Kyabram DFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Tally is home to the Northerners - an A Grade cricket side.

Sorry, I read Ultra’s comment on what grounds are available and implied that he meant grounds that aren’t used for cricket.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Hey Grasskat, that was what I was implying, what grounds would be available due to not needing a cricket pitch straight away.

I’m hearing Kat at last night’s presidents meeting the 11th of September has been set for a possible re start With a final 6 ??? O well no harm in dreaming
Ps if this happens the granny won’t be at mooroopna
For that to occur you’d be expecting restrictions would need to be released on Sept 2 . Bit over a week of training a month since the last game and 2nd game in two months and more than likely without metro players . I think it’s quite an optimistic target , which unless there is a drastic change in the number of cases per day who haven’t been in quarantine , in the next day or so , ain’t going to happen .

Last edited:
For that to occur you’d be expecting restrictions would need to be released on Sept 2 . Bit over a week of training a month since the last game and 2nd game in two months and more than likely without metro players . I think it’s quite an optimistic target , which unless there is a drastic change in the number of cases per day who haven’t been in quarantine , in the next day or so , ain’t going to happen .
Not if you play into October plenty of rope for the Season to get completed with that slight initiative. Also plenty of venues available which has been pointed out.

I agree, it’s all very unlikely.

Not if you play into October plenty of rope for the Season to get completed with that slight initiative. Also plenty of venues available which has been pointed out.
Hey Bush , I think your missing the most important point and that is players interest . A lot has been expected of players this season , more so than ever .

No train , train by yourself , no functions , play with minimal days notice including at changing venues against changing opponents , clubs forfeiting the day before and now asking them to hold on in hope of playing 2-3 weeks a row in 6 weeks , whilst many of them can’t leave their home ?

Hey Bush , I think your missing the most important point and that is players interest . A lot has been expected of players this season , more so than ever .

No train , train by yourself , no functions , play with minimal days notice including at changing venues against changing opponents , clubs forfeiting the day before and now asking them to hold on in hope of playing 2-3 weeks a row in 6 weeks , whilst many of them can’t leave their home ?
Your tune has changed alot since the PDFL has hit troubled waters.

Your tune has changed alot since the PDFL has hit troubled waters.
My position has changed when it became clear clearly apparent that the latest strain is uncontrollable and the whole population is just as vulnerable .

With previous strains a decent 2 weeks snap lockdown was predominately successful and we could return. , this is a different scenario . Nothing is controlling it . We have never been in a lockdown for this long with numbers still growing including in regional Vic .

We are only talking about sides that are playing finals now, so I’d think there would be a good percentage that would be still keen to try for the ultimate glory if given the chance, its looking doubtful, but while there is still a chance, I’ll be preparing as if we have a finals series to play at some point.
a Month off, not being able to train together, stop start season, think a premiership in a season like that would be even more special and require a lot of individual drive and self motivation to get a side there.

I agree, it’s all very unlikely.

It doesn’t hurt to have Hope mate just imagine if the Kdl did kick off on the 11th and they are the only league playing the grand final crowd would be that big they would be hanging off the light towers Until they say it’s over there’s still a chance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When would there be a presentation night for the awards would they do it remotely or not at all?

seems like Davies, Barnes and martin are all favourites is there any other Smokey’s?

The league has proposed an online Presentation night, to hopefully allow clubs to host their own functions, they would try to get something set up at all clubs with Trophies presented to all award winners and interviewed from a host venue, Originally proposed for week after grand final

The league has proposed an online Presentation night, to hopefully allow clubs to host their own functions, they would try to get something set up at all clubs with Trophies presented to all award winners and interviewed from a host venue, Originally proposed for week after grand final
Gvfl season called off
Watch kdl follow

Gvfl season called off
Watch kdl follow
At this stage, believe KDL is prepared to play the waiting game for a fortnight. 3 week final 6 for an 11th start, 2 week final 4 for the 18th, just a GF if nothing till the 24th, also chance to push finals back as well.
East Gippy league going with a two week top 4 starting on the 11th

At this stage, believe KDL is prepared to play the waiting game for a fortnight. 3 week final 6 for an 11th start, 2 week final 4 for the 18th, just a GF if nothing till the 24th, also chance to push finals back as well.
East Gippy league going with a two week top 4 starting on the 11th

No harm in waiting, even if it is very unlikely. October 2 could also be available at a push.

My mind is on how to make 2022 work out. Fixture in such a way that we play everyone once, leave out split rounds and general byes on Queens Birthday. Play on every weekend possible. The backend of the home and away could be sorted later, for delayed rounds or a second dig at a couple of clubs.

We will need to control the controllables to ensure 2022 has a result.

I'll go cerrone

Zac Cerrone rightly dominated the Lancaster B&F in season 2019 but did not get a vote in the league B& F. Does not get noticed by umpires despite being in and under and a high possession getter who kicks lots of goals! Some players get noticed by umpires others don’t. The club award is the one where the insiders know who is playing as expected.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kyabram DFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back