Team Mgmt. Laverde, Langford or Fantasia

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is most likely to make it? Which player will be the best?

Personally I like all three but so much of a career is based on luck and it's terribly difficult to predict a player's rise or fall.

In order of probability of being a genuinely good player, my guess:

1. Laverde
2. Fantasia
3. Langford

I have nothing against Langford but I just haven't seen enough of him to have a sense of his potential and even his level of motivation.

Keen to know others' thoughts.

Last edited:
Laverde has so far shown everything you want in an AFL footballer. At this point in time he's number 1.

Fantasia has shown enough that he can be a good AFL player in time.

Langford is yet to show he's AFL quality. He still has plenty of time and at this stage its just a guessing game.

They all have the talent to make it. Think Laverde has the highest ceiling but can see Langford at his best being the most fun to watch.

My only reservation about Fantasia is the coaches not knowing where to put him to get the best out of him, which might hurt his development. Understand he came as a forward but has played well behind the ball in the seniors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Langford is going to be the Carracella to Laverdes Mercuri.
Heh. Fantasia is more like Mercs than Jayden IMO. Jayden is a completely different beast though. He's the complete package as a midfielder IMO.

1. Laverde
2. Fantasia
3. Langford

Personally I don't think Langford will make it. Fantasia is also suspect but I don't think I can make a judgement on him right now.

Laverde is 100% a gun.

I actually think Laverde is going to be an absolute star.

I think he has the makings of a great midfielder. He's so strong over the ball and a bull at the contest, I hope we develop him as a mid because I think he's a long term successor to Jobe.
He has pace and a leap. I would love to see him develop up forward for another season, similarly Langford as a high half forward.

1. Laverde by a long way. Will end up one of our best players. Could legitimately be a star of the comp. Has it all in terms of size, disposal, ability to find the ball, marking and pace. Really good package. I think he could have a year to rival Merrett's second year.
2. Fantasia - i think is more of a 'sure thing' than Langford. Has that great pace and can play various positions. I'm pretty confident that he will at least be a good best 22 player - hopefully something more. I don't think he has elite potential though.
3. Langford - I've marked him down right now because its still unclear what his best position is. Up forward he shows a lot of class with his disposal and has really good pace and marking. That said he doesn't seem to get involved that much yet in the game. Has shown signs in the midfield at VFL level. Development will determine how he turns out. I think worst case scenario is he becomes a depth player but he could actually be a very good player in that Caracella mould. I think he will make it - as a consistent best 22 player. Some potential to be a star.

Still a few questionmarks over Fantasia at this point. How often do you see a young player have a few good games then fail to back it up in the coming years? We'll be in a better position to judge after next season.
Laverde and Langford will both most likely become very good players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back