Player Watch Lachie Schultz

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not going to sink the boots in but he sure makes it hard to like and support him, when he puts in a stinker like that.

However, Lipinski imo was just as bad.

Early in the last quarter we had a beautiful passage of play and Lipinski bloody fumbles. Yet that appears to escape scrutiny.

Are you blaming them for thier emotiveness or them pointing out some uncomfortable facts?

Don't be a loser now Carl. Tch tch.

I reckon he meant blaming the umpires or the weather not performances.
No, he meant appointed blame, a bit embarrassing you trying to qualify it with he was talking the weather, thats laughable. Losers appoint blame and if that's what you do that's who you are.

I'm not going to sink the boots in but he sure makes it hard to like and support him, when he puts in a stinker like that.

Early in the last quarter we had a beautiful passage of play and Lipinski bloody fumbles. Yet that appears to escape scrutiny.

It's because he's beautiful.

The Schultz trade pissed me off no end. we rushed it
Yep - was against it as soon as the mention of F1 came about

Has ruined the 2023 off season and 2024 season for me

However, my fury is directed at those who signed off on this, not Schultz
(Actually, tbh, a lot of anger towards “it’s just a pick” / “virtually a second rounder”…but I digress)

Just poor, arrogant and flippant trading without regard for the future (whether that be drafting / trading whatever) - an inability to walk away when the cost got too high and an inability to see the 2024 landscape

This is part of the reason our depth is so thin

I hope Schultz becomes an integral part of our squad (we’re locked in for another 4 years any way)
But he was UFA at the end of 2024 and we still coughed up a F1

How? In goals kicked? How are you measuring this?
Because although his season wasn’t as good as last year , as far as creativity, clutch moments and influence on the game, Bobby had twice as good a year as Shultz, you can’t even compare the two.
Apart from goals kicked (6 more for Bobby), Schultz has shaded him in every other metric. Check the stats.
This is not a beat down on Bobby. I love him. But the carry on about how bad Schultz has been is not warranted.
Do we want him to be better. For sure. But must our team are significantly down on last season. There’s been a funk around our performances all season.
I don’t have the answers but I know using one player as a whipping boy isn’t it.

Last edited:
I blame shooter for everything weird in my life. It's because of him that I failed to excel in life. If only I had that first round pick in the sky rocket, then my life would have turned out differently
Poor Shoota. I hope he and his family aren't reading any social media this weekend. I can only imagine the nastiness on twitter, FB, etc, if some of the stuff written on here is any indication.

And supporters wonder why not all players want to play for a club with the most supporters & media scrutiny.

Edit : I see we have our very own troll PieBeast back from suspension. Perfect example.

Last edited:
Poor Shoota. I hope he and his family aren't reading any social media this weekend. I can only imagine the nastiness on twitter, FB, etc, if some of the stuff written on here is any indication.

And supporters wonder why not all players want to play for a club with the most supporters & media scrutiny.
And some of the putrid things remarked about AJ.

Schultz is an interesting character. On the field he looks sad, lm not sure if that his normal demeanour or he's feeling the pressure or he isn't enjoying himself out there.
It looks to me he's trying hard, but in an over the top way, and that's affecting his performance. He hopefully will get his shite together in 2025, after another pre season with the club.

Lipinski has been just as bad. Tbf they probably perform at a similar level but one cost a pick 7 and one cost a pick 50. So ones playing to expectations whilst the other is significantly underperforming

Lipinski has been just as bad. Tbf they probably perform at a similar level but one cost a pick 7 and one cost a pick 50. So ones playing to expectations whilst the other is significantly underperforming

I do agree and that was a similar argument I ran with Grundy. The only slight difference I guess is that Schultz didn't decide his value etc

Lippa has had a poor season. Started well, but diminished quickly. Maybe on the trade table. You'd think his name will be brought up in some conversations....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been one of his biggest defenders this year but it was a frustrating game for Schultz last night.

Did a few things poorly, but at the same time if he kicked 2.0 instead of 0.2 there'd be no negative talk about him on here.

Him missing easy goals has been a consistent theme of the year, not a 1 off.

People are upset because losing pick 6/7 is incredibly damaging for our future, and unfortunately Schultz is wearing that pain right now even though it's not directly his fault

Him missing easy goals has been a consistent theme of the year, not a 1 off.

People are upset because losing pick 6/7 is incredibly damaging for our future, and unfortunately Schultz is wearing that pain right now even though it's not directly his fault
Spot on. You’d think he’d negotiated his own trade according to a few on here.

The B grader you talk about has had a better year than Bobby Hill so all this criticism is over the top.

Yeah that didn't actually happen, despite Bobby having by his own admission a down year, especially with his goal kicking.

When we see Schultz start creating goals like the one Bobby did last night I might start thinking they're on the same level, until then it's not even close.

What we saw from Schultz last night was absolutely zero composure under even moderate pressure, and certainly no match-winning traits despite having had the opportunity to display them several times. I'm pretty sure Lachie himself knows this and is kicking himself a bit about it today, composure and finishing are both something he needs to improve on significantly in 2025.

One more goal in the same number of games over 100 less possessions, 21 less score involvements and 5 less goal assists

Chicken and egg argument. Do others get those possessions, score involvements, and goal assists if Schultz (and others) isn’t doing the grunt work?

Yeah that didn't actually happen, despite Bobby having by his own admission a down year, especially with his goal kicking.

When we see Schultz start creating goals like the one Bobby did last night I might start thinking they're on the same level, until then it's not even close.

What we saw from Schultz last night was absolutely zero composure under even moderate pressure, and certainly no match-winning traits despite having had the opportunity to display them several times. I'm pretty sure Lachie himself knows this and is kicking himself a bit about it today, composure and finishing are both something he needs to improve on significantly in 2025.
Lachie hasn’t had a great year but he’s no orphan there. It’s difficult to see more than two or 3 of our players that have equalled or bettered their levels of performance last season. The rest have been down.

Its a pity that he must be in agreeance with you when he shanked that 30m set shot that would have been the winning goal tonight!
Talent and skill are just so overrated aren't they ......

Yeah, it was only his shanked set shot that was the difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Lachie Schultz

Remove this Banner Ad

Back