News Lachie Neale to Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Im not sure how you can say that?

He could have a heap of genuine incentives to go. You may not agree with them, but they must of been big enough for him to want to go. And maybe money was a factor, but no one can say it was the only factor besides him.

Can't stand the down talking that fans of clubs subject their players, ex players or missed targets to. Eagles fans started potting gaff when we thought he was gone, and some now pot Kelly when he didn't come.

If you saying $$ was the only reason for him to go is not in a negative light then sorry. But the mentality of someone being a hero when they are at your club and a sh*t bloke when the leave is the thing of 10 year olds.
Piss off.

I think their is other reasons but people has a right to their view.

Come on this board with a holy than I attitude, you can piss off.

Im not sure how you can say that?

He could have a heap of genuine incentives to go. You may not agree with them, but they must of been big enough for him to want to go. And maybe money was a factor, but no one can say it was the only factor besides him.

Can't stand the down talking that fans of clubs subject their players, ex players or missed targets to. Eagles fans started potting gaff when we thought he was gone, and some now pot Kelly when he didn't come.

If you saying $$ was the only reason for him to go is not in a negative light then sorry. But the mentality of someone being a hero when they are at your club and a sh*t bloke when the leave is the thing of 10 year olds.

Was never a fan of Neale, but good luck to him. Sorry, but I truly believe it was all about the money - even he can't come up with another reason. I would have been far more understanding if he went back to Adelaide citing home as his reason. There were times this season when I even commented that his heart wasn't in it and maybe he was tired/injured.

Saying he went after money is not talking him down, it's giving a very genuine and powerful reason for him to leave if he "loved Freo and Ross Lyon".

It's not like when Judd left because he was sick of the coke culture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are Lachie’s chances of becoming the Lions’ captain? Zorko is 30 in February.

Harris Andrews is the odds on favourite - current VC at 21 and a home-grown academy kid. Which does kind of matter given that our last captain just departed! But Lachie does seem very impressive so who knows how it turns out in a year or two.

Like others I do want to say I've very much enjoyed interacting with you all the last few weeks and it is good to see you have such a productive trade period. I was a bit of a sceptic of Bell's strategy to begin with but you can't say that he didn't get pretty exceptional results - from the picks you started with to bring in Hogan and Lobb and still pick in the top 15 (and pick up plenty of later picks!) is pretty extraordinary.

Was never a fan of Neale, but good luck to him. Sorry, but I truly believe it was all about the money - even he can't come up with another reason. I would have been far more understanding if he went back to Adelaide citing home as his reason. There were times this season when I even commented that his heart wasn't in it and maybe he was tired/injured.

Saying he went after money is not talking him down, it's giving a very genuine and powerful reason for him to leave if he "loved Freo and Ross Lyon".

See nah your heads still in the sand.

Even if you think Bribsane is a shit hole and that Freo are 100 times more promising than the Lions moving forward, he is clearly drawn to the notion of being able to walk down the street as an unknown. Which is one of the very few advantages we have in a non traditional footy state.

Even if you think Bribsane is a shit hole and that Freo are 100 times more promising than the Lions moving forward, he is clearly drawn to the notion of being able to walk down the street as an unknown. Which is one of the very few advantages we have in a non traditional footy state.
That’s part of it for sure.

Harris Andrews is the odds on favourite - current VC at 21 and a home-grown academy kid. Which does kind of matter given that our last captain just departed! But Lachie does seem very impressive so who knows how it turns out in a year or two.

Like others I do want to say I've very much enjoyed interacting with you all the last few weeks and it is good to see you have such a productive trade period. I was a bit of a sceptic of Bell's strategy to begin with but you can't say that he didn't get pretty exceptional results - from the picks you started with to bring in Hogan and Lobb and still pick in the top 15 (and pick up plenty of later picks!) is pretty extraordinary.
Harris Andrews is a superstar , The most promising KPD in the comp . If someone gave me a choice between Harris Andrews or Alex Rance i would take Andrews.

The reality is we can nit pick and speculate, but he has poo pooed a lot of the personal attacks that were directed to Freo, it’s players, coaches and ‘culture’. We may never know the truth.

If you want to see a disgusting bunch of supporters, check out the malice directed towards Jesse Hogan on the Melbourne board. Sounds like he’s lucky to get out of there!!

Just because he doesn't articulate his reasons directly in the media, doesn't mean they don't exist and that therefore in the absence of anything else 'it must be money'. I think you're reading a bit deep into both his season, and what sits behind his move.

Just because he doesn't articulate his reasons directly in the media, doesn't mean they don't exist and that therefore in the absence of anything else 'it must be money'. I think you're reading a bit deep into both his season, and what sits behind his move.
I’m saying we (including myself) will all have our own opinion of why he left, but will possibly never know what really happened - as soon as the 2019 season starts we probably won’t care either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back