Laura Kane - Does Not Impress Me At All !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's face it, she's a token appointment, and she'll follow the same path as her predecessors.

If her name was Lance Kane, she wouldn't have the job with her credentials/capabilities (or lack of).

Really if she's qualified enough to be 2ic in the afl, surely she could have been given the aflw ceo gig instead. I feel like it was a case of, can't really be ****ed looking, just put Laura in and we'll get brownie points for diversity.

To those saying Laura isn't qualified to run the biggest sport in the country, she literally ran Womens Football at North Melbourne in 2019.

Shes closer to being overqualified.
I'm boundary umpire for my local B Grade side.

Does that make me overqualified to apply for the AFL Head of Umpiring?

Attachments

• ZomboMeme 19072024094410.jpg
    ZomboMeme 19072024094410.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 13
Can we start one of those petitions that make out as if she's going to blow up the whole world if she doesn't get fired? Maybe the media will notice it and finally put the blowtorch to her?

Like what the **** is she even saying??? Spins more than a beyblade

We're being made out to be fools. This is embarrassing and cringe. I really hate where this sport is going. Why do we have people in these important positions with absolutely no feel for the game? The average football fan who had played locally know more than her about football and yet she runs the game.

We're being made out to be fools. This is embarrassing and cringe. I really hate where this sport is going. Why do we have people in these important positions with absolutely no feel for the game? The average football fan who had played locally know more than her about football and yet she runs the game.
I'm not one to advocate for anything Richmond or Collingwood related but surely Benny Gale or even Eddie would be better than these bumbling buffoons?

Eddie would favor Collingwood with every rule change no doubt but at least he wouldn't let the game descend into a complete farce under his watch.

Astonishing that Gale was overlooked for these muppets.

I'm not one to advocate for anything Richmond or Collingwood related but surely Benny Gale or even Eddie would be better than these bumbling buffoons?

Eddie would favor Collingwood with every rule change no doubt but at least he wouldn't let the game descend into a complete farce under his watch.

It should have been Gale and then he would be the next CEO. The man is a cool, calm operator with a proven track record of success.

As a rule of thumb, I'm not an anti diversity warrior but come on, you have to be reasonable. They at least have to have some idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really if she's qualified enough to be 2ic in the afl, surely she could have been given the aflw ceo gig instead. I feel like it was a case of, can't really be ****ed looking, just put Laura in and we'll get brownie points for diversity.

Yes, she's in the position because she's a woman, but it's nothing to do with diversity or tokenism. The AFL are masters of the dark arts. She's been put in a position fronting controversial changes and decisions due the awkward reality that women are better bull shitters and liars than men.

Also, if you feminise your main spokesperson, it's also harder for a mostly male media to mount any hostile response and call out the bullshit. They're now always on guard and required to tap dance to avoid the "angry man" tag, which helps further distract from the unpopular message.

...Brendon Gale didn't want to be anything other than the CEO.

And btw, if Gale did get that job, Andrew Dillon would have left the AFL (see Travis Auld and Kylie Rogers), and Laura Kane would still be where she is today.

Yes, she's in the position because she's a woman, but it's nothing to do with diversity or tokenism. The AFL are masters of the dark arts. She's been put in a position fronting controversial changes and decisions due the awkward reality that women are better bull shitters and liars than men.

Also, if you feminise your main spokesperson, it's also harder for a mostly male media to mount any hostile response and call out the bullshit. They're now always on guard and required to tap dance to avoid the "angry man" tag, which helps further distract from the unpopular message.
Caro is our only hope of any level of criticism.

Can we start one of those petitions that make out as if she's going to blow up the whole world if she doesn't get fired? Maybe the media will notice it and finally put the blowtorch to her?

Like what the **** is she even saying??? Spins more than a beyblade

"Well look... look, what I will say, you got to, our players will adapt.. our players are good at listening, learning... so I mean, talking in hypotheticals loses some of the detail.

So the MRO.. after the fact, you have to look at various things and i'm very confident with that. You simply can't conflate those two things, on what that might look like"

I love how much she talks without saying anything

I'm a 34yo straight white male.

So you work it out.

Seems you get a low score.

Activision-Blizzard-Diversity-Space-Tool.jpg

Gale should be the CEO of the AFL. He was clearly the best candidate but unfortunately he wasn't part of the boys club or a diversity hire.

Why the need for gender diversity?
Does netball try to make sure some officials are male?
Having said that, I am not necessarily opposed to her appointment, someone from a more elite sporting background would be better like Abbey Holmes.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Laura Kane - Does Not Impress Me At All !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back