Laidley vs Carey tonight on Footy Classified

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: P!$$ off Waaaaayne

Bugger off. Wayne may think highly of himself but can anyone name one time he said something that wasnt right. He knows his football very well and is normally spot on the money. He is like Rob Walls in that he loves himself but atleast what he says is right

Saying Wells is our best recruit? Everyone would agree that's not the case.

Carey is an idiot.

He says nobody from the 96 premiership side talks to Dean anymore.

Laidley replies; two of them are coachs with me, I coached 6, and am still coaching two of them.

I think Carey summed it up beautifully " I haven't watched much of the Kangas..."

You sure haven't and it shows. STFU.

So Embers, clearly not.

footy conf. craig hutchenson you are a grub

watched footy confidential last night and loved it. no doubt 9 does anything football better than the rest. a few things i learnt from the show as follows:-
1. wayne carey is still an egotistical pig but i love his work in that he is forthright and honest in his assesments and will be great on this show.
2. the laidley v carey chat was great tv. laidley showed he is a class act.
3. caroline wilson never believes she is wrong and may have had an od of botox in the summer.
4. as the thread suggests hutchy is nothing but a grubby parasite. following cousins to the us as the guy tries to get his life back in order was tacky journalism at best.was good to see carey tell him what he thought of it.
all in all great show and will look forward to it every week now.

Saying Wells is our best recruit? Everyone would agree that's not the case.

So Embers, clearly not.

I mean what he says about football in general not his petty personal problems with Dean

Re: Laidley vs Carey tonight on Footy Confidential

There wouldn't be many North supporters that wouldn't take that right now, just for that last farewell that for his performances on the field deserved.

I'm one of them.

I actually think it is a tragedy that the champion player from a clubs golden era departed the scene in such a sordid fashion. You can debate the merits of his statement, but Carey just looks stupid and arrogant by trying to put a positive spin on such a low, selfish act. He was the bloody captain, for Gods sake. At least we can (and hopefully will) welcome Cousins back in the not too distant future and he can have the chance to redeem himself to the club..

Wayne Carey = Hubris.

that was some pretty intense sh*t last nite, i don't think it'll be too long before someone explodes on that show and goes absolutly mental, whether it be one of the panel or a coach i don't know but crikey it'll be funny

Re: footy conf. craig hutchenson you are a grub

Its a good idea for a show but they all talk at the same time and you cant understand anything any of them are saying, they need like a mediator or something, half the time it was just blabble coming from them trying to talk over the top of each other.

and also kudos to laidley, conducted him self very well, can't say the same of carey.

Anyone cap any of this? Would love to see Carey getting stuck into it, always loved his honesty and bluntness when giving his opinion.

All i saw was the animal pack mentality as they staked their claims for importance in the shows structure , the alpha male dominating the pack , the passive males , the dominant trophy female and the runt who thinks he's got half a chance of usurping the dominant male , you work out who's who.

Top marks to Laidley , it takes guts to face up to that lot on tv.

Carey should get stuck into her more. She is a f**kwit.
Botox, Cologen, whatever, she has had something done in addtition to the braces without question

It was a classic when Caro intimated that Carey would pull the old cliche of 'you're a female and you've never played the game so how would you know....blah blah.

Instead the king gave it ' no caro, your entitled to your opinion, its just not always right'

Its a good idea for a show but they all talk at the same time and you cant understand anything any of them are saying, they need like a mediator or something, half the time it was just blabble coming from them trying to talk over the top of each other.

and also kudos to laidley, conducted him self very well, can't say the same of carey.
i thought exactly the same when caro spoke over dean laidley. he was the guest and the one we all wanted to hear from.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely.

Before tonight I didn't think he was much chop, but he made some great points, told it like it was and made Carey look like a blustering douche by the end - especially when Duck was reduced to taking another petty potshot at Caro re her Whitnall obsession.

I didn't see it that way at all. I thought Carey was between a rock and a hard place and wasn't really in a forum where he could express his true views. There was an onus on him not to tear Laidley apart, as it just would have been seen as him trying to destroy the club.

Laidley lacks charisma, intelligence and an ability to express himself properly without coming across as a punch drunk fighter. I fully agree with Carey, that a club like the Kangas needs a figurehead to promote the club and get it the attention it needs to thrive. Laidley is not that man and I would suggest that if a marketing consultancy took a look at Laidley as a product, he would be recalled immediately.

I admire Laidley's toughness and resilience, but his petulance, body language and behaviour are not suited to the role he is in. He was put there because the club couldn't find anyone else willing to coach for that amount of money and you know the old saying 'You pay peanuts.....'.

That's my opinion anyway.

4. as the thread suggests hutchy is nothing but a grubby parasite. following cousins to the us as the guy tries to get his life back in order was tacky journalism at best.

Dont be so naive :(
Ya reckon he just invited himself :confused:

No doubt money has been exchanged and Hutchy is getting the exclusives for Channel Ed.
Lets face it - everyone wants to know whats going on - The Eagles want you to know they are looking after their player, the AFL wants you to know they are "addressing" the drugs issue and the public want to know what Cousins is going thru.
Someone wouldve decided that transperancy is the only solution coz its failed trying to deal with it inhouse.

Bugger off. Wayne may think highly of himself but can anyone name one time he said something that wasnt right. He knows his football very well and is normally spot on the money. He is like Rob Walls in that he loves himself but atleast what he says is right

The Wells line - not only was it massively insulting to suggest that we should thank him for shagging Stevo's missus, he was wrong in claiming it was Wells.

Thompson easily, and by season's end it may well be McIntosh, who was excellent on the weekend.

Dont be so naive :(
Ya reckon he just invited himself :confused:

No doubt money has been exchanged and Hutchy is getting the exclusives for Channel Ed.
Lets face it - everyone wants to know whats going on - The Eagles want you to know they are looking after their player, the AFL wants you to know they are "addressing" the drugs issue and the public want to know what Cousins is going thru.
Someone wouldve decided that transperancy is the only solution coz its failed trying to deal with it inhouse.
actually never thought of it that way, but he is still a grub.

I like the show, it was up front, in your face and I liked the fact that the presenters were arguing in front of each other. It definetly didnt have that cosy feel compared to shows like : Talking Footy and On the Couch.

also loved the beat the press segment. the journos love to give it the coaches for not being able to handle critiscism, but dont they get precious when it is heaped back on them.

Controversial? In your face? REAL ISSUES!!?? Puh-lease..

Its utter crap, just media personalities pumping up they're own tires and defending their own stories. Any chance they are actually going to talk about football here and there? Turned off after carey-laidley so maybe it got better, I wasn't sticking around to find out.

I turned it off after that as well, rubbish of a show, it was worse than "Talking Footy". :thumbsdown:

Carey at least played in the game! What have those journalists done? I think everyone agrees that to understand the game you have to play it, and Caro will never understand it becasue she hasnt played the game before.
Like playing the game is the most important atribute needed when talking about the game?
You don't need to be understood, say something intelligent or make sense at all.

I fully agree with Carey, that a club like the Kangas needs a figurehead to promote the club and get it the attention it needs to thrive. Laidley is not that man and I would suggest that if a marketing consultancy took a look at Laidley as a product, he would be recalled immediately.

I admire Laidley's toughness and resilience, but his petulance, body language and behaviour are not suited to the role he is in. He was put there because the club couldn't find anyone else willing to coach for that amount of money and you know the old saying 'You pay peanuts.....'.

That's my opinion anyway.

I agree!! The point Carey was trying to get accross was a good one...he just had a poor way of going about it.

Caro looks like the grim reaper...geez she is disgusting..needs a month of Sunday's worth of beauty sleep:eek:

I found it comical that the journo's, when put on the spot by MM & MT couldn't admit they phu.ck up frequently. Eight-Chin-son consisntently reports falsely and isn't accountable for his actions. I hate him with a passion...wouldn't mind hearing him report how he was beaten to a pulp by B.Hall:thumbsu:

I kinda liked the show. Needs a bit of work to get the balance right beween issues of the day and discussion of the footy that was actually played on the weekend but at least it never turned into the love-in that talking Footy became.

As for the individuals on the show, there is clearly no threat of them all agreeing but I make the following observations;
- Gary Lyon Can tend to sit on the fence but I like him as a host
- Hutchy They're promoting this bloke as the gun when it comes to breaking stories. There's a danger in that because it puts pressure on him to come up with a story when perhaps the story doesn't really exist. I think he comes across as a bit of a snake oil salesman. He's going to cop plenty before the season is out judging by the way Carey went at him last night.
- Caro Can't stand her but it makes sense to have her on the panel because she's so opinionated. Looks a bit like an easter Island statue but I can get past that. The biggest problem is that she is never ever wrong and concedes nothing when it's obvious she's been exposed. On the other hand, this is going to make for some interesting arguments throughout the year...particularly with Carey
- Carey He might settle down but I doubt it. He makes a lot of sense most of the time but just doesn't shut up. I thought last night he simply tried way too hard to justify his position on the Laidley situation and ended up coming across as a bit of a tool. His comment on how North ended up with Wells because he had left the club was irrelevant and downright bizarre.

On Laidley's appearance, did anyone watching this feel like the panel were all talking about Laidley as if he wasn't there? His personality is not strong enough and in trying to look measured and relaxed about the whole deal, he looked more like a coach you knew he was on borrowed time. Really lacks presence and charisma. He now tries to be far more media friendly than he has been perceived by the footy industry in the past but it just isn't convincing. Hats off to him for coming on the show but I thought he was swamped last night by all the strong personalities.

Remove this Banner Ad

Laidley vs Carey tonight on Footy Classified

Remove this Banner Ad

Back