Player Watch Lachie Schultz

Remove this Banner Ad

I just am not that interested in having a "good team" that makes 9th, like we did this year. i want to get back into top 4. To do that, we'll have to compete with teams like:

Lions
Swans,
GWS
Carlton
a rising Gold Coast
maybe Geelong.
Maybe bulldogs.

Look at the talent on those lists and then compare with ours -- it's just not going to be comparable in a year and a half.

Then battling for the 8, which is the bracket we're in:

Fremantle
Melbourne (who we are resembling a fair bit)
Port
Adelaide....

These are the teams we're more aligned with, talent-wise, now.

Reckon you’re doing the (completely normal) thing where we didn’t make finals and taking the view that our list is worse than it actually is

While at first I kinda baulked, Jeff Brown pretty much hit the nail on the head.

All the luck that we got in 2023, left us in 2024 and despite that, we only missed finals by percentage in a crazy season where only a few games separated 9th from 1st.

Short of another disaster of a year with injury, we’ll be back in the Top 4 next year. Don’t stress.

If we can nail this trade period, I’m happy to predict a flag for us in 2025

Reckon you’re doing the (completely normal) thing where we didn’t make finals and taking the view that our list is worse than it actually is

While at first I kinda baulked, Jeff Brown pretty much hit the nail on the head.

All the luck that we got in 2023, left us in 2024 and despite that, we only missed finals by percentage in a crazy season where only a few games separated 9th from 1st.

Short of another disaster of a year with injury, we’ll be back in the Top 4 next year. Don’t stress.

This...

Happy with Perryman so far. That's a good get.

Pick 11… now pick 13-14 by draft night at least.. if not more

Wins the Gavin brown award after a 24.21, 76 tackles season

Schultz is a very solid pick up for our 2024 first round pick

Mods close thread 🤣
If he kicked all the goals he should have, he walks away with the Gordon Coventry trophy too.

Which makes me wonder, at the Dees best and fairest do they award the goalkicking trophy based on expected goals or actual goals?

Think you've gone a tad early on this one.

Didn't poll in the BnF voting.
If only we’d kept it and drafted reef McInnes again. Why the Shultz haters automatically assume we’d draft a 200 gamer with the pick is beyond me.

1 year into a 5 year deal. For all you know he will kick 40 next season. So it’s ironic saying whiskey has gone “early” when Schultz has 4 years left of the deal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will only get better. Won the Gavin Brown award in his first year
Exactly. The Gavin Brown award is not a participation award. It is based on actual data on how a player places pressure on the opposition.

Schultz was elite this year for tackles and is a well deserved winner.

Those who continue to criticise him can go and get ******.

The only senior AFL players who didn't spend most of 2024 injured and missed the top 10 was Schultz Hoskin-Elliot and a heavily aging Howe.

So the coaches are saying he didn't play well in 2024, which is what a lot of people were criticized for saying.

For a 26 year old in his prime with no injury issues it's a bloody poor return, but obviously it's only 1 season and he gets a chance to bounce back next year.

Last edited:
The only senior AFL players who didn't spend most of 2024 injured and missed the top 10 was Schultz Hoskin-Elliot and a heavily aging Howe.

So the coaches are saying he didn't play well in 2024, which is what a lot of people were criticized for saying.

For a 26 year old in his prime with no injury issues it's a bloody poor return, but obviously it's only 1 season and he gets a chance to bounce back next year.
images.jpeg

Issac Quaynor (23) and John Noble (20) say Hi 👋👋

True, Quaynor had a terrible year and Noble was okay.

Doesn't change the point

Okay well of the top 10, 8 players played all 23 games, the two that didn't were Steele who played 22 and Pendles who played 20. Shoota played 20 games, the same as Pendles and, 2-3 less than rest of the top 10, and the games played matters when it comes to the Copeland count.

Noble missed 3, Schultz missed 3, WHE missed 3, Howe missed 4 & Beau missed 6, IQ missed none.

I don't see any of them in the top 10 either.

For all we know, Shoota finished 11th..

Coaches obviously think he provides the pressure they are after by awarding him the Gavin Brown Award. Top 6 in the AFL for inside 50 tackles is a big positive I would have thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Lachie Schultz

Remove this Banner Ad

Back