Player Watch Lachie Schultz

Remove this Banner Ad

He wasn’t the only one to miss a shot from memory nor the only one to have an up and down year.
You are right. There are arguably two players on our list that had a better 2024 than 2023. Nick & Darcy Cameron. Everybody else went backwards statistically, some significantly

Lachie has had a fair season. I am sure he would agree his season was not as good as he had hoped and his goal-kicking at times has been poor. But as you said, he wasn't the only one to miss a shot from memory. There were 5 other similar misses in the 2nd & 3rd quarters, any of which could have won us the game. Or if we didn't kick it out from FB straight to the only Swan near 3 Pies players for him to goal or gift them a 50m penalty for goal. If Lippa didn't fumble the HB in the last. It was a accumulative effect

BF Posters on here are jumping out of their skin to get Lukosius who is on good $$$$ and has two years to go on his contract. Some are the same posters bagging Schultz. Yet Schultz matches Hill and has Lukosius covered statistically this year

Its naive of people to dislike Schultz the player because of what the club paid for him. It was the club that approached Schultz & it was the club that negotiated the trade with Freo. Blame GW, not Schultz.

He's still got more goals than Ginni this year.

It's obviously more a confidence thing, because he found the goals whilst at the Dockers.
New club, new game plan, new role. While adjusting he’s missed goals he’d normally lap up. If he’d taken most of his easier chances, there’d be no whining about him, just the trade which he wasn’t responsible for anyhow.

New club, new game plan, new role. While adjusting he’s missed goals he’d normally lap up. If he’d taken most of his easier chances, there’d be no whining about him, just the trade which he wasn’t responsible for anyhow.
Agree. It's been a crappy year for injuries with so much inconsistency & lack of connection within the team. That would make it even harder for new players to adjust.

I find the pile on & nasty tone from some about Shultz kind of juvenile, tbh.

Agree. It's been a crappy year for injuries with so much inconsistency & lack of connection within the team. That would make it even harder for new players to adjust.

I find the pile on & nasty tone from some about Shultz kind of juvenile, tbh.
We are all frustrated and gutted about our year. It’s been an uphill battle from round zero.
It’s ok to be critical but to single out one player for the amount of vitriol he cops is very poor form. They’re all downhill skiers for fans.

Last edited:
Yeh sorry guys, you got rolled

Was always a mediocre talent/skill player, made up for it with effort/commitment.
2023 he was accurate, unfortunately not repeated

Similar to the Mayne thing, your recruitment party refuses to watch Freo games I think.
Thanks for the pick though
Mayney was a free-agent .. picked him for zero trade cost

cap-wise, he ended up giving reasonably good-value-for-money service across his 5 yrs

original 4-year contract was extended by a year given his good form. strong performer in our finals series 18, 19, 20

wasn't a fan of Schultz before the trade at whatever the cost ..nearly fell off the chair with what we ultimately paid

but that's on our footy dept not him ..seems a cracking bloke and gives his all

still back him in to play in a GF before your lads!

Was always a mediocre talent/skill player, made up for it with effort/commitment.

Similar to the Mayne thing, your recruitment party refuses to watch Freo games I think.

We're sending over a few packets of oxygen absorbers with our pick so you can throw them into your clubs trophy cabinet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stay in your own lane we don't need your input here it's not appreciated.

Runner up leading goal kicker for Dockers in 2022 and 2023.
Two time Glendinning-Allen Medallist in 2022 and 2023.
You’re either full of crap or you’re saying that 99% of your entire team was less than mediocre during 2022 and 2023.

You’re either full of crap or you’re saying that 99% of your entire team was less than mediocre during 2022 and 2023.
It's Freo it's not like they have a team of winners. He is a b-grader tho I feel it's only going to get tougher for him tho as 3 quarters of our supporter base hate him and 3 quarters of the AFL community laugh at him every week.

Chris Mayne has revealed his first season at Collingwood was so tough he would often sit in his car crying before walking into the club for the day ahead.

After landing at the Holden Centre on a four-year deal worth reportedly $2 million, the 30-year-old played the first the first three games of 2017 before spending the rest of the year in the VFL.

By the end of that season, Collingwood explored the prospect of trading Mayne back to Fremantle before sticking with the utility.

Mayne worked his way back into Nathan Buckley’s team by Round 6 last year and played the remaining 21 games, including the Grand Final loss to West Coast where he laid 14 tackles.

Mayne admitted he struggled to cope with the difficult situation, which was made tougher by the fact he had only just joined the club and didn’t have long-term relationships to fall back on.“It was tough. There were times I would rock up at the club — I got there early which I like to do — and I found it very difficult to get out of the car,” Mayne told ABC Grandstand ahead of Thursday’s Anzac Day blockbuster at the MCG.

“I would break down calling my fiancé saying, ‘What do I do?’, and she was just saying, ‘Don’t show it, keep believing in yourself and the short-term pain will be long-term gain’.

“I hadn’t had time to build the relationships and be part of the club.

“For me it was tough but I had mum, dad, my wife and there were little connections at the club getting stronger and in the end it worked out pretty well.”

Mayne’s incredible resurgence was the talk of the town a fortnight ago ahead of his 200th game in Round 4.

PFFFFHAAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAAHhAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

You wasted A TOP 7 PICK on him AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:D :straining::straining::$;):cool::moustache::think::)

If I wanted to kill myself, I would climb to your stupidity and jump to your IQ.

Don’t be ashamed of who you are. That’s your parent’s job.

Not his fault we gave an arm and a leg and then some more for him but you simply can't excuse that.

Unless of course you are one of mine 5/6 favourite people on here who probably have that tackling "highlights'" puff piece from the Club on Shoota from earlier in the year on the loop.

WTF is a glendinning medal???? BOG against the worst side since Fitzroy??? Get real pal.

IF they play well they won't
Why would you want to come to Collingwood if the fans turn on you if you struggle for form. I remember we basically had Mayne in tears when he first arrived. Seems we are keen to try that again. Our whole team is playing ordinary footy in 2024. Not just the new guy. Stick fat with him & the whole team. we have had an injury year from hell & the side has never been settled. We will bounce back.

He’s not just out of form. He cannot play. He has no attributes other than in tight tackling. He doesn’t chase down, he doesn’t win ground balls, he isn’t a great kick, he cannot snap with any penetration, he is slow and has no athleticism in the air. What are his attributes?? The answer is NONE!! He is a dud!!! Move on and anyone who’s hanging on, needs to face reality!!

He’s our second leading goalkicker for the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Lachie Schultz

Remove this Banner Ad

Back