Leon Davis, interested?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bondy just on 6PR hasn't ruled it out...Terms used such as "Plenty of water to go under the Bridge" and " we have to look at what picks may be available to us in the ND and PSD". "No one has been able to contact him yet"

Looks a goer!

Any mention of the Simon Tunbridge bizzo?

Bondy just on 6PR hasn't ruled it out...Terms used such as "Plenty of water to go under the Bridge" and " we have to look at what picks may be available to us in the ND and PSD". "No one has been able to contact him yet"

Looks a goer!

I refuse to listen to Eagle Radio but if that is what Chris Bond said, then that does it for me.

Leon will be in purple in 2012 and it'll be just like Roger was still out there.

Going by 'No-one has been able to contact him' it doesn't look good IMO.

I saw a report, possibly on the news reel on the BF Fremantle Dockers Portal page, saying that Davis has been meeting with WAFL clubs today.

Would be kind of a give away if a WAFL club could get into contact with him before one of the possible AFL clubs to bring him over could. Says to me that WC have gotten into his ear and are prepared to jump at the chance to get him.

WC pick 50 for Davis is what I suspect is what will happen.

Makes sense. Eagles trying to get whatever they can before Cox/Glass/Embley retire so one last shot at glory with Davis in the team can't hurt. That and they don't have a crumber so Davis could flourish there.

It's sad to think he won't see out his career in black and white because after 225 games, he has been a wonderful servant. Dual AA, he will be remembered as a star of our club.

Seriously, if he is playing WAFL footy next season it's a complete waste. As much as I don't like the idea of him linking up with another AFL side, surely you guys would be keen to take him on? He still has some left in the tank.

It's sad to think he won't see out his career in black and white because after 225 games, he has been a wonderful servant. Dual AA, he will be remembered as a star of our club.

Seriously, if he is playing WAFL footy next season it's a complete waste. As much as I don't like the idea of him linking up with another AFL side, surely you guys would be keen to take him on? He still has some left in the tank.

Don't worry it won't be a waste. Leon wasn't able to get a premiership medal with the pies , but FREO will get'em one in the next couple of years.:p

I saw a report, possibly on the news reel on the BF Fremantle Dockers Portal page, saying that Davis has been meeting with WAFL clubs today.

Would be kind of a give away if a WAFL club could get into contact with him before one of the possible AFL clubs to bring him over could. Says to me that WC have gotten into his ear and are prepared to jump at the chance to get him.

Makes sense. Eagles trying to get whatever they can before Cox/Glass/Embley retire so one last shot at glory with Davis in the team can't hurt. That and they don't have a crumber so Davis could flourish there.

Pretty sure West Coast have traded pick #49 or #50 ?? for Josh Hill,which leaves them 3 picks , #23 and #28 ...which they would not use on Davis,and pick 60 odd which they have already said they are using to upgrade Hamms.
So going on that I would say that Freo is most likely destination if he is picked up

I was of the understanding we were already planning to use our one PSD pick to get half a dozen St Kilda players who want to follow Ross Lyon over here. Has this plan been abandoned?

I was of the understanding we were already planning to use our one PSD pick to get half a dozen St Kilda players who want to follow Ross Lyon over here. Has this plan been abandoned?

The only St.Kilda player i wanted was Clint Jones...but think he's staying...better off we get Davis,plays on small forwards hopefully 2 years while young kid develops in WAFL and gets the odd AFL game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, it's just that part of the famous Saint Kilda Bubble was created by Ross forcing the players to sign their souls over to him for eternity so we probably won't have to use draft picks at all.

Do you mean trade pick 50 for Davis?

You cant do that outside of trade week.

Pretty sure West Coast have traded pick #49 or #50 ?? for Josh Hill,which leaves them 3 picks , #23 and #28 ...which they would not use on Davis,and pick 60 odd which they have already said they are using to upgrade Hamms.
So going on that I would say that Freo is most likely destination if he is picked up

I thought they delisted Broome/Neates recently which game them an extra pick.

Whether I agree or not it appears two St Kilda players are on our radar along with Neon Leon, in Farren Ray and Zac Dawson. Both Dawson and Ray remain out of contract:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/gamble-out-as-saints-wield-knife-20111028-1moli.html

I reckon 1 - 2 of this trio along with one or more of Lee Spur, Kyal Horsley and Tom Lee would be useful depth for our list, through the use of picks 58, 71, 74 & PSD. I reckon Leon Davis is the only one of the 6 names I've mentioned here that would be first 22 so I reckon we lock him in for 2 year contract in the PSD.

Guys, I know this has nothing to do with Neon Leon, but has anyone been able to find a video of Bradley Hill? With all the talk about him I though I'd check out a video but can't find any on youtube.

Cheers.

I thought they delisted Broome/Neates recently which game them an extra pick.

So now they will use picks 23,28 and 63 and use 81 for Hamms upgrade...maybe forcing Freo to use #58,then again maybe they aint interested in Neon

That is of course Freo are interested in Leon :)

I reckon Leon Davis is the only one of the 6 names I've mentioned here that would be first 22 so I reckon we lock him in for 2 year contract in the PSD.

I think Ray would give the best 22 a nudge given that he cracks the Saints. We've just re-signed JVB, so even if he is sitting outside our 22 I would see him getting game time.

Sometimes i feel supporters can't look at team lists objectively. God knows im prone to similar ailments, i remember thinking getting Heath Black was a bad idea because we had exactly the same player in Andrew Browne; why did we need another HBF?

Hindsight is always 20/20.

But surely most of you should realise Farren Ray, Zac Dawson, Leon Davis would all start in our best 22.

Dawson is clearly underrated on these boards. We tried Anthony down back, similarly Faulks, Grover is ageing and Silvagni was out injured most of the year. On form and games played Dawson would be our 2nd most reliable key defender, only behind McPharlin.

Silvagni looks a damn good prospect, yes he's 2.5 years younger than Dawson but at the same age Dawson was holding down fullback in a grand final team.

Don't get me wrong i wouldn't trade Silvagni for 2xDawson's. But he's an accomplished key defender young Zac and would go a long way to filling the void down back in the future.

For the price of a PSD pick i'd love to get Dawson, or Ray or Leon. Maybe even 2 of the aforementioned.

^^^ agreed all those guys would be in our best team and they would make us a better side especially Davis and Dawson IMO.

Everyones entitled to there opinion, I agree with the Davis and Ray part, thats a no brainer, but what I don't agree on is the Dawson part. I'm not like most people who laugh at Dawson, I say we don't need/want him because of this:

St Kilda's gameplan was flood the backline, therefore they don't really have any good 1-1 defenders. All the midfielders would go back to help Dawson, seriously Liam Jurrah could play the role Dawson does. Hes use of the ball isn't all too flash either. Silvagni looks to be amazing, lets see how Faulks goes, hes been injured so don't write him off so quickly. We without a doubt do need another KPD, but I'd rather take one in the draft or a mature age one in the draft (like Nick Duigan).

Remove this Banner Ad

Leon Davis, interested?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back