Traded Lachie Weller [traded to Gold Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Your just getting silly now.

He's never claimed homesickness, so now you are making stuff up again. He's going because GC have offered him 800k and for that I'd want to move as well

Hardly.

He has never claimed he is going for the money either.

He is wanting to go home though.

Any official documents regarding that 800k?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hardly.

He has never claimed he is going for the money either.

He is wanting to go home though.

Any official documents regarding that 800k?

Why do you persist with this idiocy? Just because your club screwed the pooch doesn't mean you get to try to paint other clubs in the same light.

1. He's never claimed homesickness
2. Home? His family is in Melbourne
3. His GF has some family in Queensland
4. He lived there for a few years only after spending most of his life in Tasmania, so 'home' is a stretch
5. Unlike GWS we have entered meaningful discussions with GC, where GWS refused to do similar with McCarthy. So go and deal with the disfunction in Western Sydney then go lecture other clubs 'how its done'

Why do you persist with this idiocy? Just because your club screwed the pooch doesn't mean you get to try to paint other clubs in the same light.

4. He lived there for a few years only after spending most of his life in Tasmania, so 'home' is a stretch
5. Unlike GWS we have entered meaningful discussions with GC, where GWS refused to do similar with McCarthy. So go and deal with the disfunction in Western Sydney then go lecture other clubs 'how its done'

Why bring up McCarthy? Has nothing to do with this.
Not a stretch at all.
You seem perplexed and judgemental.

So whats it about then? Money is about the same as freo deal yeah?

agree with you 100% in terms of trading pick #2 for a future club leader, however there is still that issue of players not wanting to actually be at the club! pick #2 you get a young 18 year old from melbourne who loses his first 25 games and leaves to go home. Gold coast dont have the luxury of waiting 12 months.
They can have pick 2 and Weller, or no pick 2 but an extra 12 months of Weller - I have to admit, it's a no-brainer IMO.

People saying GC should get rid of pick 2 is just horrendous. LDU, Rayner, etc most likely will be guns, and GC need inside mids like LDU, Rayner. GC don't need outside players compared to inside mids. Of course it's great that weller wants to come but it is more a loss for GC if they lose pick 2. Anyway GC can just get him next year

Why bring up McCarthy? Has nothing to do with this.
Not a stretch at all.
You seem perplexed and judgemental.

So whats it about then? Money is about the same as freo deal yeah?

Naah The only perplexing thing here are your nonsensical comments but hey feel free to look silly.

Tell you what, champ, when your stops pushing guys into sever mental health territory, feel free to lecture the rest of us. In the meantime, lol

To be fair, his GF could easily be ready to move back to GC, and he wants her to be happy too - sees his future with her.

I think we over complicate things a little, he could have got home, told the GF he's been offered 4 more years, she's said 'yeah, ok but I'm not staying away from my family that long' and they've decided that if that's where the situation is, he may as well leave now.

#loveconquersall

Naah The only perplexing thing here are your nonsensical comments but hey feel free to look silly.

Tell you what, champ, when your stops pushing guys into sever mental health territory, feel free to lecture the rest of us. In the meantime, lol
So you cant discus the trade.

Im sure other Freo fans can then.

If Freo can do 2018 2nd + 41 for Wilson ASAP (likely before Weller deal flared up) and if Freo can get 2 for Weller (big if, but Weller also brings off-field appeal), then what about late trades as follows:

5 to GWS for 11, 26 and 2018 2nd back. Would be same as 5 & 41 for 11, 26 and Wilson (Understand GWS would have done this earlier but Freo didn’t want to fall out of top 5) - Leaves Freo with 2,11,26 this year and gets back 2018 2nd

IF GWS did this would they then consider 5 + 2018 1st (Approx 15+) for 2? Effectively 2 for 11,26,2018 1st (15+) – They may if they specifically have a top 2 – Leaves Freo with 5,11,26 this year and an extra first next

If this happened then Freo would have killed it and effectively would have traded Weller for 11,26, 2018 1st (15+) & Wilson

Will know if dreams can come true in the next 24 hours

To be fair, his GF could easily be ready to move back to GC, and he wants her to be happy too - sees his future with her.

I think we over complicate things a little, he could have got home, told the GF he's been offered 4 more years, she's said 'yeah, ok but I'm not staying away from my family that long' and they've decided that if that's where the situation is, he may as well leave now.

#loveconquersall

I'm firmly of the opinion that's exactly what happened, that plus she saw the contract offer GC put in front of him ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#loveconquersall

Well thats what I posted some days back. I suspect its not just the offer from GC but also some pressure from the missus.

All fair enough in my view. If thats what is wanted, then Freo are doing the right thing in talking with GC to enable it. Certainly a better approach than refusing to discuss it at all.

But the club has made its position clear. Its now up to GC to say yes or no. GC getting Weller to come out with those comments was very poor though.

Being a bit harsh here on GC ....they still have 24 hours and they're a basket case if they don't try and get him for Matera & a 2nd rounder - which would be a real win (and they've been screwed over enough to want to be on the otherside).

Freo of course are playing poker, it's not just football here - Weller is massively more valuable to GC than Freo but unfortunately - Freo know it. Weller is a good news story and a lovely PR distraction to old baldy heading home.

Both clubs are acting in the interest of their club and it's good to see.

I thought Freo would fold for a slightly better than expected deal (to me that's Matera + 2nd round pick + something else)......in reality looks like we've gone full Dodoro on their arses. We're rebuilding and so losing Lachie and not getting back a 2nd rounder or two (Matera will still come IMHO) aint the end of the world - club thinks it's worth the gamble because 2 picks in the top 5 would fast track our build quite nicely.

Interesting 24 hours ahead ...still think it gets done.

If Freo can do 2018 2nd + 41 for Wilson ASAP (likely before Weller deal flared up) and if Freo can get 2 for Weller (big if, but Weller also brings off-field appeal), then what about late trades as follows:

5 to GWS for 11, 26 and 2018 2nd back. Would be same as 5 & 41 for 11, 26 and Wilson (Understand GWS would have done this earlier but Freo didn’t want to fall out of top 5) - Leaves Freo with 2,11,26 this year and gets back 2018 2nd

IF GWS did this would they then consider 5 + 2018 1st (Approx 15+) for 2? Effectively 2 for 11,26,2018 1st (15+) – They may if they specifically have a top 2 – Leaves Freo with 5,11,26 this year and an extra first next

If this happened then Freo would have killed it and effectively would have traded Weller for 11,26, 2018 1st (15+) & Wilson

Will know if dreams can come true in the next 24 hours

Weller for 11,26, 2018 1st (15+) & Wilson

That's the most ridiculous outcome I've ever seen proposed on Bigfooty.

Weller for 11,26, 2018 1st (15+) & Wilson

That's the most ridiculous outcome I've ever seen proposed on Bigfooty.

It's not every day a young, All-Australian, Club B&F winning, major multinational brand ambassador with Hollywood connections and a string of super model girlfriends nominates your club mate.

It's not every day a young, All-Australian, Club B&F winning, major multinational brand ambassador with Hollywood connections and a string of super model girlfriends nominates your club mate.

Freo are in a good spot I reckon.

But two firsts, a second and a player worth around 20 for Weller is the most onesided outcome I've seen proposed on this board in the last 10 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Lachie Weller [traded to Gold Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back