Leongatha Mushroom Deaths - VIC *Erin Patterson charged with 3 counts of murder & 2 attempts

Remove this Banner Ad

'What lies beneath: mushroom poisoning mystery divides towns'

'1 hour ago
The South Gippsland Sentinel-Times splashed with the deaths on Tuesday, running on page three a photograph from a real estate website showing where Ms Patterson’s new house was built. The block of land went for $260,000 and among the promotional photos, it reported, was a cluster of brightly coloured mushrooms on the property.'

https://www.sgst.com.au/ (registration to get a digital version of the paper is free)
p3
'Police confirm daughter-in-law cooked ‘mushroom’ meal'
Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 10.44.18 pm.png

(tin foil hat) If this was indeed a purposeful poisoning, I wonder if the dehydrator was used to dehydrate death cap mushrooms and then they were turned into powder, and then mixed into a sauce of some kind whilst real, legit, store bought mushrooms were served as a kind of decoy in the hope that a supermarket would cop the blame for the deaths, as though their mushrooms were toxic? If so she obviously didn't give herself any of the tainted sauce but she might have eaten some of the decoy mushrooms hence the police and media confusion that seems to indicate that the suspect had eaten the mushrooms too?

Mystery stomach illness last year. Through the mushroom season.

It has now emerged that Ms Patterson's former partner Simon spent 21 days in intensive care after collapsing at his home in May 2022.

I believe its only a matter of time before she is charged with 3 counts of Fungicide.

83f8ae62-3fb0-46fd-bbc5-49b7b34ffd79_screenshot.jpg

today-my-doctor-prescribed-me-a-cream-for-fungus-v0-j17783nstb8b1.jpg

Police must have tracked her rubbish, they found the food dehydrator at the tip.

Forensic tests on a food dehydrator found at a Gippsland tip in Victoria are being done to see if it is linked to the deaths of three people who ate poisonous mushrooms.

Why is the location of Leongatha familiar somehow? Has something else happened there recently?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find this one pretty interesting to read about.

Then when you hear about the mystery illness to the ex husband last year that nearly killed him... plenty of reasons to be acting suspicious on this lady

These two combined suddenly gets pretty sketchy.

Ex had a severe mystery stomach illness last year, is invited to a lunch along with his parents, all the adult attendees except the chef are now dead or in intensive care.

This could hang her (so to speak )
This should be easy enough to verify

Unless someone's spiked the loose mushrooms at the shops with poisonous mushrooms. Doesn't really seem plausible though because I think someone would have noticed it.

We had people putting needles in to strawberries at one point.

Apparently she told police she bought the mushrooms at the shops 🙃
LOL, she is just dumb. Who would believe that. She could have got a bit more creative and said the kids were picking mushrooms and put them in the fridge and she used them without thinking twice about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Leongatha Mushroom Deaths - VIC *Erin Patterson charged with 3 counts of murder & 2 attempts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back