Scandal Lance Collard facing lengthy suspenion for homophobic slurs

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure, I never saw bogans as only being white. Many aboriginal people (most in the cities have a lot of white blood anyway) could be what society labels a bogan.

I would be extremely cautious saying to many Aboriginal people that you have 'white blood'. The words, part Aboriginal, white blood, or the question what percentage Aboriginal are you? can be highly offensive to many Aboriginals. You may want to consider some fairly significant historical events that caused the 'changing of skin colour' in many Aboriginals and the trauma that is associated with that.

Not that the discussion on bogans is really relevant -

Bogan is a very broad socio-class indicator used to identify the Aussie equivalent of ‘poor white trash’.

These are people that may have had/have opportunity but make ‘bad’ decisions socially and monetarily - leaving them open to ridicule. There is an implication they could do better.

The poor Indigenous peoples would be better labelled as ‘the dis-enfranchised’ - they have been denied opportunity on the basis of race, colour, socio-economic standing, education and blind prejudice for over two centuries. Their standing is not immediately down to money and choice.
Is there? I mean, I think most come from more 'working class' backgrounds, or there's that implication.

I would be extremely cautious saying to many Aboriginal people that you have 'white blood'. The words, part Aboriginal, white blood, or the question what percentage Aboriginal are you? can be highly offensive to many Aboriginals. You may want to consider some fairly significant historical events that caused the 'changing of skin colour' in many Aboriginals and the trauma that is associated with that.
No I don't go around discussing that with aboriginal people, but I think it's just an understood fact.

Is there? I mean, I think most come from more 'working class' backgrounds, or there's that implication.
I get your point - and yes, it would be rare - but there’s a ‘genre’ of Bogi (is that a word?) , the Poms call Chavs.

These are well-to-do people from ‘less elite’ occupations’ - who buy upmarket housing in ‘new developments’, have all the ‘trappings’ of the rich…but live in shitsville, Port Kembla.

More importantly - they’re socially ‘untrained’….dogs barking all night, crapping on the footpath, mowing the lawn at 8 on a Sunday, jet skiing in swimming zones, BBQ by the neighbours fence - enjoying their money at everyone else’s expense.

The Donahues from Sylvania Waters are the archetypal example….or the Fokkers.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'Fox Footy’s Jon Ralph - who first reported the indiscretion - reported for the Herald Sun that the allegations involve multiple f-word slurs and multiple victims.'

It seems he was running around randomly calling players the 'f-word'.
Bizarre behaviour.
What set him off?
Children often repeat one word over and over. Can be funny, like the time a skippers 4 year old kept repeating **** to all at the cricket club. Not so funny in this instance.

Six weeks apparently, for using the word as many as 10 times directed at two or three different players. What a clown, you would have to be particularly dim to do that given the publicity the issue has attracted this season already.
It's almost like he was hoping to be suspended. Pretty sure he isn't enjoying life at StKilda/Victoria and is keen to get home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scandal Lance Collard facing lengthy suspenion for homophobic slurs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back