Leongatha Mushroom Deaths - VIC *Erin Patterson charged with 3 counts of murder & 2 attempts

Remove this Banner Ad

Not to mention she didn't actually go to the tip closest to home, but when to an alternative tip.
That’s not quite true. It’s 12 minutes to the Koonwarra tip, and 14 minutes to the one at Korumburra, so she did choose the closest one. Most people I know in Leongatha use the Koonwarra one, mainly because it has longer opening hours, whereas Korumburra is only open half days, so that made sense to me.

ETA: just checked, if we’re talking disposal on either the Saturday or the Sunday, Korumburra doesn’t open til 12 midday, whereas Koonwarra opens 10am. So if you’re keen to get rid of something asap, Koony is the go.

Last edited:
It was a bit weird when Erin was sobbing and she wiped her eye, then looked at her fingers to presumably check if there was any tears.

She ended up in hospital too for a night apparently and which was kept from the public for a while but I'm not sure when, if it was after she was alerted to everyone else getting so sick or around the same time.
I thought she was checking for eye boogers

Inspired by the William Tyrrell's Foster Mother's hand abrasions, the Daily Mail has today conjured up Knucklegate.

My preliminary thoughts after watching Under Investigation - were the 4 victims together anywhere earlier in the day. Also, for someone to have premeditated a potential mass murder, there would be something else in her history (besides the ex husbands tummy issue that he went to hospital for). Women who poison don’t go from zero to mass murder. They have a history…. IMO.

I've retitled this: six things we already knew about the mushroom poisoning.

Potential parallels between this Mushrooms Murders case and the Searching for Spiderman (William Tyrell) case.

If forensic testing shows that poisonous mushrooms in the Beef Wellington leftovers provided for testing, don't match the toxins found in the living and deceased victims.

And it is eventually revealed that William Tyrrell was never wearing a Spiderman suit at the time he disappeared.

19 years ago 2004.

The convictions handed down by the Dandenong Magistrates Court on September 7, 2004, were for charges of failing to stop a vehicle after an accident, failing to provide identifying information after causing property damage, using an unregistered vehicle on a highway, failing to provide information after property damage, and driving at 95 km/h in a restricted 60 km/h zone.

Notably, a charge related to her blood alcohol level of 0.14 per cent was dropped, potentially due to overlapping elements in other charges.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Living Island had evil mushrooms, but Biosecurity Australia have managed to keep them out... until now?

R.2974e25296ee1a4e3565e87077ec0bc9

Yeah I guess so, keeping an open mind though but surely we have the resources to expedite testing etc when it involves 3 deaths? Is the 4th man still in hospital?

I guess that depends on how the tests are carried out.

If the actual test takes a single day and the 8 week timeframe is due to backlog, I agree.

If the test itself should take 8 weeks then any attempt to expedite the process could make the test results cannon fodder for the defence.

I guess that depends on how the tests are carried out.

If the actual test takes a single day and the 8 week timeframe is due to backlog, I agree.

If the test itself should take 8 weeks then any attempt to expedite the process could make the test results cannon fodder for the defence.

Excellent point. Play on

Archive link to full story

Leongatha mushroom poisoning victim Ian Wilkinson released from hospital​

Pastor Ian Wilkinson, the lone survivor of an ill-fated lunch that allegedly killed three others, has returned home after spending close to two months in hospital.

Mushroom poisoning victim Ian Wilkinson has been released from hospital and is making “significant progress” in his recovery, it has been announced.
A statement issued on Saturday on behalf of the 68-year-old’s family said Mr Wilkinson had been discharged from Melbourne’s Austin Hospital
The homicide squad is investigating the deaths of three people, also poisoned eating the beef Wellington served by Erin Patterson at her Leongatha home in July.
The recovery of Mr Wilkinson, a Korumburra church pastor, has the potential to represent something of a breakthrough for detectives.

(more in the archive link, but mostly just recapping what we already know)

Remove this Banner Ad

Leongatha Mushroom Deaths - VIC *Erin Patterson charged with 3 counts of murder & 2 attempts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back