Kyabram DFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Pre-salary cap timesā€¦ šŸ’° šŸ’° šŸ’°

It did bring in some very good players!
And would you say Murch have been fairly consistently strong since that period?. Which tells me a club can spend money, be successful and not drop off the football landscape. Why do we have all these over officious do gooders telling us you can only spend this, and you can't recruit too many non local gun players !!....bugger off you clowns !!, you're the ones ruining local footy.

And would you say Murch have been fairly consistently strong since that period?. Which tells me a club can spend money, be successful and not drop off the football landscape. Why do we have all these over officious do gooders telling us you can only spend this, and you can't recruit too many non local gun players !!....bugger off you clowns !!, you're the ones ruining local footy.

Those numbers were certainly not sustainable for VT or Murch.

Those numbers were certainly not sustainable for VT or Murch.
I understand that Kat but I don't see anything wrong with a club spending it when it can then reining it back in when it needs to. If clubs can control there own backyard let them do it, if it brings them unstuck,sad as it may be, then so be it. Most clubs these day aren't going under because of being broke, they're going under because they're being hamstrung by red tape and bureaucracy.

I think the cup is in the cabinet at hopper land. Dominant display today
You would think the hoppers would be red hot in winning the flag this year Flexing their muscles yesterday and smashing a disappointing wombat side who I reckon will not get another go at them
PS how good was James Milne yesterday what a player heā€™s beenšŸ˜Š

Last edited:
You would think the hoppers would be red hot in winning the flag this year Flexing their muscles yesterday and smashing a disappointing wombat side who I reckon will not get another go at them
PS how good was James Milne yesterday what a player heā€™s beenšŸ˜ž
Good call on Milne swoop, we were just singing his praises on how good he was in this comp 11 years ago !!, always pleasing to see consistency and longevity. PS. was the sad face a typo ? šŸ˜³ šŸ¤£...I imagine so

Another disappointing finish to the season by the Swans 2nds. Their players don't appear to improve with either skill or mindset as the season rolls on while other contending teams improve quite abit. Grand Final a couple of years ago is another example....and in '16. Doesn't make me happy to say so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
Can either Shepp east or Lancy actually get near Murch? who was Murch late out last weekend?
Shepp east will beat a depleated Lancy this weekend and then who knows what could happen in the granny!

Can either Shepp east or Lancy actually get near Murch? who was Murch late out last weekend?
Shepp east will beat a depleated Lancy this weekend and then who knows what could happen in the granny!
Late out was Brodie Sanders, will be available for the Grand Final.

I agree that Lancy "look" to be up against it now, it's been a huge 4yrs for them (2021 Covid year included). But who know's, it's finals & anything can happen. But clearly the best 3 sides remain.

Nagambie was gallant getting themselves back into it & on their day as we seen could've challenged.

Should be a fast deck out at Tally this week which should be an entertaining game! šŸ‘šŸ¾

Late out was Brodie Sanders, will be available for the Grand Final.

I agree that Lancy "look" to be up against it now, it's been a huge 4yrs for them (2021 Covid year included). But who know's, it's finals & anything can happen. But clearly the best 3 sides remain.

Nagambie was gallant getting themselves back into it & on their day as we seen could've challenged.

Should be a fast deck out at Tally this week which should be an entertaining game!
Oh yes Thats why Kerrins came in i heard the coach copped a bit of slack for dropping the local fella, wonder if he'll do it again! tough gig being a coach around finals time but you gotta pick your best side.
Shepp East to roll Murch in the granny im predicting. Gonne be good couple weeks.

Oh yes Thats why Kerrins came in i heard the coach copped a bit of slack for dropping the local fella, wonder if he'll do it again! tough gig being a coach around finals time but you gotta pick your best side.
Shepp East to roll Murch in the granny im predicting. Gonne be good couple weeks.
I would take Tom Kerrins over Brodie sanders every single day of the week. But as you said, tough gig coaching and selection never easy.

Shepp East my tip for the flag also.

I would take Tom Kerrins over Brodie sanders every single day of the week. But as you said, tough gig coaching and selection never easy.

Shepp East my tip for the flag also.
I think they'll get there but alot will have to go right for them to knock off Murch. Tough to win it from outside the top two

I think they'll get there but alot will have to go right for them to knock off Murch. Tough to win it from outside the top two
Murch had a player against Lancy that it looked like got concussed? assuming he wont make it up for the GF under concussion protocols?

Remove this Banner Ad

Kyabram DFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back