Lenny Hayes - Touching the umpire

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Hayes puts hands on umpire.

Won't somebody think of the children!!!

Collingwoood supporters should be more concerned with Malthouse and Liccuria inciting opposition players at quarter time.

Could Collingwood supporters get any more pathetic?

Please Jeff tell me how discussing something that happened in the game last night is pathetic?

I am pretty sure you would have been calling for Shaw's head this time last year, but being the hypocritical twit you are all of a sudden this topic is taboo.

Could Collingwood supporters get any more pathetic?
Yep, and the incident was only after that squib Didak took a dive (yet again) to get the free.
I thought the rules committee introduced a "playing for a free" rule this year whereby you can be fined or suspended.
Fair dinkum, if Didak doesn't cop something between now and the end of the year, it will just go to show that the AFL are not serious aboput this rule.

Geeez! Who cares what team the OP supports! Its a relevant topic..

I hope this issue is addressed, surely the AFL cannot be serious if they fine him? One of the great images is when Luke Hodge put his arm around the umpire and had a laugh, it was good for the game.

I agree that umpires need to be respected and physical intimidation is not to be tolerated, but a black and white ruling is not applicable in this area. Case by case IMO, context must be considered

Geeez! Who cares what team the OP supports! Its a relevant topic..

I hope this issue is addressed, surely the AFL cannot be serious if they fine him? One of the great images is when Luke Hodge put his arm around the umpire and had a laugh, it was good for the game.

I agree that umpires need to be respected and physical intimidation is not to be tolerated, but a black and white ruling is not applicable in this area. Case by case IMO, context must be considered

good post. I agree with you that context does need to be consdiered, If he's verbally abusing him or something then it needs to be looked at as something which warrants a fine or supension but if its just good natured/accidental contact which can't be helped nothing more should eventuate.

The umpires piss me off thinking they are bigger than te game when they get all "Don't touch me, mate" when they're just trying to be firendly or supportive.

Both this and the Malthouse incidents shuold be thrown out and everyone should just GTFO it.

good post. I agree with you that context does need to be consdiered, If he's verbally abusing him or something then it needs to be looked at as something which warrants a fine or supension but if its just good natured/accidental contact which can't be helped nothing more should eventuate.

The umpires piss me off thinking they are bigger than te game when they get all "Don't touch me, mate" when they're just trying to be firendly or supportive.

Both this and the Malthouse incidents shuold be thrown out and everyone should just GTFO it.

Come on. The umpires know just as well as everyone else that the players are sometimes just being friendly or supportive. They tell the players not to touch them because they know it will get the players in trouble. Do you really think that the umpires want people fined or suspended for just touching them? It may be a surprise, but I'm pretty sure that every umpire is a HUGE footy fan first and foremost.

Also, the rule has to be no touching at all so that if the line is ever crossed, it is only something as minor as what Hayes did. That being said, I don't think what he did deserves and punishment.

Nothing in it...maybe a fine to nip it in the bud so other players don't think it's okay to touch an umpire .

I'd much prefer to see the Didak dive be investigated if they are serious about wiping out cheating diving in our game ...he was rewarded with a goal for his cheating act which was just plain wrong ...fair enough the Saints player shouldn't have touched him ..but that is no exscuse for blatant diving .

Please Jeff tell me how discussing something that happened in the game last night is pathetic?

I am pretty sure you would have been calling for Shaw's head this time last year, but being the hypocritical twit you are all of a sudden this topic is taboo.
Jeff and Plugger35 are the most biased posters on here. Probably never played a game of footy between them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lenny Hayes not cited, Kieran Jack was...

every year we hope the MRP/tribunal system will get better, every year they fail...

AFL admit umpiring incident error

THE AFL has conceded the Lenny Hayes umpiring touching incident slipped through to the keeper.
Footage screened last night showed Hayes making slight contact with umpire Shaun Ryan, but it was not looked at by the match review panel yesterday.
The MRP was not alerted because Ryan declined to raise it as an issue as he did not feel threatened. Therefore, it did not view it with a raft of other incidents yesterday.
After public comparisons with the Hayes incident and the Heath Shaw incident involving umpire Michael Vozzo last year, the match review panel today reconvened to look at the incident in the St Kilda v Collingwood game on Friday night.
Hayes was officially cleared after the panel looked at the video and also spoke to Ryan.
The fact Ryan had no issue was Hayes helped his cause, whereas Vozzo made it clear last year that he found Shaw’s actions threatening.

A few years ago Shane Wakelin made accidental contact with an umpire during a "blitz" and got a week for it.

A few weeks later Riewoldt did the exact same thing, said sorry to the umpire at the time and no action was taken. ;)

A few years ago Shane Wakelin made accidental contact with an umpire during a "blitz" and got a week for it.

A few weeks later Riewoldt did the exact same thing, said sorry to the umpire at the time and no action was taken. ;)

The tribunral is clearly against Collingwood as youve pointed out. Just when they had the chance to do you a massive favour. They had the chance to rub Leigh Brown out for his gutlees behind the play bump on Roo. He really was looking at five or six weeks and ridding Collingwood of this donkey. Instead they cleared him to play they must really hate Collingwood.

The tribunral is clearly against Collingwood as youve pointed out. Just when they had the chance to do you a massive favour. They had the chance to rub Leigh Brown out for his gutlees behind the play bump on Roo. He really was looking at five or six weeks and ridding Collingwood of this donkey. Instead they cleared him to play they must really hate Collingwood.
seriously if he got done for that and sam mitchell's got thrown out i wouldve been pretty pissed, even if it was leigh brown.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lenny Hayes - Touching the umpire

Remove this Banner Ad

Back