Player Watch Lachie Schultz

Remove this Banner Ad

Because he is a protected species. The club plays its favorites no matter what crap they serve up.
He just been terrible and will still get another game next week...... and the next etc etc
You get the feeling the club just don't want to admit they got the trade wrong especially with Ginni doing so well.
Who else on the list can play his role that isn’t getting a game. I’ll wait.

Can someone please explain one game where he had played well? The sub tonight should’ve happened early in the 3rd for Richards.

Even McCrae has played a good seniors game (west coast)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Maybe Shooter’s lack of confidence and form is from putting too much pressure on himself because he reads how many weak pricks on here bag him incessantly.
So much for “Side by Side”.
It’s either your motto or not I guess. I’m glad most on here live by it.

Maybe Shooter’s lack of confidence and form is from putting too much pressure on himself because he reads how many weak pricks on here bag him incessantly.

He plays AFL. If you can’t handle feedback then find another job

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'll need to rise into being a Collingwood player, rather than shrinking. If it's a mental thing.

Hackneyed phrases won't help him.

He said as much himself. "I let it get to me" was the quote regarding the online comments. Yeah, he's a professional footballer and paid really well, and there's always going to be stuff like this to overcome that's part of the job, but when he's a new player at the club and the abuse is coming from supporters of his own team, it's not ideal

Because he is a protected species. ***

He's had an ordinary year. Sadly, people don't always perform to expectations.

The club should be protecting him because the poor bugger is getting hammered everywhere. This is a human being we're talking about.

You can never question his effort or his toughness at the contest, but the fact is he doesn’t have the class you would want from a forward. Never feel confident when he has a set shot, that says something.
Too many times this year he has rushed himself or gone the wrong option , has no composure when it counts

It’s been costly this year, we have lost momentum during many games this year because of it. Had his chance late again tonight.
He either panics or has a lack of skill when the pressure is on

If you don’t believe in “Side by Side”, find another club you campaigner.

“Side by Side” is not an excuse for inferiority! This is sport. Reserved for those that perform at the elite level. Unfortunate Schultz is a victim of bad decision making … however our motto should not exclude him from supporters criticism.

When we see shit we call shit. That’s our right as members. If we all interpret “side by side” as you have then no one would ever be delisted

Could have guessed this thread would be at the top. People claiming we threw away a top 8 pick as if it was guaranteed we’d finish 12th or worse. Lachie said the hardest thing he’s had to deal with since coming over is our bloody so called supporters so if you want some good trade value over the next few years maybe back off. 😡

It’s funny people compare him to Ginni and mourn for a player who ran away because it was too hard to play to a premiership winning style. He prefers playing for a bottom 8 side where he has freedom to do his own thing.

Schultz has definitely struggled this year with injuries and suspension and an ever changing forward line. He seemed to play his best when we were short and he could be more of a focal point.

But we got an AFL quality player to come straight into a premiership side rather than waiting 5 years for a speculative first round pick.

So let’s see after 5 years, cos no one we might have drafted this year would have been making an impact in the next 2-3 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Lachie Schultz

Remove this Banner Ad

Back