Lance Whitnall trade for Polak: Stroke of Genius!

Remove this Banner Ad

SweedishMeatball

Debutant
Oct 7, 2004
Other Teams
Essendon
Lets face it, Whitnall is going no where at Carlton and with a change of scenery i beleive he can be the dominator at the Dockers that he has always threatened to be at Carlton.

Polak is also going nowhere at Freo and he would be good for Carltons backline which needs a key position backman, also a real coach in Denis Pagan would straighten him out to.

Debate

It wont happen. Polak is a loose cannon. We already have too many of them at Carlton and Whitnall is proven performer. Polak has done ******** all. Wouldn't be a fair swap.

Polak would flourish under Pagan and Carlton need a key position backman, trade Whitnall while he still has some value. I rate Big Red but you guys need a good backman more than a good forward

I'd take Polak at Collingwood but I wouldn't take Whitnal unless he came for free and played for peanuts. Freo wouldn't dream of doing this trade.

MarkT said:
I'd take Polak at Collingwood but I wouldn't take Whitnal unless he came for free and played for peanuts. Freo wouldn't dream of doing this trade.

4 tonnes of peanuts a day and 3 tonnes of bamboo shoots...

not worth it mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MarkT said:
No idea what that has do with anything.
ok i will type it slowly for you ...you say you wouldn't want whitnall at Collywobble land unless it was for free. and yet you are happy to have 3 dud clokes there ...pretty simple really , but probably stilll a bit complicated for a Pies supporter

Thrawn, missing from Collingwood's forward line this week:

Rocca, Tarrant, Fraser, Didak, T.Cloke, C.Cloke, Rusling. The only player likely to be a first choice forward next year who is available is Caracella and even that is debatable with a full list. Next year Buckley and Burns may well play substantial game time up forward.

Of the injured, Tarrant has barely been fit and Rocca and Fraser have barely played. T. Cloke is still in high school and C. Cloke has had to ruck. We need to develop Rusling. He is quick, he can lead mark and kick and he seems pretty smart. The last thing Collingwood need is another forward. We need a lot but we don't under any circumstances need to spend anything worthwhile on Whitnal. A ruckman and midfielders is what we have to concentrate on.

MarkT said:
Thrawn, missing from Collingwood's forward line this week:

T. Cloke is still in high school and C. Cloke has had to ruck. .

That would make Travis about 27 years of age right?

No chance. We already have a centre half forward which is Big Reds best position and Whitnall is too slow for a large ground like Subiaco. A pre-season in Perth would help keep the weight off though.

Kooley- you say that Polak is a loose cannon. He had a couple of beers when he was getting over the flu. Wasn't drunk and didn't misbehave. Certainly not a major indiscretion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lance Whitnall trade for Polak: Stroke of Genius!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back