Lake - where to now?

Remove this Banner Ad

We'd happily take him at Carlton. He'd make a good training partner for Jamison and I reckon our young lads would learn a bit from his senile tales of the old days, even if it'd be in amongst paranoid ramblings about Rocket.

He's still pretty sturdy - he'd double as a second bench on game day, too. :thumbsu:

Seriously though, when on he's a gun. Struggling at the moment, more so than most but he'll get over it. He's 29 and with the Doggies struggling, becomes an enticing prospect for opposition clubs aiming for a flag.

Shit yeah :thumbsu: Don't know if Ratts and co would trade for him though. I seem to recall something about "100 games for Carlton" as a requirement. Not sure if I read that here or in the papers.

i dont want to get rid of him, i think we should keep playing him so if he doesnt want to play well and work hard then the consequence can be his reputation getting tarnished.

I think his reputation is already tarnished, he is labelled as a joke by some of your own. His attitude is disgraceful.

If you believe your window is still open with this group, good luck.

Otherwise get rid of the apple and look to the future.

he has got to be the most lazy and dis-interested player in the afl at the moment, outside of the odd troy taylor type. hes not soft as butter, that would be an insult to the butter. needs to do 10 times more than he is to justify the pay packet he demanded a couple years ago. GWS might just have their first high profile signing, i dont know if the dogs would mind letting him go right now.

I'm happy to concede that Brian Lake was superior to Matthew Scarlett last season; definitely deserved his AA jumper and has played some very good football at the Bulldogs.
Which only makes his rapid decline all the more baffling - he was crap today, got a few cheap goals but honest Dog fans would have no problem acknowledging that there is something amiss with him.
Seems to have a touch of the Taylor Walkers about him :eek:

Scarlett, on the other hand, was magnificent, when he missed a target in the third quarter I was shocked :eek: He has been in vintage form this season after performing below his own ridiculously high standards last year.
I reckon he has been amongst our best every single week in 2011. :thumbsu:

Brian 'West' Lake is easily the most hated figure at the dogs since terry wallet. His goals late today saw no congratulations or acknowledgement from his team-mates.

He's a talent in a toxic environment with no motivation to improve. He should put himself up for trade.

Brian 'West' Lake is easily the most hated figure at the dogs since terry wallet. His goals late today saw no congratulations or acknowledgement from his team-mates.

He's a talent in a toxic environment with no motivation to improve. He should put himself up for trade.

Or we were 12 goals behind. What did you want? High fives and aeroplane celebrations?

I'm curious about the West reference? Are you stipulating that West was a cancer too? Because there sure wasn't anything proven aside from West was a consistent gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But not long enough to remember Lake's original surname? The one he was recruited and played his early career under?

Not long at all, I guess. :confused:

You mean Harris?

Brian Harris.

can someone enlighten me on what bridges Lake has burnt ?

Is being sued by Nathan Eagleton after a failed business venture between Cooney/Lake/Eagle.

Other rumoured incidents too.

Or we were 12 goals behind. What did you want? High fives and aeroplane celebrations?

I'm curious about the West reference? Are you stipulating that West was a cancer too? Because there sure wasn't anything proven aside from West was a consistent gun.

No. The point is that Giansiracusa kicked one or 2 after Lake's and many of his team-mates ran up to him to at least say 'well done, Gia'. None did this to West Lake.

Again with the West lake?

What are you implying?

How's Nostrils Franklin and Goey Hodge going?

I've been quite shocked how he could go from AA to barely getting a game so quickly.

Is his body not holding up or is the problem upstairs?
Alternatively if he announces at the end of the year that he's moving to GWS we will have our explanation.

In any case I'm sure other clubs will be interested in Lake if the Dogs want to offload him. If a bloke like Matt McGuire can get picked up you'd think Lake would have no problems even though he's getting on in years.

Again with the West lake?

What are you implying?

How's Nostrils Franklin and Goey Hodge going?

Now who's buying into rumors?

Incidentally, both the players you mentioned are doing great and are almost certain to play finals this year. Can't say the same for your boys.

Now who's buying into rumors?

I'm just making a point.

If he wants to use silly innuendo to denigrate a player on the main board, then surely I'm allowed to?

Otherwise, bay 13 is that way>>>

But not long enough to remember Lake's original surname? The one he was recruited and played his early career under?

Not long at all, I guess. :confused:

Hilarious!!! It was Brian Harris!! How long have you been an AFL follower to forget that West was the champion Scott West??

Sadly Lake isn't the only one looking disinterested. What bothers me most is that for the rest of us in our jobs, if we don't perform at all or seem disinterested, then I assume most would be demoted or even fired! Why should this organisation put up with any different?? Make the boys earn their spots for gods sake!! I would much rather see some young kids running around because at least all Dogs fans would know they were trying!! And right now I doubt we would do any worth with a team of young first year players

he has got to be the most lazy and dis-interested player in the afl at the moment, outside of the odd troy taylor type. hes not soft as butter, that would be an insult to the butter. needs to do 10 times more than he is to justify the pay packet he demanded a couple years ago. GWS might just have their first high profile signing, i dont know if the dogs would mind letting him go right now.

Patrick Ryder board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lake - where to now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back