News Lachie Neale to Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We drafted mids because we lack quality in the middle. Losing a consistent and durable inside mid that averages 30 touches is still going backwards whichever way it gets spun
West coast lost 2 last year. It worked out ok for them.

We drafted mids because we lack quality in the middle. Losing a consistent and durable inside mid that averages 30 touches is still going backwards whichever way it gets spun
Just like WC lacked quality in the middle? Turned that around with smarts, letting player's play and become confident in their roles and excellent midfield coaching.

Last edited:

"Superdraft", exciting key position player worth multiple high picks (and with a query over his health), said player's club agreeable to moving him on, Freo with a high draft pick ... deja vu, anyone?

2018 is shaping up to be the new 2001.
Yes especially with CEO Schwarb in charge of draft in 2001 and CEO Rosich in charge in 2018.

I'd stay right away from Hogan until next year when you know how the navicular injury really is.

Yes especially with CEO Schwarb in charge of draft in 2001 and CEO Rosich in charge in 2018.

I'd stay right away from Hogan until next year when you know how the navicular injury really is.

Or you do you due dilligance this year and get him. You don’t just say “ah let’s wait” with A grade KPF talent, too many things could go wrong.

If it turns out he’s got a bad injury, we get him cheap. But I doubt that’s the case, everyone is just paranoid

Or you do you due dilligance this year and get him. You don’t just say “ah let’s wait” with A grade KPF talent, too many things could go wrong.

If it turns out he’s got a bad injury, we get him cheap. But I doubt that’s the case, everyone is just paranoid

I hope we hold our 1st (4/5). I'd prefer to trade our 2019 1st. We want one early pick this year.

Neale is definitely a loss, it's funny how the perception changes as soon as he's going from key midfielder to short accumulator - but if we can come out of all this with Hogan and retain at least one top 6 pick it looks OK - those who are following this more closely how big are our chances of this happening or are we going to get shafted here.

Exactly what i was thinking this has Croad trade written all over it . For the record i don't rate Hogan as highly as some on here. And giving up our first pick and effectively another top pick which we don't have yet for him would be crazy

I just want Lachie to stay. I kinda love him a little bit. Thought he would be a Freo4Lyf type. Don't go Lachie!

[If we do trade him out, I'd want Bris #4 and their 2019 1st.

If we do trade Hogan in, they can have our #5 and our 2019 2nd.

Maybe change that Pick 4 with Adelaide for 7 and 19.

Out: Neale, 5, 2019 2nd
In: Hogan, 7, 19, Bris 2019 1st]

Dreaming if you think you're going to get two top 6-8 picks from us and then get Hogan for a first and a second.

Neale is definitely a loss, it's funny how the perception changes as soon as he's going from key midfielder to short accumulator - but if we can come out of all this with Hogan and retain at least one top 6 pick it looks OK - those who are following this more closely how big are our chances of this happening or are we going to get shafted here.

I think most have agreed that lachie is a star, but not irreplaceable and not as important as getting a kpf option up forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because it is massive overs on top of pick 5 this year. The multi-club possibilities that are opening up give us way more flexibility to satisfy Freo this year by getting you Hogan. We can likely secure 9&10 from Port with our pick 5+22/Mayes.

Or we can send 5 to the Suns to send May + our 22 to the Demons to land you Hogan.

Noble has made it very clear that he is fundamentally against trading future firsts unless it is absolutely unavoidable, and in light of the vast number of trade options that are emerging this year, it seems like it just won’t happen. He has said in interviews this week that improving further in 2019 will open up even more opportunities to lure more big fish. He’s going to be locking that 2019 first away to make sure we are in the game next year.

Last edited:
Because it is massive overs on top of pick 5 this year. The multi-club possibilities that are opening up give us way more flexibility to satisfy Freo this year by getting you Hogan. We can likely secure 9&10 from Port with our pick 5+22/Mayes.

Happy for it to not happen.

Or we can send 5 to the Suns to send May + 22 to the Demons to land you Hogan.

Noble has made it very clear that he is fundamentally against trading future firsts unless it is absolutely unavoidable, and in light of the vast number of trade options that are emerging this year, it seems like it just won’t happen. He has said in interviews this week that improving further in 2019 will open up even more opportunities to lure more big fish. He’s going to be locking that 2019 first away to make sure we are in the game next year.

Thanks for the thorough well thought out response. Unusual around here.

I think most have agreed that lachie is a star, but not irreplaceable and not as important as getting a kpf option up forward

Hogan is definitely mouth-watering, this seemed like an up and down year for him and he still kicked 47 goals. In fact he has gone at 2 goals a game in all 4 of his years so far, that's impressive. Even when things aren't going his way, he finds the goals, we would love that in the side. But we have been burnt overpaying for a talented prospect in the past and the injury question remains. I think we need Hogan and to retain a 2018 top pick to come out looking decent here

1 pick certainly won’t be enough, regardless of the draft.

I agree with that. See above.

I think it’s unfolding that Hogan for Neale will pretty much be the equation. I think we have ways to make that happen via other clubs with some sort of permutations involving 22 and/or future second rounder and/or Mayes(Port) and/or Keays (Suns)

I agree with that. See above.

I think it’s unfolding that Hogan for Neale will pretty much be the equation. I think we have ways to make that happen via other clubs with some sort of permutations involving 22 and/or future second rounder and/or Mayes(Port) and/or Keays (Suns)

Must have missed that one, my bad.

That deal with port would be ideal, though complicated if Eagles match Lycett (if he wants out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back