Laura Kane - Does Not Impress Me At All !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Dillon fired a hawks ceo?
He and Gill (and others) were pissed about her appointment. And they wanted the Hawks president sacked for appointing her. Which is basically what happened four months later, when their concerns had been proven to be justified.

How long has Laura Kane had the job she's in now? Think it's about 16 months (including, whaddya know, four months essentially auditioning for the role).

He and Gill (and others) were pissed about her appointment. And they wanted the Hawks president sacked for appointing her. Which is basically what happened four months later, when their concerns had been proven to be justified.

How long has Laura Kane had the job she's in now? Think it's about 16 months (including, whaddya know, four months essentially auditioning for the role).

It looks on linked in as though she got the boot after 1 month. I also think gill was the one that got Thorburn the Essendon presidents gig a couple of years ago.

I think Kane is safe though, her rise to the 2ic gig was too fast if anything.

AFL CEO conference meetings float radical ideas to transform fixture
-------------------------
:mad:

What in the absolute word vomit is going on there?

The only good take out of it is an 18-game season where everyone only plays each other once before finals, then it all goes downhill. Wildcard rounds, in-season tournaments, participation medals for essentially meaningless games - GTFO.

18-game season is the best fixture equaliser of all time, alternating between home & away each year. But, it’s a lot less games and therefore money for the AFL doing that.

The Dillon & Kane legacy is off to one of the worst starts ever and it’s hard to see them doing anything to get some credibility back.

The wildcard weekend to make finals makes sense, all the other ideas are pie in the sky.

AFL CEO conference meetings float radical ideas to transform fixture
-------------------------
:mad:
With the caveat that the devil's in the detail, the idea of playing every team once and then your finishing position after that process determines your next step (finals, pre finals conference or whatever) is a VAST improvement on the current dogs breakfast of a fixture. I'd give this a tentative tick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The wildcard weekend to make finals makes sense, all the other ideas are pie in the sky.
In favour of wildcard weekend, you're joking - checks posters club - of course, Essendon LOL

You get 23 games to get yourself into the finals, if you can't get in after all those games, just take early holidaze, like you are again this year.

In favour of wildcard weekend, you're joking - checks posters club - of course, Essendon LOL

You get 23 games to get yourself into the finals, if you can't get in after all those games, just take early holidaze, like you are again this year.

Lol, coming from a crows fan that's great comedy, can't remember the last time you guys made finals, thought you'd be super keen on the idea.

Remove this Banner Ad

Laura Kane - Does Not Impress Me At All !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back