Leongatha Mushroom Deaths - VIC *Erin Patterson charged with 3 counts of murder & 2 attempts

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone spiking the mushrooms at the shop with poisonous ones doesn't explain why the cook and her two children avoided eating any of it.

Also - can anyone recall any other case of mushroom poisoning stemming from store-bought mushrooms rather than novice foragers? It's a very unlikely story.

Someone spiking the mushrooms at the shop with poisonous ones doesn't explain why the cook and her two children avoided eating any of it.
That can be explained by mushrooms are vile things, can’t understand how anyone could voluntarily eat such things.

Also - can anyone recall any other case of mushroom poisoning stemming from store-bought mushrooms rather than novice foragers? It's a very unlikely story.
And no one else had any issues with the store bought mushrooms besides her.

That can be explained by mushrooms are vile things, can’t understand how anyone could voluntarily eat such things.

Because they are delicious. Initially wouldn't have considered eating them at all but had a chance via eating them as a pizza topping. Enjoyed them enough that I started buying them from fruit shops and pan frying them. Oily as hell but veryyyyy delicious.

I'd never go out and pick my own though.

The dehydrator is very weird. Unless there is some extraordinary explanation this lady seems guilty as anything
Yes why would you throw it out? It was thrown out before she would have realised they were 'accidently poisoned' - am I right?

I mean there are plenty of legit reasons, but a big coincidence to throw it out this time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The one in the OP

She’s saying what she thinks people expect to hear from her in this situation, it’s not one bit genuine
I agree.

Look it's all very speculative (Australia famously didn't "approve" of Lindy Chamberlain's apparent aloofness after Azaria's death) but I just think if I had cooked dinner for people that innocently killed/harmed them I just wouldn't want to talk to the media full stop. I'd be feeling too sad/guilty whatever to give anything more than a "this is all horrible, please leave me alone"

Last edited:
Maybe she's just tried to poison them but not kill them.

I.e Just given them a dose that gives them horrible gastro etc.

Which is what she may have done to her ex the previous year and almost gone to far.

Unless someone's spiked the loose mushrooms at the shops with poisonous mushrooms. Doesn't really seem plausible though because I think someone would have noticed it.

We had people putting needles in to strawberries at one point.
This is what I'm afraid of, now this story is so huge atm. Any nut job could do this if the mood takes them.

Maybe she's just tried to poison them but not kill them.

I.e Just given them a dose that gives them horrible gastro etc.

Which is what she may have done to her ex the previous year and almost gone to far.
I read today that the whole purpose inviting the ex-in laws and ex over was because she wanted to get back together with her ex. The ex obviously had no interest in that whatsoever and cancelled at the last minute.

Still very bizarre situation all round, why do the in-laws have to be there for that in the first place?

The one in the OP

She’s saying what she thinks people expect to hear from her in this situation, it’s not one bit genuine
There's something off about it, as if it's decent acting but still obvious as 'acting'.

Should've said nothing, media are still absolute tools though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Leongatha Mushroom Deaths - VIC *Erin Patterson charged with 3 counts of murder & 2 attempts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back