Laura Kane - Does Not Impress Me At All !!

Remove this Banner Ad

"Well look... look, what I will say, you got to, our players will adapt.. our players are good at listening, learning... so I mean, talking in hypotheticals loses some of the detail.

So the MRO.. after the fact, you have to look at various things and i'm very confident with that. You simply can't conflate those two things, on what that might look like"

I love how much she talks without saying anything
spin spin spin
piss down their backs Laura and tell em it's raining.
She is very skilled at spin. She is a wordsmith, that is her skill set. She doesn't actually have any say in Afl decisions, she just fronts the media and spin spin spins

Why the need for gender diversity?
Does netball try to make sure some officials are male?
Unfortunately, diversity and equality are apparently one way streets.

Imagine if more blokes did get involved in netball....

(Yes I'm aware there are men's netball leagues and teams)

"Well look... look, what I will say, you got to, our players will adapt.. our players are good at listening, learning... so I mean, talking in hypotheticals loses some of the detail.

So the MRO.. after the fact, you have to look at various things and i'm very confident with that. You simply can't conflate those two things, on what that might look like"

I love how much she talks without saying anything
thought healy was going to do a john mcenroe at one stage

Unfortunately, diversity and equality are apparently one way streets.

Imagine if more blokes did get involved in netball....

(Yes I'm aware there are men's netball leagues and teams)

I bet they dont get paid anywhere near as much !!

They probably also dont run at a massive loss after pissing off their major sponsor, requiring a government bailout.

Seeing her waffle about the NGA was painful as well. Was vague nothing about how we want more diversity so will just let inequality get worse to achieve it. But also didnt seem to be able articulate anything about how the NGA will actually bring more kids into the sport.

Full of BS spin but doesn't seem to have any clue about the topic. Seen too many execs fall upwards with this sort of crap. Great soundbites for an interview but all falls apart once actually tries to put anything in place

I thought she was good on radio last night. What hasn't helped her is that the new CEO, Andrew Dilon, is the biggest stiff—negative charisma.

This is her first year in the public spotlight. I suspect in a few years she will navigate these high-profile situations much better.

She sounds defensive, unconvincing and worst of all she doesn't sound genuine or like she's listening.

No 33 year old, lawyer or otherwise has the life or work experience required for that job. Second in charge at an extremely high profile organisation that turns over in excess of $1bn.

She had 9 years of professional experience before getting the job; 2 years as a junior lawyer at a small firm, 5 and a half years at Nth Melbourne, then 18 months at the AFL. That's not enough to see the big picture.

It was an astonishing appointment. They should have interviewed her, given her the list of things to work on and told her to apply again in 5 -10 years.

Seeing her waffle about the NGA was painful as well. Was vague nothing about how we want more diversity so will just let inequality get worse to achieve it. But also didnt seem to be able articulate anything about how the NGA will actually bring more kids into the sport.

Full of BS spin but doesn't seem to have any clue about the topic. Seen too many execs fall upwards with this sort of crap. Great soundbites for an interview but all falls apart once actually tries to put anything in place

They don’t really want diversity because the easiest way to achieve this is to give WC and Freo indigenous academies with priority drafting unless the kids want to enter the open draft.

Give indigenous kids the “opportunity” to stay within their family/friend structure will increase indigenous AFL participation.

They don’t really want diversity because the easiest way to achieve this is to give WC and Freo indigenous academies with priority drafting unless the kids want to enter the open draft.

Give indigenous kids the “opportunity” to stay within their family/friend structure will increase indigenous AFL participation.
Disagree.

All aspiring AFL players know that there will always be a chance of being drafted to the other side of the country/interstate.

Unfortunately in this day and age they are employees and the clubs are their employers.

If they're not prepared to pack up and move to the other side of the country/interstate to achieve their lifelong dream then there is always the State Leagues so they can remain close to their families.

Disagree.

All aspiring AFL players know that there will always be a chance of being drafted to the other side of the country/interstate.

Unfortunately in this day and age they are employees and the clubs are their employers.

If they're not prepared to pack up and move to the other side of the country/interstate to achieve their lifelong dream then there is always the State Leagues so they can remain close to their families.
Which is exactly why indigenous participation in AFL is falling and we have virtually no indigenous kids from Northern WA playing.

Don’t suppose you have ever visited Northern WA (i.e Roebourne, Halls Creek or the outback etc) or the NT and if you haven’t then maybe you should so you can understand why the AFL model doesn’t work for so many indigenous kids.

Maybe let WC/Freo spend money on establishing academies located in Nth regions and actually try and give a track into the AFL for kids that will never otherwise make it (as opposed to bending over backwards for inner city African kids).

Interesting you also have city kids with all the trappings laid on for them by the AFL sooking it up who declare they don’t want to be drafted interstate and if they do they will be coming straight home (Sheezel, Horne Francis).

Anyway, the post was a response disputing Kane is only interested in diversity, which your response actually confirms is accurate (i.e would increase diversity but not how the AFL works).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's pretty clear that Kane has been appointed to be the deliverer of bad news and Dillon's the nice guy – good cop, bad cop, but the bad cop is a woman in a 'man's world' and will therefore escape intense criticism.

She's the one talking about microchips in balls, defending tribunal decisions.

Dillon makes shit jokes and acts like a gormless tool at stadium launches and feel good Auskick stuff.

Kind of impressive how incredibly snakey these AFL pricks are.

I thought she was good on radio last night. What hasn't helped her is that the new CEO, Andrew Dilon, is the biggest stiff—negative charisma.

This is her first year in the public spotlight. I suspect in a few years she will navigate these high-profile situations much better.
Brendan Gale was the best person for the CEO job. Is a lawyer and has the results. Would have made afl great again. Only politics and he wasnt in the boys boys club. I think a lot of people were surprised he was looked over. Dillion was a odd choice as top dog - got no leadership and let’s Kane take the bullets. Anyways Brendan’s off to tassie now and will do a good job there as per usual.

Brendan Gale was the best person for the CEO job. Is a lawyer and has the results. Would have made afl great again. Only politics and he wasnt in the boys boys club. I think a lot of people were surprised he was looked over. Dillion was a odd choice as top dog - got no leadership and let’s Kane take the bullets. Anyways Brendan’s off to tassie now and will do a good job there as per usual.
It's a disgrace Gale isn't CEO... & he should have been taking over from Brian Cook.

The overpaid administration of the AFL have only become more incompetent since Wayne Jackson was CEO.

Despite what the current CEO thinks, the umpiring has never been worse or more inconsistent & confusing. We don't need 4 umpires & they have made the game worse. HTB is now a lottery.

Christian has been ****ing up the MRO for years & the dangerous tackle is now a complete shamozle! They should clearly define what a dangerous tackle is & it should not all be based on the outcome. But not they hand out penalties like chook lotto.

...Brendon Gale didn't want to be anything other than the CEO.

And btw, if Gale did get that job, Andrew Dillon would have left the AFL (see Travis Auld and Kylie Rogers), and Laura Kane would still be where she is today.
Too many ****ing lawyers ruining the AFL!

We need real football people running the AFL who have an actual feel for the game.

Show you've got the balls to stand up to the whinging entitled clubs and bring in the desperately needed fixes to the bidding system. Can you do it Laura?

Or are we going to have yet another round of guns going so cheap there's basically no cost to Brisbane and Gold Coast?

She sounds defensive, unconvincing and worst of all she doesn't sound genuine or like she's listening.

No 33 year old, lawyer or otherwise has the life or work experience required for that job. Second in charge at an extremely high profile organisation that turns over in excess of $1bn.

She had 9 years of professional experience before getting the job; 2 years as a junior lawyer at a small firm, 5 and a half years at Nth Melbourne, then 18 months at the AFL. That's not enough to see the big picture.

It was an astonishing appointment. They should have interviewed her, given her the list of things to work on and told her to apply again in 5 -10 years.

She'll be CEO in 5 years, it'll be locked in already. Won't matter how incompetent she is.

She'll be CEO in 5 years, it'll be locked in already. Won't matter how incompetent she is.
Need the Commission to be overhauled so there's real scrutiny of the AFL Executive, which hasn't occurred in recent years, Goyder has been a disaster for the game, and Qantas, can't wait to see his arz fading into the sunset!

Do a bit of research into Tracey Gaudry and you'll realise how wrong that is.

The AFL CEO fires (and instructs clubs to fire) anybody he thinks is doing a poor job, regardless of gender.

Do a bit of research into Tracey Gaudry and you'll realise how wrong that is.

The AFL CEO fires (and instructs clubs to fire) anybody he thinks is doing a poor job, regardless of gender.

Dillon fired a hawks ceo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Laura Kane - Does Not Impress Me At All !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back