 needing volunteer boundaries. Thankfully our Tally v Merrigum game was unscathed.

Hard enough to get volunteers for thirds and twos, let alone seniors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did your game cop any missing? I noticed 3 games requiring volunteer goal umps and 1 needing volunteer boundaries. Thankfully our Tally v Merrigum game was unscathed.

Hard enough to get volunteers for thirds and twos, let alone seniors.
Yep no goal umpires up at avenel tomorrow. Was warned during the week that there is a chance that during the season club umpires may be needed to do central in the 1’s at some stage as well.

Yep no goal umpires up at avenel tomorrow. Was warned during the week that there is a chance that during the season club umpires may be needed to do central in the 1’s at some stage as well.
Yes that was sent out to clubs... hopefully won’t be the case. Can cope with boundaries and goals but way too many issues with club volunteers doing central. Suppose if there’s no one to do it it’s what has to happen though! Not much can be done other than last minute swaps to Sunday games.

Yes that was sent out to clubs... hopefully won’t be the case. Can cope with boundaries and goals but way too many issues with club volunteers doing central. Suppose if there’s no one to do it it’s what has to happen though! Not much can be done other than last minute swaps to Sunday games.
Clubs need to take a stronger stance in policing spectator abuse of umpires. It was always an ugly side of our game but is no longer acceptable in our society. The head is now sacrosanct in relation to tackles and bumps. Abuse of umpires should be treated the same.

Clubs send through what they think the points are for a player. Most are clear cut. The league give advice on what they think it’ll be in the months leading up... in this past week Julian Perta (league operations) has been setting the points with a group of people and including Jamie Macri (AFLGM in it).
Julian Perta is not upon the sub committee who is responsible for the re-assessment of any individual players points .
Senior Players who have joined a club which plays against their old club are 4 points , if they are a reserves player they are 3 points .
It’s the rules all clubs in the state have to abide to .

Last edited:
Julian Perta is not upon the sub committee who is responsible for the re-assessment of any individual players points .
Senior Players who have joined a club which plays against their old club are 4 points , if they are a reserves player they are 3 points .
It’s the rules all clubs in the state have to abide to .
Yes not disagreeing with that. Just answering the question about who sets and looks at the points. A player playing against immediate former club is 4 points (if a senior player). Potentially 5 if they’ve been at 3+ different clubs in current and previous 2 seasons.

Yes not disagreeing with that. Just answering the question about who sets and looks at the points. A player playing against immediate former club is 4 points (if a senior player). Potentially 5 if they’ve been at 3+ different clubs in current and previous 2 seasons.
My point is they don’t set the points.
The rules are there and if there is any clarity required upon a specific case it goes to the sub committee.

My point is they don’t set the points.
The rules are there and if there is any clarity required upon a specific case it goes to the sub committee.
Yep that’s all correct. I sent a few examples to Nate earlier this year just for an idea. Points sent into Julian last week. The committee that reviews them sets them. I think Julian had a small part in that, as I sent him one back I disagreed with and it was changed after consultation with Jamie Macri. Julian explained that they’re looked at even further and with more scrutiny in the coming weeks and can be changed again.

Yep that’s all correct. I sent a few examples to Nate earlier this year just for an idea. Points sent into Julian last week. The committee that reviews them sets them. I think Julian had a small part in that, as I sent him one back I disagreed with and it was changed after consultation with Jamie Macri. Julian explained that they’re looked at even further and with more scrutiny in the coming weeks and can be changed again.
Julian has no part in the sub-committee , whilst a player who is recruited from a club who his intended club plays against can’t be a 2 pointer unless they have played at the new club prior.
Whilst he can only be a 3 pointer if he has played more reserves games than seniors games in the previous 3 seasons , again unless he has played at the new club prior.
It’s very clear and definitive and if that isn’t being followed then nor should anyone follow any part of the system .

Anthony Franchina & Cameron Hall quality ins for the Bushcats today

Remove this Banner Ad

Kyabram DFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back