Official Team Thread Las Vegas Bears Season 23 Official Team Thread: Congratulations Dingster S23 Best & Fairest Winner

Remove this Banner Ad

(AngryRanga with the awesome Round 7 writeup!)

Round 7 v Wonders

We met with the Wonders in Round 7, thankfully on their turf due to our flawless away record. The thread was slow and steady during the week, with Matera’s discovery of Vanilla Pepsi providing much needed entertainment. MKMatty passive aggressive fight #8 occurred. Finally the thread sparked on the weekend, with the Bears list uniting to banter the Wonders into next year.

Las Vegas leadership swung the hammer at the petulant OES/Melter who lost his ruck spot. Avatarp stepped into the midfield and the Noid into centre half forward.

Coach Walken displayed his anger at the captains fresh teamsheet within seconds, in favour of his rumoured biological son Gee Dub.

1 : 0 {C} - Neither ruckman can take advantage of the bounce.
1 : .1 {rW} - NickCC has a paddock.
1 : .14 - <<< Gee Dub is coming on to replace Avatarp >>>

We kicked 3 early goals before the Wonders took over, but they struggled with accuracy. Melter began sending cryptic messages about his next club, with this handball peaking the interests of Swamprats management.

2 : 4.03 {lHFF} - Melter takes off.
2 : 4.07 {rHFF} - An underground handpass to avishka5.
2 : 4.13 {rHFF} - avishka5 bombs it into the forward line.
2 : 4.15 {rHFF} - It's a goal to avishka5.

2 : 20.36 {lW} - Matera92 dummy's the handpass and then takes a bounce.
2 : 20.4 {lW} - That's a massive kick from Matera92.
2 : 20.44 {lW} - It's an ugly kick but its a goal.

We exploded during the second quarter and entered the break with a 36 point lead. During the interval the lads started gearing up for a night on the town, resulting in a Wonders surge of 31 straight points. The boys steadied as the word miraculous was devalued describing this Doctor Gero goal.

3 : 17.2 {FF} - Doctor Gero presents.
3 : 17.24 {FF} - Anybody's ball.
3 : 17.28 {FF} - Doctor Gero is now off and running.
3 : 17.32 - <<< Jack Bradley is coming on to replace matt_bas >>>
3 : 17.4 {FF} - Doctor Gero with all the time in the world.
3 : 17.45 {FF} - He has a bounce.
3 : 17.49 {FF} - This for the opportunity of a lifetime.
3 : 17.53 {FF} - Miraculous goal to Doctor Gero.

The Wonders locked the game at 86 a piece early in the 4th, but their tough guy façade wore off as the Bears rookies hit them hard.

4 : 4.54 {rFP} - Jack Bradley does some crumbing and is away.
4 : 4.58 {rFP} - Jack Bradley ignores a lead to have a shot.
4 : 5.02 {rFP} - And he doesn't disappoint us.

4 : 10.11 {rHFF} - Draws a man and then with hands to avishka5.
4 : 10.15 {rHFF} - Don't tell me he's kicked it... DON'T TELL ME....
4 : 10.19 {rHFF} - And a little dance from avishka5 as the ball sails through.

We opened up a comfortable lead, and despite the best efforts of the umpires to slow us down, we won by 15 points.

4 : 20.44 {FB} - A long looping handpass to reggie.
4 : 20.48 {FB} - reggie dummy's the handpass and then takes a bounce.
4 : 20.54 {FB} - The umpire pays a soft free kick in favour of PVF.

Avishka5 had a career game with 26 disposals, 12 marks, 5 goals and 135 DT points. Doctor Gero kicked 5 whilst kane249 gathered 22 touches alongside 17 hitouts. Our flawless away record, and shithouse home ground curse continued.

5 avishkla5
4 kane249
3 Matera92
2 Doctor Gero
1 SpaceClef

Two way street campaigner. Where's the invite to yours :(

See my above post. Somehow I missed you guys when I was doing invites.

1000 apologies.

Would have been here sooner if I was invited* ;).

(That said I don't think I invited you to ours which is currently running...)
Have a premium Vegas beer with complimentary hooker as a token of our appreciation for popping in.

R8 Mount Buller Demons v Las Vegas Bears at Snow Dome (Thanks Dingster)

Two teams were fighting for a top four possie and this was a cracking match thread with 26 players posting ten times or more with Ava and myself (Ding) cracking 100. #spammers.

The Demons were in crisis off the field and current Bear RU_ was in the thick of things with some of his fellow Demons enjoying some banter.....but there was no coup....apparently.

Our rookies showed they're just as dangerous off the field with Ava arranging a hook up with tim_saints and OFFtheBALL for some fun times. Ava requesting....Can I be initiated with you after our win...can I can I
clip_image001.gif

I'm still picking ranga pubes out of my teeth after my first game. Them Vegas carpet munchers are to die for.

Angry made an observation on ex Bear DJ's leadership skills - Weren't you a co-captain or something when I got recruited? You can't have been that good.

OES/Melter and Matera continued their in thread bickering. Who are they kidding. We all know it's about the make up sex. Which segways to Gero excited about the potential to "play with HaroLad."

This was the week WiseGuySam did his very well done trade roulette. We were to get Demon cats2rise with OES/Melter traded out of Vegas. Some good lols were had.

Oh and the pineapple on pizzas debate got more air time with both sides weighing in. Just no!

The Demons named their side and were clearly in disarray making 13 changes! OFFtheBall and tim_saints were named for their debuts for the Bears. Ranga questioned dropping Jezmiester40. Quite right Ranga! For karma Matera forgot to include the word "sheet" when naming the team which caused a controversy throughout the league and we copped a 4 points penalty.

Matera made a touching banner for Melter....
Melter it's your final game. Your time with us is done.
Now get your ass out of Las Vegas, before I get my gun.
OES

Game time and both teams had their kicking boots on kicking a combined eight straight with the Bears kicking five. At one stage it was fourteen straight before Matera kicked a behind. The goal fest continued with the Bears leading 13.2.80 to 10.0.60 at half time. The straight kicking continued with the Bears maintaining our advantage 18.4.112 to 15.0.90 at three quarter time.

It was getting too much for Melter - Cracking game this for my final as a bear. I'm pretty emotional to be honest.

The Demons through everything at us in the final quarter, but sent Melter off with a smile (literally if you saw our post match present) with hard fought 21.5.131 to 20.4.124 victory. Eleven goal kickers for the winning Bears with Gero kicking 4 and Ding and tim_saints kicking three. The midfield leaders had big games with Matera, Ding, Kane, Spacey and RookiePick dominant.

5 Dingster
4 Matera92
3 Noidenous
2 RookiePick
1 SpaceClef

Would have been here sooner if I was invited* ;).

(That said I don't think I invited you to ours which is currently running...)
Kudos for being in 2 places at once. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome back!

Before we move on, I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate Doctor Gero on leading the clubs goal kicking in his first season as Full Forward. Highlighted by an equal highest bag of 10! Gero finished the season as the second highest goal kicker in the SFA.

Rank G AVG
2: 63 3.7 (LVB) DOCTOR GERO

Well done on capping off all our hard work mate!

View attachment 390648
Leading Goalkicker celebrations have begun in earnest.
It's a long night so for now I'll only have 1 drink...

giphy.gif

Grabbing the mic while it's abandoned and I'm brimming with Confidence™.

“FaaaarrRkkKkkkKKEEennn good YEAR!!” - 2017 LVB BnF vote-getting prospect JoshWoodenSpoon.

((Apologies for the delay, the hospital Wifi cut me off, I'd exceeded my daily limit of all things. :oops: I will attempt to finish this now I'm home!))

So, before we move on to the next few rounds, a quick recap of the leader board.
Some idiots keep giving that Matera92 clown votes which has resulted in him taking an undeserved lead! avishka5 was the big mover however, and poor kane249 finally got on the board.

Season 23 Best and Fairest Leader Board Round 8

Matera92 - 17

avishka5 – 13

SpaceClef – 13

RookiePick - 12

Doctor Gero – 10

Noidenous – 9

Dingster – 9

Melter – 8

Jack Bradley - 6

AngryRanga – 6

kane249 - 4

KO_KO - 4

Jay –Z - 3

matt_bas – 1

My vice president of Awesometivity provided the following, along with tonight’s ‘entertainment’. Thanks kane249

Round 9 vs the Sin City Swamprats at the SITS

A grudge match up against our rivals who seem to continually copy us

Quarter 1:
An arm wrestle early with both sides backlines repelling attacks, it took 7 minutes before the Swamprats were able to kick the opening goal of the game through Milky95. From there both sides traded goals before OffTheBall gave us the lead heading into the first change.

Quarter 2:
Theree quick goals to the Rats saw them race out to a lead, before late goals to tim_saints and OffTheBall saw the Bears draw level at the half.

Quarter 3:
They call the third quarter the premiership quarter and they showed why. Despite the best efforts of the Bears to keep in touch the Rats opened up a 20 point lead heading into the final quarter.

Quarter 4:
Any chance of a Bears fightback were quickly extinguished with some early Rats goals. The Bears spirit was broken and the Rats unfortunately ran out with an easy win.

Votes:
5 tim_saints
4 KO_KO
3 JoshWoodenSpoon
2 AngryRanga
1 SpaceClef

*Edit for vote double up:p (**** off campaigners, I'm tired)

Last edited:
((Apologies for the delay, the hospital Wifi cut me off, I'd exceeded my daily limit of all things. :oops: I will attempt to finish this now I'm home!))

So, before we move on to the next few rounds, a quick recap of the leader board.
Some idiots keep giving that Matera92 clown votes which has resulted in him taking an undeserved lead! avishka5 was the big mover however, and poor kane249 finally got on the board.

Season 23 Best and Fairest Leader Board Round 8

Matera92 - 17

avishka5 – 13

SpaceClef – 13

RookiePick - 12

Doctor Gero – 10

Noidenous – 9

Dingster – 9

Melter – 8

Jack Bradley - 6

AngryRanga – 6

kane249 - 4

KO_KO - 4

Jay –Z - 3

matt_bas – 1
giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Team Thread Las Vegas Bears Season 23 Official Team Thread: Congratulations Dingster S23 Best & Fairest Winner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back