News Lachie Neale to Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is probably literally no incentive in stirring this pot up again, especially when I made previous posts alluding to his youthful spirit as incentive to leave.

Buuuuuut I caught up with a friend whose partner works at the Dockers (in a ground-level admin role); and the feedback from her was that Lachie was unhappy with the professionalism demonstrated by around half a dozen footballers in the club - this was expressed by Lachie to Ross at the mid-season review. The topics were around standards (i.e. Harley Bennell) and out-of-shape players (i.e. Cam McCarthy), and the fact that not every player is being held to the highest standard of integrity. Lachie was rebuffed by Ross, and told that these weren't matter for him to worry about.

Lachie is good friends with Lincoln McCarthy - and it was him that was courted by the Lions first. He tapped Fagan on the shoulder and suggested he reach out to Lachie, as he had walked away from the mid-season review unsatisfied and worried about the club's direction. Fagan apparently told Lincoln he wouldn't have thought to reach out to Lachie as he had been so adamant on staying with Fremantle during his last contract, but once he knew he was open they made a full plan of attack to go for his services.

This employee was just ground-level, and received this info through standard work-place gossip. She's not open to the inner-workings of the club. I also realise how silly it sounds mentioning this now after I'd previously come up with other theories for him leaving. Worth outlining here though.
Yeah we have heaps of crap spouted at my business as well, and also every place I have worked. Much of it rubbish, and it can be quite damaging. It is really important to seek out those who contribute to it, and get rid of them.

I really like the minimal number of leaks that the club has, including during this extremely difficult time of year, and think it contrasts really well with a club like Melbourne and how they seemed to bleed to the media regularly and from multiple sources.

As for the players, the club would have very clear measures for the players, and most of them are on limited contracts. They can get sorted fairly easily if they are not hitting fitness targets. We have lost Bond and it could well be related to this kind of issue, including the re-signings that have happened.

Yeah we have heaps of crap spouted at my business as well, and also every place I have worked. Much of it rubbish, and it can be quite damaging. It is really important to seek out those who contribute to it, and get rid of them.

I really like the minimal number of leaks that the club has, including during this extremely difficult time of year, and think it contrasts really well with a club like Melbourne and how they seemed to bleed to the media regularly and from multiple sources.

As for the players, the club would have very clear measures for the players, and most of them are on limited contracts. They can get sorted fairly easily if they are not hitting fitness targets. We have lost Bond and it could well be related to this kind of issue, including the re-signings that have happened.
Been in many situations and gossip is culture destroying.

There is probably literally no incentive in stirring this pot up again, especially when I made previous posts alluding to his youthful spirit as incentive to leave.

Buuuuuut I caught up with a friend whose partner works at the Dockers (in a ground-level admin role); and the feedback from her was that Lachie was unhappy with the professionalism demonstrated by around half a dozen footballers in the club - this was expressed by Lachie to Ross at the mid-season review. The topics were around standards (i.e. Harley Bennell) and out-of-shape players (i.e. Cam McCarthy), and the fact that not every player is being held to the highest standard of integrity. Lachie was rebuffed by Ross, and told that these weren't matter for him to worry about.

Lachie is good friends with Lincoln McCarthy - and it was him that was courted by the Lions first. He tapped Fagan on the shoulder and suggested he reach out to Lachie, as he had walked away from the mid-season review unsatisfied and worried about the club's direction. Fagan apparently told Lincoln he wouldn't have thought to reach out to Lachie as he had been so adamant on staying with Fremantle during his last contract, but once he knew he was open they made a full plan of attack to go for his services.

This employee was just ground-level, and received this info through standard work-place gossip. She's not open to the inner-workings of the club. I also realise how silly it sounds mentioning this now after I'd previously come up with other theories for him leaving. Worth outlining here though.
Seems like someone who could regret this decision

Seems like someone who could regret this decision
The reason why players like Pavlich, Sandilands and Mundy are such legends is because they have all been through far worse situations than where we are now and with less reason for optimism. They sat through debacles with the playing list and coaches, absolute bungles by the club and some seriously unprofessional situations. They would have had big contracts and incentives to leave, take the money, jump ship for a premiership. They chose the hard road, and were/are well rewarded. That is top line leadership.

The reason why players like Pavlich, Sandilands and Mundy are such legends is because they have all been through far worse situations than where we are now and with less reason for optimism. They sat through debacles with the playing list and coaches, absolute bungles by the club and some seriously unprofessional situations. They would have had big contracts and incentives to leave, take the money, jump ship for a premiership. They chose the hard road, and were/are well rewarded. That is top line leadership.
Pavlich has really set up himself very well after football, due to stability and putting things in place.

Not sure Neale will be able to do the same at Brisbane.

This is true for the most part, except they were never underpaid relative to their position in the game at large. If Pav had been on the 2007 equivalent of 500,000 rather than 800,000 back then pretty good chance history turns out differently.

This is true for the most part, except they were never underpaid relative to their position in the game at large. If Pav had been on the 2007 equivalent of 500,000 rather than 800,000 back then pretty good chance history turns out differently.
That should be a discussion Neale has with his manager shouldn't it? I mean it is easy to say he was underpaid, but a good manager addresses that by renegotiating with the boss. I would be stunned if Neale's contract wouldn't have been a high priority over the off-season anyway.

I think the reality is that Brisbane have offered significantly more than what we were. And I am fine with that, partly because that level of salary is what I think needs to be reserved for damaging/game changing players (Fyfe and Hogan), and partly because it meant Brisbane then needed to commit to a serious trade price.

As a player I really like Neale, but I think he is surprisingly replaceable. At least, I hope so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, for me if a player plays better you renegotiated as an act of good will plus you sign up better players for longer.

Also, playing unders in the last year contract of player is asking to be poached.
The only way we could have done that, in my view, would have been to offer him money that would have compromised our ability to manage our cap in the future.

Their mistake was negotiating a deal that probably undervalued him at the time (mid 2016) not what he turned out to be worth by the end of 2018.

I'll probably get banned or something for saying this but whilst it might be true that Mccarthy, Bennell etc are out of shape and/or unprofessional, if Neale is taking the moral highground he shouldn't be.

I was connected through someone I know to Neale back in 2016 and he was having himself quite a few coke binges during the season. To the point where Barlow was going to tell him to pull his head in. You all might remember at the end of that year when Yarran had his rant on facebook he also mentioned Neale's drug use and it was promptly dismissed because "Neale would never!"

Don't think hes that big of a loss in terms of leadership.

I'll probably get banned or something for saying this but whilst it might be true that Mccarthy, Bennell etc are out of shape and/or unprofessional, if Neale is taking the moral highground he shouldn't be.

I was connected through someone I know to Neale back in 2016 and he was having himself quite a few coke binges during the season. To the point where Barlow was going to tell him to pull his head in. You all might remember at the end of that year when Yarran had his rant on facebook he also mentioned Neale's drug use and it was promptly dismissed because "Neale would never!"

Sheeeeyit

Was he mixing anything with it or was it straight Coke Zero? :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back