News Lachie Neale to Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Fagan flew over to Perth last night to spend the last couple of days with Lachie! Is that weird? Making sure he doesn’t back out, for support? Just reeks desperation.
Now that the cat is out of the bag regarding Beams they would be aware that Neale may be the less keen. Some explaining to do.

I suppose that's the benefit of being in Brisbane. No one will care. There will be no analysis on channel 7 that night. Hagdorn and Hardie won't be going on about it every day on 6PR and the news channels. Brisbane FC will just be happy they secured a decent mid that actually wanted to go there. He can play a bad game, go down to the shops still in his Brisbane gear, and do his shopping without being recognised and hassled. He can go to a club and not have everyone (the blokes) stealing glimpses at him, and get paid 800K to do it. Sounds like a nice change to me if I was in his shoes. And he can get the captaincy which I think he really wants.

The rest is pretty accurate but I don't see this happening. Zorko is the holder at the moment but Andrews or Berry will be our long term captains, probably most likely Andrews at the moment. Great player and a QLDer as well means he's a marketable for us as well as being one of the most mature 21 year olds you'll ever meet

The rest is pretty accurate but I don't see this happening. Zorko is the holder at the moment but Andrews or Berry will be our long term captains, probably most likely Andrews at the moment. Great player and a QLDer as well means he's a marketable for us as well as being one of the most mature 21 year olds you'll ever meet
There's not really any point in going back and forth on this except to say that I think you'll have changed your mind by this time next year once you've seen him perform both on and off the field. You're getting far more than a high possession mid. Enjoy.

There's not really any point in going back and forth on this except to say that I think you'll have changed your mind by this time next year once you've seen him perform both on and off the field. You're getting far more than a high possession mid. Enjoy.
I always found Neale pretty uneventful off the field. He has gravitas for sure but I never felt like he was an inspiring sort.

Pre-trade: Lachie Neale is the best contested ball winner in the universe and has more leadership in his little finger than 99% of AFL players. He is a gun both on and off the field. He will make those around him walk taller.

Post-trade: Yeah Lachie's ok. Good at winning the ball but not so much being accountable on the spread the other way. Ok role-model when underneath other strong leaders but definitely not Captain material. He will rely a lot on the quality he is surrounded by.

Now that the cat is out of the bag regarding Beams they would be aware that Neale may be the less keen. Some explaining to do.

Nah it’s just how Fagan operates. Total cuddly people person. Marcus Adams is in Perth too so it was a no brainer for Fagan to go see them both.

I always found Neale pretty uneventful off the field. He has gravitas for sure but I never felt like he was an inspiring sort.
I also think that being a player who has gone to a club for nothing else but a LARGE contract is a negative for a captain. Being vice captain for us did not equate to loyalty either. I just don't see the kind of behavior that you want from a captain when you have other options. In the end you want a player who loves the club and has a belief in it's future, not a player with an eye on the pieces of silver.

I don't have a bad word to say about Neale, he'll be a great get for Brisbane and I wish him all the best.
Until he comes to Optus of course, then he'll get a hot reception.

There is a bit of that I reckon, especially with Beams now leaving. For the most part id imagine he is just making sure Lachie is kept right in the loop with updates as Noble calls him. I think Lachie is growing increasingly frustrated and edgy about the whole thing, i get the impression he thought it would be done quickly. But also, Adams is in Perth, so it was 2 bird with one stone I believe.

probably just made sure he had enough packing boxes and didn't accidentally take Brayshaw's golf clubs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd actually love it if he left on good terms, got us a good deal and we clapped him like we did for Crowls when he will play against us.

So do I, but I think it may be past that. That said he’s handled this absolutely perfectly for mine. I don’t care what’s happening behind the scenes, he and his management have been absolutely silent, and not let it play out in the media (despite everyone speculating on his unrest). Good luck Lachie.

but Crowls would have stayed with us and was so much easier to love :)
That is one of my favourite Freo moments in that Essendon game, Crowley hobbling back knowing he was done, the crowd giving him the appreciation and Ryan's reaction.

Better hope Fyfe is fit, because Neale 100% carried the team on his shoulders in the midfield during those long lay offs.
Without Neale, Fyfe is gonna realizes how much he ll have to do. He wants to be the A grader which the midfield is goings to build around? Then he ll get it.

Better hope Fyfe is fit, because Neale 100% carried the team on his shoulders in the midfield during those long lay offs.
Without Neale, Fyfe is gonna realizes how much he ll have to do. He wants to be the A grader which the midfield is goings to build around? Then he ll get it.
I think Fyfe isn't going to realise anything that he doesn't already know. Blakely IMO is going to be a gun next year if he plays in the middle.

But we won very few games without Fyfe. We just need Blakely back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back