Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Feb 14, 2002
South-West Gippsland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lexton, Northcote Park
Personally, I think the man will trip between the peaks of mountains throughout the rest of his career. The sky is the limit. His natural ability, combined with his application to the job make him a potential Brownlow Medallist, as well as a potential 100 goal a-year player.

Can anybody conceive of any impediment which might interfere with this bloke achieving what seems to be his natural right of a long and successful career in the AFL?

I find it very thrilling to see a new generation of superstars coming through the ranks, especially given the number of retirements by legends this season. The game is in good hands while we have people of Franklin's ilk in the wings, waiting to fill the voids created by those retirements. I'm tipping his achievements will put those of Voss, Archer, Buckley, Koutifidis, Hird et al into perspective.

Personally, I think the man will trip between the peaks of mountains throughout the rest of his career. The sky is the limit. His natural ability, combined with his application to the job make him a potential Brownlow Medallist, as well as a potential 100 goal a-year player.

Can anybody conceive of any impediment which might interfere with this bloke achieving what seems to be his natural right of a long and successful career in the AFL?

I find it very thrilling to see a new generation of superstars coming through the ranks, especially given the number of retirements by legends this season. The game is in good hands while we have people of Franklin's ilk in the wings, waiting to fill the voids created by those retirements. I'm tipping his achievements will put those of Voss, Archer, Buckley, Koutifidis, Hird et al into perspective.

wouldnt be setting him,and the hawks supporters, up for a fall by any chance mate?

Mate you make it out to be as if these Champions you just named didn't do that much. :rolleyes:
They are icons of the game and will always be remembered by most and defiantly by me.:thumbsu:

Kouta doesnt come close to ranking amongst them.

Mate Kouta (pre 2002) 'owned' all of them. That's why they ALL showed up to his Testimonial to pay hommage.:rolleyes:

Mate Kouta (pre 2002) 'owned' all of them. That's why they ALL showed up to his Testimonial to pay hommage.:rolleyes:

Probably only really played 1 or 2 really high quality seasons, whilst the others such as Hird, Voss, Buckley etc maintained the form for 90% of their career. Thats the difference between Koutoufides and the others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wouldnt be setting him,and the hawks supporters, up for a fall by any chance mate?

It may well seem that way, but I actually love the way the bloke plays, regardless of any pecadilloes he may display. I became a convert to his cause when I saw him play a pre-season game at Waverley earlier this year. He is capable of doing things which others only encounter in fantasies.

Mate you make it out to be as if these Champions you just named didn't do that much. :rolleyes:
They are icons of the game and will always be remembered by most and defiantly by me.:thumbsu:

I'm making out no such thing. If you were to read what I wrote, you'd find I said Franklin's achievements would put those of the others in perspective. There is no judgement inherent in that which might indicate whom I think that perspective may favour.

I have a feeling this was the whole reason for starting this thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lance Franklin's Future in the Game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back