News Lachie Neale to Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of the clubs involved in the looming mega-trade,
  1. how would you rank them in terms of need to get the deal done?
  2. which deal do you think is the linchpin to trigger something happening?
Fremantle, GCSs, Brisbane, Collingwood, GWS, Melbourne

My take;

Brisbane
GWS
Fremantle
Collingwood
Melbourne
GCS

Brisbane - Fremantle is the trigger deal, closely followed by Brisbane - Collingwood

As expected Barrett softens his stance but doesn't apologise... "Freo have every right to stand their ground" followed later by "I stand by my criticism the other day. And will double down if they don't get it done."

In terms of the clubs involved in the looming mega-trade,
  1. how would you rank them in terms of need to get the deal done?
  2. which deal do you think is the linchpin to trigger something happening?
Fremantle, GCSs, Brisbane, Collingwood, GWS, Melbourne

My take;

Brisbane
GWS
Fremantle
Collingwood
Melbourne
GCS

Brisbane - Fremantle is the trigger deal, closely followed by Brisbane - Collingwood
I think you're close to the mark. Melbourne\GCS don't really NEED to make any moves as they ultimately should be wanting to keep Hogan\May respectively.
I'd flip GWS for Brisbane since they're dealing with their cap issues.

The trigger deal is probably dependent on what clubs are wanting to accept. Freo want more than #5 so we may be waiting for the Beams deal to eventuate before accepting anything from Brissy for that #18. So imo it's Brisbane holding it up now (even if it was considered Freo was before the Beams story got out).

As expected Barrett softens his stance but doesn't apologise... "Freo have every right to stand their ground" followed later by "I stand by my criticism the other day. And will double down if they don't get it done."
Would not even worry bout wat barrett says. He is the highest order of tosser.

Speaking of McClure

NEALE DEAL STILL ON THE CARDS

LACHIE Neale has made it very clear to Fremantle that he wants to leave the club and will not play there in 2019.

With the Brisbane Lions aiming to score the gun midfielder from the Dockers, they are set to part with their prized top-five pick for his services. .

“The deal will get done,” AFL journalist Sam McClure told AFL Trade Radio.

“Lachie Neale is leaving. He has told the club that. They’re not going to hold him against his will.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I personally feel we're being mildly charitable if the deal gets done for 5 + 18.

Beams leaving is an unfortunate situation for the Lions, but it means we've got them over a barrel on this deal. Brisbane go from having from one of the strongest midfields in the comp last week with Neale coming in, to one of the weakest with Beams leaving. Neale is a must for them, and if the reports are to be believed it sounds as though he stands to lose a decent proportion of his potential 2019 salary if we don't trade him. I'd imagine he wants the deal finalised prior to his wedding next month. His last public statement has him re-iterating that he won't walk out on us.

I won't be surprised if we're asking for big overs, and I won't be surprised if we receive it as well.

“Lachie Neale is leaving. He has told the club that. They’re not going to hold him against his will.”

I have this vision of Lachie Neale delivering this news to Peter Bell at a conference table sitting in leather chairs.

Peter Bell looks at him and considers what he has said for a moment. Gets up, walks to his office and brings back a step ladder. He proceeds to mount the conference table, remove his gigantic testicles from his pants and plops them on the table.

"Yes, we will"

:eek:

I have this vision of Lachie Neale delivering this news to Peter Bell at a conference table sitting in leather chairs.

Peter Bell looks at him and considers what he has said for a moment. Gets up, walks to his office and brings back a step ladder. He proceeds to mount the conference table, remove his gigantic testicles from his pants and plops them on the table.

"Yes, we will"

:eek:
I don't have THOSE sort of visions.:drunk:

If Brisbane had assured him of getting the trade done then their 1st this year and next will do first thing tomorrow morning.

Mwahahahaha

Hope this is true

Two firsts next year for Cogs.

Midfield of Fyfe, Cogs, Brayshaw, Cerra, Smith, Blakely with SHill, Langdon and BHill on the outside. That's one balanced, strong midfield that's suited for RTB's contested gameplan.

2020 flag tilt here we come!

Hope this is true

Two firsts next year for Cogs.

Midfield of Fyfe, Cogs, Brayshaw, Cerra, Smith, Blakely with SHill, Langdon and BHill on the outside. That's one balanced, strong midfield that's suited for RTB's contested gameplan.

2020 flag tilt here we come!

If they do give us the first next year too I'd immediately offer it and our own first round pick next year for Coniglio this offseason.

85b7d26dcc93bdfc27f13a2b94842a94.png

“Lions have reassured Neale they will get him to Brisbane”

“They guaranteed me that the deal will be done”
-L.Weller

Lol lol lol lol

“Thanks for playing”
-P.Bell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about if pick 30 flows back to the Pies instead of Brisbane?

I like that deal. Collingwood need points this year so their 2019 1st should be on the table.

How about
FREO
Out: Neale, 30,49
In: 5 and Brissy 2019 1st

Brisbane
Out: 5, 2019 1st, Beams
In: Neale, 18, Coll 2019 1st, 57

Collingwood
Out: 18, 2019 1st, 57
In: Beams, 30, 49

Status
Not open for further replies.