Let's all laugh at Matthew Lobbe

Remove this Banner Ad

lol

You still have not answered the question. Why is it ok for Adelaide supporters to think that their team can make finals after finishing 11th last year but it is not ok for Port supporters to think their team can make the finals after finishing 5th last year?

Holy crap how are you this dumb? Anyone is allowed to think their team can make the finals.

What is HILARIOUS though - is how a supporter base can develop such arrogance in such a short period of time. I have never said Port should not aim for the finals - what I have said is it's funny that so many of you think you're a shoe-in on the back of last year.

What is HILARIOUS though - is how a supporter base can develop such arrogance in such a short period of time. I have never said Port should not aim for the finals - what I have said is it's funny that so many of you think you're a shoe-in on the back of last year.

Yet Crows supporters thinking they are a shoe in after finishing 11th last year is par for the course, serious business, nothing to see here? OK then, that's not hypocritical at all!! :rolleyes::oops:

Yep, you really owned us all Drakes. I don't know how we'll recovero_O

Holy crap how are you this dumb? Anyone is allowed to think their team can make the finals.

Port supporters haven't UNANIMOUSLY tipped us to make the finals like Crows supporters had last time I checked your 2014 prediction thread, despite the fact that we're coming off of a 5th placed finish and the Crows are coming off of an 11th placed finish. Crows supporters are more arrogant than Port supporters despite having less reason to be. Anybody who wasn't infected with double standards to the point of delusion like yourself would acknowledge this.

Hey Drakes, who do you think is going to finish higher on the ladder next year? Richmond (who have made the finals once in the past 13 years and haven't finished higher than seventh) or St Kilda (who have made the finals in 7 of the last 10 years and made two Grand Finals in that time)?

I'm gonna make a bold call and say Richmond. Wanna have a bet with me? Obviously since I'm going for such a long shot I'll need some good odds, but I'm willing to go as low as 10:1. If St Kilda finish higher I'll owe you $10, and if Richmond finish higher you'll owe me $100. Deal?

Still no answer on this either. I'll even give you 50/50 odds if you want, despite the fact that I'm going for such a huge longshot. Surely you're expecting St Kilda to finish higher than Richmond given your attitude towards past years in this thread?

No answer on whether 'A LOT' of people have called us the next Collingwood either. Just saying that you've answered everything doesn't mean that you actually have.

Port supporters haven't UNANIMOUSLY tipped us to make the finals like Crows supporters had last time I checked your 2014 prediction thread, despite the fact that we're coming off of a 5th placed finish and the Crows are coming off of an 11th placed finish. Crows supporters are more arrogant than Port supporters despite having less reason to be. Anybody who wasn't infected with double standards to the point of delusion like yourself would acknowledge this.

Still no answer on this either. I'll even give you 50/50 odds if you want, despite the fact that I'm going for such a huge longshot. Surely you're expecting St Kilda to finish higher than Richmond given your attitude towards past years in this thread?

No answer on whether 'A LOT' of people have called us the next Collingwood either. Just saying that you've answered everything doesn't mean that you actually have.

What a strange character you are turning out to be gp :( wanting to make a bet on who makes the finals between Saint Kilda & Richmond.:confused:

Yet Crows supporters thinking they are a shoe in after finishing 11th last year is par for the course, serious business, nothing to see here? OK then, that's not hypocritical at all!! :rolleyes::oops:

Yep, you really owned us all Drakes. I don't know how we'll recovero_O

Like talking to a brick wall :(

I'll say it again. There's no issue if people think their club can make the 8. Just about every club has their fair share of realists and biased supporters.

But the sheer arrogance of so many of your supporters is what astounds me. If it's not about the finals, it's about how your club has been "turned around", how Koch & KT are world beaters, how KEN HINKLEY OUR SAVIOUR is the best thing since sliced bread and IS Port Adelaide, how fantastic your midfield is blah blah blah. It's hilarious but no surprise to see.

For example, if Melbourne made the finals this year - yes it would be a vast improvement - but in the scheme of things it would be one decent year under a new coach on the back of many shit years (sound familiar) imagine then you get all the bandwagoners coming out of the woodwork and talking tough, telling us how Melbourne is back and talking top 4 finishes and premiership windows. I'm sure you wouldn't bat an eyelid at it right?

Yep, Port Adelaide has its share of biased supporters like any other side. We've never had anything like our BF supporters UNANIMOUSLY tipping our side to make the 8 the year after we finished 11th though. Now that's arrogance. And it wasn't just from 'a fair share' of supporters either. I know you had trouble with the meaning of the phrase 'a lot' so you'll definitely have to look up unanimous, but once you have done so, I'll accept your admission of your own rampant double standards and a heartfelt apology.

The only difference between the way Port supporters act and the way supporters of other teams act is that, as usual, your rampant hypocrisy causes you to apply different standards to us than to any other side.

Oh the irony.

Yep, Port Adelaide has its share of biased supporters like any other side. We've never had anything like our BF supporters UNANIMOUSLY tipping our side to make the 8 the year after we finished 11th though. Now that's arrogance. And it wasn't just from 'a fair share' of supporters either. I know you had trouble with the meaning of the phrase 'a lot' so you'll definitely have to look up unanimous, but once you have done so, I'll accept your admission of your own rampant double standards and a heartfelt apology.

The only difference between the way Port supporters act and the way supporters of other teams act is that, as usual, your rampant hypocrisy causes you to apply different standards to us than to any other side.

Unanimously huh? Every Adelaide supporter is tipping Adelaide to make the finals are they?

This is what, the fourth or fifth time you've brought up this fact? Seriously, it's like talking to a brick wall :(

Unanimously huh? Every Adelaide supporter is tipping Adelaide to make the finals are they?

Oh, you did look up the word unanimously! Well done.

But yes, as you'll see from this thread, each and every one of the 19 and counting Crows supporters who posted a top 8 so far have tipped the Crows to make finals. After they finished 11th in 2013, and despite having only made the finals once in the past 4 years. But because Port supporters expect to make the finals after finishing 5th last year, we're just HILARIOUSLY arrogant, right?

Last edited:
But the sheer arrogance of so many of your supporters is what astounds me. If it's not about the finals, it's about how your club has been "turned around", how Koch & KT are world beaters, how KEN HINKLEY OUR SAVIOUR is the best thing since sliced bread and IS Port Adelaide, how fantastic your midfield is blah blah blah. It's hilarious but no surprise to see.

Hey Drakes, I happened across the following quote on Bigfooty today: '"I wouldn't swap our midfield for anyone ... they're worthy of being called A-grade,". Just look at that arrogance! Can you imagine how arrogant somebody would have to be to say something like that about their team?

Now, here's a question for you. Guess which of the following people said this about their club's midfield?

A) A Port supporter on the Internet
B) The SENIOR COACH of the Adelaide Crows?

Like all clubs, Port have some arrogant supporters. But no other club has a SENIOR COACH so arrogant that he would make a statement like that about the midfield who took his side to 11th last year. But please, tell us more about how hilariously arrogant Port supporters are and how only Port supporters are guilty of double standards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Ken was to say something as stupid as how he wouldn't trade our midfield for one containing Pendlebury, Swan, Beams, Sidebottom etc then I'd be seriously questioning his mental health let alone his cognitive capacity to coach at AFL level. It's not just arrogant it's delusional.

If Ken was to say something as stupid as how he wouldn't trade our midfield for one containing Pendlebury, Swan, Beams, Sidebottom etc then I'd be seriously questioning his mental health let alone his cognitive capacity to coach at AFL level. It's not just arrogant it's delusional.

So you'd swap Boak & Hartlett for Swan & Beams?

Wowee... a coach rates his midfield group! :eek:

What would you say if Hinkley said he didn't rate Port's midfield?

Port supporter says Port have a fantastic midfield (apparently): Port Adelaide is so hilariously arrogant!
Crows SENIOR COACH says that the midfield which took your club to 11th last year is A-grade and he wouldn't swap them for any midfield in the league: Nothing to see here.

I'm so glad we have you here to protect us from double standards :hearts:

So you'd swap Boak & Hartlett for Swan & Beams?
124_burning_man.jpg

You see this Drakes, this is your strawman argument burning, along with the rest of the shit you have dribbled in this thread. Thread title needs to change to "Let's All Laugh At Drakescoffeecake"

Port supporter says Port have a fantastic midfield (apparently): Port Adelaide is so hilariously arrogant!
Crows SENIOR COACH says that the midfield which took your club to 11th last year is A-grade and he wouldn't swap them for any midfield in the league: Nothing to see here.

I'm so glad we have you here to protect us from double standards :hearts:

Hey GP - would you swap Boak & Hartlett for Swan & Beams?

124_burning_man.jpg

You see this Drakes, this is your strawman argument burning, along with the rest of the shit you have dribbled in this thread. Thread title needs to change to "Let's All Laugh At Drakescoffeecake"

It's all relevant. Senior coach rates his midfield group and you all get your knickers in a knot. I'd be more worried if Sanderson came out and said that he doesn't rate our midfield.

It's all relevant. Senior coach rates his midfield group and you all get your knickers in a knot. I'd be more worried if Sanderson came out and said that he doesn't rate our midfield.

If you don't consider what Sanderson said to be arrogant, then please provide quotes of all of the far more arrogant things that Port supporters have said about our midfield? You did list Port supporters talking about our midfield as one of the hilariously arrogant things we're apparently doing above all other clubs. So go ahead, provide quotes of something from the Port board that is more arrogant than THE SENIOR COACH OF A FOOTBALL CLUB saying that the midfield that took them to 11th last year is at the very least the equal best midfield in the league.

Hey GP - would you swap Boak & Hartlett for Swan & Beams?

I fail to see the point of your question in which you've arbitrarily selected two midfielders (not even the two best midfielders) from two teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's all laugh at Matthew Lobbe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back