Kyabram DFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

l was actually talking about this today ( not broadford) but division football , people don’t want to play for the sides getting beaten by 200 odd each week , unless there is a way the club can build out of it.
Bring a few teams in split the league to 2 by 9/10 , winner comes up,last goes down but it seems we are a long way off this happening

Hank, perhaps Roar is comparing the Kats team of the 2000s to the current Lakers .

Back to the original thought, the stated issue is the large margins presented in Senior games.

Overall club health is important and the salary cap is going a long way to improve that, what we probably need to consider as a recommendation is that along with a spending cap that clubs need to think about a spending floor. To be competitive a spend on the football department need to be at least $32k per year ($2k per game) spent wisely.

The sport is entertainment for the communities and they are after a contest.

After the indecision over the past 5 seasons, I very much doubt that clubs will entertain a change of leagues or league structures. While we are at 15 teams, that number is subject to change.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hank, perhaps Roar is comparing the Kats team of the 2000s to the current Lakers .

Back to the original thought, the stated issue is the large margins presented in Senior games.

Overall club health is important and the salary cap is going a long way to improve that, what we probably need to consider as a recommendation is that along with a spending cap that clubs need to think about a spending floor. To be competitive a spend on the football department need to be at least $32k per year ($2k per game) spent wisely.

After the indecision over the past 5 seasons, I very much doubt that clubs will entertain a change of leagues or league structures. While we are at 15 teams, that number is subject to change.

It won’t surprise me if we see tiered cap and points from next season based on recent senior and junior success . Location / population could also be a factor in comps that have larger travelling .
Would suspect that cap over time will have a per game cap rather than just a overall season cap to avoid clubs loading up just before clearances close .

Hard to believe you would need to encourage a Spending floor with a Cap of 75k ( More evidence that 2 Divisions are required) if that's the case 55k would be more realistic to ensuring a team has atleast a handful of players handy at the level.

How many players are doing a Jamo and playing for the love these days?

I know Corey Jones after he went home to wyche after a stint at golden square, had the payment of each senior player had to buy him a beer, and that was still when he was in the top 6 players in Vic country, any locals play for bugger all these days?

Hard to believe you would need to encourage a Spending floor with a Cap of 75k ( More evidence that 2 Divisions are required) if that's the case 55k would be more realistic to ensuring a team has atleast a handful of players handy at the level.

I know Corey Jones after he went home to wyche after a stint at golden square, had the payment of each senior player had to buy him a beer, and that was still when he was in the top 6 players in Vic country, any locals play for bugger all these days?
Sounds like a tall Trent story! So after an away game would they stay around at the opposition rooms for 5 or so hours until he sank 20/21 cans & everyone had brought him one?

Plenty of them do, can’t stay competitive at this level (or any level) without those blokes on your list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can tell you that it was the arrangement.

does that mean he got 20 beers every week probably not..but he took no money and if he wanted a beer after a game his team mates were responsible for buying it
Are you on a similar arrangement at Mitiamo Roota? 😄

Last edited:
Avenel has done it again This time they have gained the service’s of International rugby player Sandor Earl he has played with the roosters , panthers , Raiders , Melbourne storm he’s 31 and has junior Aussie footy background the guy lays a mean tackle in rugby 😳😳😂😂

I’m told he’s good friends with one of the Melbourne based players and was talked into playing will be interesting to see how he goes I’m a huge rugby fan and have seen this guy play many times if he makes the right adjustments he’ll create havoc
6’3” 102kgs of muscle, lightning fast, agile, seems like a good prospect to me 🤷🏽‍♂️ Wingers in rugby spend a lot of time under high balls taking grabs. I’m sure he will figure it out pretty quick having played a sport at international level.

Worked out well for another rugby winger Izzy Folau, he couldn't play AFL to save himself

6’3” 102kgs of muscle, lightning fast, agile, seems like a good prospect to me 🤷🏽‍♂️ Wingers in rugby spend a lot of time under high balls taking grabs. I’m sure he will figure it out pretty quick having played a sport at international level.

Did he play a bit of Footy in his younger days Ultra?

Remove this Banner Ad

Kyabram DFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back