Think Tank Leon Davis Medal 2024 - discussion pre-game, then nominations, then voting...

Who was pathetic?

• Heeney

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • Parker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amartie?

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • Hipwood

• Horse

• Papley

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Blakey

Votes: 6 10.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Grand Final day brings many acolades to the victor, and bronx cheers to the loser - I dont know if they cheer that much in the Bronx?

But amongst the great players is one who is a complete spud - could be one who clangs and misses a match winning goal, or could be one who has the most time on ground for little to no impact...

But it's the most glorious day of the football year! Grand Final day, where we find out which club supporters have bragging rights for 12 months and who will be mercilessly trolled for that same period (or longer). A new player will make a zero of himself by being crowned the 2024 Leon Davis Medallist! :thumbsu:

leondavismedalface2_zps1ad7d175 (1).jpg

A Bay 13 tradition, the Leon Davis Medal is awarded to the player deemed 'worst on ground' in the Grand Final.
There are many more ways to determine the WOG than the BOG. :rainbow:

Previous Winners:

2011: Alan Didak
2012: Cyril Rioli
2013: Hayden Ballantyne
2014: Lewis Jetta
2015: Jack Darling
2016: Kurt Tippett
2017: Josh Jenkins
2018: Steele Sidebottom
2019: Jeremy Finlayson
2020: Patrick Dangerfield
2021: Cody Weightman
2022: Gary Rohan
2023: Billy Frampton

The Leon always brings out the trolling, melting and schaudenfreude (sort of means gloating). Plus it's something supporters of all clubs can be involved in.

Post your predictions from now, post your nominations during the game, and we'll see who wins this most inglorious of awards. :$

for the lions it has to be hipwood. seems to always be invisible for brisbane even when they play well

for the swannies.....i get the feeling one of their big three might just put in an absolute pants piss. gonna say heeney shits himself and gets done up by dunkley
MOTHER ****ING CALLED IT

HEENEY PISSED HIS PANTS

He competed as well. Contested the ball and brought it to ground, didnt do anything overtly stupid so thats fine.
Nope, close eyes = potential murderer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gary Rohan, he went missing again in another Swans GF.

So I guess we all agree it was amatry. Or amartey.

If Amartey wins, the vote shoud be taken away from the great unwashed. It will be proof that democracy doesn't work.

Relatively low-profile player everyone predicted to spud it up spuds it up. And in a forward line with no service. Hardly keeping in the spirit of the Leon.

Blakey, Heeney and Papley are far more deserving.

If Amartey wins, the vote shoud be taken away from the great unwashed. It will be proof that democracy doesn't work.

Relatively low-profile player everyone predicted to spud it up spuds it up. And in a forward line with no service. Hardly keeping in the spirit of the Leon.

Blakey, Heeney and Papley are far more deserving.

Spudding it up is one thing, but to spud it up with 0 possessions in the first half and your first kick in the 3rd quarter is OOTF then if he wins the Leon Davis medal then it's well deserved.

Last edited:
Spuding it up is one thing, but to spud it up with 0 possessions in the first half and your first kick in the 3rd quarter is OOTF then if he wins the Leon Davis medal then it's well deserved.

Yeah, I guess fair enough. But you've got 3 high-profile 'quality' players who are deserving, so I think it's a bit silly to give it to an already recognised spud.

Leons are supposed to consider more than just the output, but also should consider expected output.

Remove this Banner Ad

Think Tank Leon Davis Medal 2024 - discussion pre-game, then nominations, then voting...

Back