Leon Davis and Andrew Krakouer reconcile with Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantastic News.
Exactly what I have hoped would happen for a long time.
Bravo to the club and Leon and Andrew.

The club can only benefit from having these two great players, and indigenous men at the club.

Marvellous news. Congratulations to the pies for the difficult and necessary work in the “truth telling and listening” as part of the “Do Better” investigation/report assisting our Indigenous players and assisting all of us. Magnificent to have Leon Davis and Andrew Krakouer back in the fold.
Go Pies

Now…this is a proud day for CFC.
Hat’s off to Leon & Krak for trusting the Club again.
Thank you.
Nothing personal but I would substitute the word proud for glad. We all know what you meant, as we did with Eddie, but look what the media did to that.

It is a wonderful step forward for the club. Leon entertained us for so long, deserves far more recognition than he received on retirement. Both show real insight and understanding into the depth of racism and its impact in our society.

Leave HL out of this. Nothing to do with him.

Davis should be put on a pedestal at the club. In the nearly 60 years of football I’ve seen, I’ve only seen three of four more talented players at the club. Not necessarily the best, but he was up there in actual skill and talent. That anyone would target him for his race is disgusting. The bloke was not one bit arrogant, he did his talking through his football, you could see the sheer joy he got from displaying his immense talent on the field and then didn’t cause one bit of trouble off the field. If we had more players that displayed his ability and humility, we would be far better off as a club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I recall seeing Andrew interviewed on Marngrook and was asked about HL, (he’d been tweeting at the time).
He said he and Leon had decided to go in a different direction.
Now I know what he meant - great news.

What will they be doing in their day to day roles?

From the statement:

Leon and Andrew recently shared their experiences of racism with representatives from the Club Board with both former Collingwood players committed to being involved in the Club’s Truth-Telling Program – a process to more deeply understand their experiences and the impacts racism have had on their lives to better inform ongoing cultural change at the Club.

Leon has been employed by the Club on a full-time basis to assist with its commitment to building a culturally safe environment for all staff and players and Andrew will be employed to help support this.

From the statement:

Leon and Andrew recently shared their experiences of racism with representatives from the Club Board with both former Collingwood players committed to being involved in the Club’s Truth-Telling Program – a process to more deeply understand their experiences and the impacts racism have had on their lives to better inform ongoing cultural change at the Club.

Leon has been employed by the Club on a full-time basis to assist with its commitment to building a culturally safe environment for all staff and players and Andrew will be employed to help support this.

That doesn't answer the question.

Are they going to engage with the playing group and staff on indigenous issues weekly?

That doesn't answer the question.

Are they going to engage with the playing group and staff on indigenous issues weekly?

I do not have a copy of their position description at this time. I'll try to get back to you on that.

In lieu of official documentation, my punt is that they'll be working throughout the club, and liaising between players and administration.

Leon and Krak were two of my all time favourite players to watch. Particularly Leon whose highlight reel is spectacular. And let’s not forget his switch to defence where he had one of the all time great kick in records in AFL history. May well be the best good news story of Collingwood’s year. Have to applaud the club for it.
If the sports media and particularly the AFL media give this story as much exposure as a De Goey party or a Harry O criticism then the world would be a better place. Alas, good news just doesn’t rate or serve as click bait does it?

Leon and Krak were two of my all time favourite players to watch. Particularly Leon whose highlight reel is spectacular. And let’s not forget his switch to defence where he had one of the all time great kick in records in AFL history. May well be the best good news story of Collingwood’s year. Have to applaud the club for it.
If the sports media and particularly the AFL media give this story as much exposure as a De Goey party or a Harry O criticism then the world would be a better place. Alas, good news just doesn’t rate or serve as click bait does it?
Deafening silence from the wonderful Australian media.

FU Murdock.

Deafening silence from the wonderful Australian media.

FU Murdock.
Except for all the Australian media reporting on it:

Edit - Or perhaps just outlets not involved in the multilateral conspiracy involving the AFL, betting agencies etc to somehow get Collingwood?

Edit 2: Nope, the AFL site is on the list…

Last edited:
Except for all the Australian media reporting on it:

Edit - Or perhaps just outlets not involved in the multilateral conspiracy involving the AFL, betting agencies etc to somehow get Collingwood?

Edit 2: Nope, the AFL site is on the list…

Was also covered on AFL 360.

Remove this Banner Ad

Leon Davis and Andrew Krakouer reconcile with Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back