Retired Levi Casboult finishes up - Thank you Levi

Remove this Banner Ad

ianh

Team Captain
Oct 14, 2008
Narre Warren South
AFL Club
Carlton
Just announced on website, retired after not being offered contract.
All the right words to honour a warrior who gave if his best other than unfortunately calling him an “impeding” target in attack. That might be the gaffe of all farewell gaffes but we know what they meant!

Made the most oif his career and will always have my respect for that.

A limited footballer who got the most out of himself (meant as a compliment).

Never should have been our main target up forward, would have been much better if/when he played alongside regular tall targets.

Thank you for all your efforts and contribution, including absolutely astonishing me with your form as a backman a couple of years ago.

While his injury-impacted 2021 was a pretty terrible way to go out, I think it says a lot that our list could use a young Casboult (like Jake Riccardi or Blake Longschlong or whatever his name is) possibly more than any other position right now.

1629159664510.png

Long live the double cobra!!!

His career could have sunk without a trace ;) - but worked hard on his deficiencies to become a very valuable member of the team who could pinch hit down back as well as effectively playing in the ruck and up forward- played this year under extreme duress to protect our extremely thin tall stocks and was unfairly maligned this year when all he was doing was his best to protect the deficiencies in our list caused by others.

Thanks Levi:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We call players like Levi heart and soul players for a reason, the man left a part of him on ever single one of those fields that he represented us on.

He put so much effort to work on his goal kicking, sacrificed himself in so many contests but most of all, did it with a beaming smile and undeniable love for our club.

We love you, Levi. One last double cobra for the road.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

All heart, and you can't say that about many blues players this century. Go well, Levi.

Probably too much heart, needed a bit more mongrel.

Best hands, bleeds blue, gave his all, didn't feel they did the right thing by him playing him on one knee this year, but he has been one of my favourites.

Well done Levi.
At one stage he was the best swingman in the league briefly. Capable forward, capable defender, capable ruck. Best contested mark in the league for a while there too.
Had deficiencies in front of goal, worked tirelessly to correct it and became quite accurate before injuries and time caught up with him.

Can't say that he didn't give it his all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Retired Levi Casboult finishes up - Thank you Levi

Remove this Banner Ad

Back