Official Team Thread Las Vegas Bears Season 23 Official Team Thread: Congratulations Dingster S23 Best & Fairest Winner

Remove this Banner Ad

An inexplicable error on behalf of ALL THE LEADERSHIP GROUP saw Doctor Gero benched for mouthing off at someone, somewhere, somehow.
Nearly copped the same penalty for mouthing off at the same someone, in the same place, in the same manner the following weekend.
Probably will do again too :rainbow: :p

Round 17:

The last round of the season and we had the eventual premiership winners. The Bombers, coached and trained by none other than HaroLad. Oh boy. The Bombers opened the score after RU_ was caught holding the ball and Itsmyshow missed, but the Bears opened the game up after that and kicked 5 straight in 13 minutes. It was then 8 straight by the 19th minute and the Bears lead by 49 points. The Bombers kicked 2 majors in the final minute and the Bears took a 50-16 lead into the first break. The second quarter was the IMS show as he kicked the next two for the Bombers before the Bears steadied and really started to run the game their way, kicking out to a 58 point lead by the 19th minute. At half time the lead had been extended to 71 points. The game was well and truly over! The third quarter was much of the same and the Bears were up by 91 points at the final break. The last quarter didn’t have much apart from an extra two points to the Bears who ran out winners: 73-166.

Votes
5 kane249
4 tim_saints
3 Matera92
2 matt_bas
1 Avatarp

Which means...

Which means...
giphy.gif

Season 23 Best and Fairest Leader Board Final

Dingster – 26

Matera92 - 25

Doctor Gero – 23

tim_saints – 21

SpaceClef – 17

kane249 - 13

JoshWoodenSpoon - 13

avishka5 – 13

Noidenous – 13

KO_KO - 13

RookiePick - 12

Jack Bradley - 10

AngryRanga – 8

Melter – 8

Jay –Z - 6

reggie - 5

GeeDub - 4

matt_bas – 4

OFFtheBALL - 1

Jezmiester40 - 1

Congratulations Dingster on winning the Season 23 Las Vegas Bears Best and Fairest. A ripping finish to a tight contest, and a most deserved winner. I think we can all acknowledge the fine work, both on and off the QOOTY field he's done not just this season, but since coming on board at the Bears.

Well done you stud.

Season 23 MEdal.jpg

Well, that pretty much raps things up from me. A huge thanks to the Leadership Group for the writeups. Congratulations to all the winners tonight, you've all worked hard to make Vegas the great club that it is.

On a final note, I would like to thank EVERYONE on the list who contributed this season. We've built a fantastic, drama free culture here at the Bears and its truly the best club in the SFA. I look forward to doing it all again in Season 24, hopefully going just that one step further and snagging ourselves some more silverware.

Matera92, passing out!

chilled bear.jpg

Last edited:
Well, that pretty much raps things up from me. A huge thanks to the Leadership Group for the writeups. Congratulations to all the winners tonight, you've all worked hard to make Vegas the great club that it is.
Matera92, passing out!
Well put together everyone.
Its 10:13 am here on the strip...might go and find a Chipmunk.

The Las Vegas Bears Player of the Finals (Also known as the Jezmiester40 )

What, you didn't think I'd let you know the final tally just yet did you?

Second Qualifying Final

Dragons FFC 4.1 5.4 9.8 11.10 (76)
Las Vegas Bears 2.2 4.6 5.7 10.11 (71)

Goals - Dragons FFC: Blaze Storm, WFL, iBeng 2; Hatchy1992, Knifey Spoony, VSTone, roo2macca, Ljp86
Las Vegas Bears: OFFtheBALL, Doctor Gero 2; Jay-Z, SpaceClef, tim_saints, Matera92, reggie, matt_bas

Best - Dragons FFC: WFL, VSTone, Knifey Spoony, Dujon11, Scorpus, roo2macca
Las Vegas Bears: Avatarp, tim_saints, Matera92, OFFtheBALL, SpaceClef, RU_

At Dragon Island.

The Grand final rematch didn't go exactly to plan, with the Bears going down in a thriller. It was the rookies who stood up, with Ava and tim sharing best afield honours while OFFtheBALL and RU_ did their best to keep us in it.

Second Semi Final

Las Vegas Bears 4.3 8.8 12.11 17.13 (115)
East Side Hawks 3.4 8.5 12.6 15.9 (99)

Goals - Las Vegas Bears: Doctor Gero 7; RookiePick, Jay-Z, Dingster 2; OFFtheBALL, tim_saints, Noidenous, reggie
East Side Hawks: larrikin, boncer34 3; Biggie, brahj, Elton Johns Wig 2; croweater 41, The Filth Wizard, GN80

Best - Las Vegas Bears: Doctor Gero, tim_saints, Dingster, RookiePick, Matera92, OFFtheBALL
East Side Hawks: Elton Johns Wig, GN80, The Filth Wizard, croweater 41, Biggie, Brown Bottle

At The Stadium in the Sky.

No straight sets for us! Determined not to pull a Coney Island Warriors, Doctor Gero put us on his back with 7 goals, while the midfield of tim, Dingster and that hack Matera ran rampant against the Hawks, leaving brahj to wonder, had he made a mistake in leaving the best franchise in the SFA?

First Preliminary Final

Fighting Furies 6.5 11.9 15.13 16.14 (110)
Las Vegas Bears 4.1 8.2 9.6 14.7 (91)

Goals - Fighting Furies: Tarkyn_24 5; tgrs 3; rfctigerarmy 2; This is Anfield, HumanMeatball, Stevi_Tigers, Stiubhart, Helen Wheels, Nuffers
Las Vegas Bears: Jay-Z 3; reggie, Noidenous, Dingster 2; OFFtheBALL, JoshWoodenSpoon, kane249, matt_bas, Avatarp

Best - Fighting Furies: Helen Wheels, tgrs, JackNah_8, rfctigerarmy, HumanMeatball, Tarkyn_24
Las Vegas Bears: tim_saints, Avatarp, Matera92, AngryRanga, KO_KO, avishka5

At Punt Road.

Alas, it was not to be a back to back season for the Bears, with the regular season dominating Furies proving to be too strong on their home dung heap.

tim and Ava once again stood up under the heat of finals footy, proving they absolutely belong on the big stage. An inexplicable error on behalf of ALL THE LEADERSHIP GROUP saw Doctor Gero benched for mouthing off at someone, somewhere, somehow.

The dream was over, but what a ride this season had been. In what could be considered a rebuilding year for the list, we managed to push all the way to a Prelim, well done!

I'm proud to award 'The Jezzer' to tim_saints , who had a fantastic finals series and we look forward to him dominating for a full season at the Bears in S24! Well done!

View attachment 390821
The Jezzer

Ahhhhh shucks you guys...... appreciate it fellas!!

Firstly to Matera, well done on putting this all together. A stunning job from the great man!

Grats to all the winners. Gero, my non Eagle partner in crime on two awards. The whole Vegan and pineapple on pizzas issues were good fun. Let us know if Matera eats the steak or just goes straight to the salad bar!

Ranga was just like a fine wine this season. Got better and better as it went on. As Matera said, he really stepped up and should have been all SFA imo.

Ava had a stunning rookie season. Took no prisoners in match threads and will continue to dominate in poor prick that gets in her way!

Also tim_saints came home like a train and the black bookers have his name penciled in for next season....as well as a few bars for indiscretions Bearly Legal had to cover up!

Finally to all the Bears, thanks for a great season....but I'll be busy for a while. My dates beckon me.

Firstly to Matera, well done on putting this all together. A stunning job from the great man!

Grats to all the winners. Gero, my non Eagle partner in crime on two awards. The whole Vegan and pineapple on pizzas issues were good fun. Let us know if Matera eats the steak or just goes straight to the salad bar!

Ranga was just like a fine wine this season. Got better and better as it went on. As Matera said, he really stepped up and should have been all SFA imo.

Ava had a stunning rookie season. Took no prisoners in match threads and will continue to dominate in poor prick that gets in her way!

Also tim_saints came home like a train and the black bookers have his name penciled in for next season....as well as a few bars for indiscretions Bearly Legal had to cover up!

Finally to all the Bears, thanks for a great season....but I'll be busy for a while. My dates beckon me.

Congrats Dingster! Well deserved mate after a great season. Well done to all those who contributed to the write ups as well was a great read!

Onto a huge next season fellas!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Captains Award (One of you guys really impressed us this season and we want you to know it :D)

The Co -Captains do more than just fly first class, sip cocktails and ****up team sheets, we actually, sorta, kinda pay attention to what you champs post throughout the season, and quickly get a monkey butler to inscribe in stone each week who's made us laugh, burned the opposition and just been a great poster all season. (Otherwise we'd forget)

We've had a great influx of posters this season, and honestly this award could have gone to about 6 - 8 of you, however, unlike most public schooling where everyone's a winner, I don't abide by that special snowflake crap, thus someone must be singled out so that they can lord their superiority over the rest as is their right.

With that said, Dingster and I would like to present the Captains Award to none other than our angriest of gingers, AngryRanga ! He's stepped up massively this season and his match thread posting, plus his help in the Leadership group has been first class.

Well done you soulless bastard, enjoy your prize, you've earned it.

View attachment 390815
I remember fondly when this award used to be named in my honour.:(

Yay! My second-favourite Bear, after that guy who I watch shaving every morning.

Congratulations, Dingster

On ya DING!! Some sort of year you knocked out- never far from the action.
Sterling work Doc- always contributing in good spirit and with enviable statistics know-how. Ranga for ya righteous leadership + sizzling commentary.
tim_saints I'll say! You really helped us launch into the finals, what a player!

Thanks chiefly to Matera92 for hosting the shadow puppet show last night, and also I really liked the cheetahs. Bit hazy on it all to be earnest...

I remember fondly when this award used to be named in my honour.:(

Come play in Vegas and I'll name it after you permanently. ;)

The Captains Award (One of you guys really impressed us this season and we want you to know it :D)

The Co -Captains do more than just fly first class, sip cocktails and ****up team sheets, we actually, sorta, kinda pay attention to what you champs post throughout the season, and quickly get a monkey butler to inscribe in stone each week who's made us laugh, burned the opposition and just been a great poster all season. (Otherwise we'd forget)

We've had a great influx of posters this season, and honestly this award could have gone to about 6 - 8 of you, however, unlike most public schooling where everyone's a winner, I don't abide by that special snowflake crap, thus someone must be singled out so that they can lord their superiority over the rest as is their right.

With that said, Dingster and I would like to present the Captains Award to none other than our angriest of gingers, AngryRanga ! He's stepped up massively this season and his match thread posting, plus his help in the Leadership group has been first class.

Well done you soulless bastard, enjoy your prize, you've earned it.

View attachment 390815
This was never agreed to in the PM you bastard.

Bonus points for SPF 50+.

Ant Bear you seem to like to over here and we seem to like you in here.... jump on board mate we have very little room but I'm sure we can find some space for your services ;)
I'm persona non grata at the moment.

What a difference 24 hours makes! I had decided to go into rehab and join the Swampies before the b&f and let Matera know. To his credit he was supportive....come to think of it a little too supportive. :eek:

As mentioned in the B&F, the Bears have never been in better shape. You're in great hands with the LG which always has the club's best interests at heart. I've been in this league for centuries and with the Bears thriving thought the time was right to try something different. Apols to Van Dyke who asked me to join the Demons, but after chatting with AB decided on the Swampies and look forward getting to know them better. Enjoy the ride with the mighty Bears and I look forward bantering with you in S24.

Oh....as I told the LG, I have cameras everywhere. No wonder you're blushing Avatarp :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Team Thread Las Vegas Bears Season 23 Official Team Thread: Congratulations Dingster S23 Best & Fairest Winner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back