Autopsy 2024 Rd 10 Pack up the tents, we're going home. Swans smash Blues.

Who played well for the Blues in Round 10 vs the Swans?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m packing this one away never to be opened again and moving onto next week when we get some players back
Yep, it was a stinker.

I thought we would be competitive and had a good feeling before the game - two and a half hours later I had a different feeling, more like indigestion and vertigo…

Nothing happened when we got it into our fifty...what was Durdin doing in his 76% time on ground. 3 disposals (handballs) 1 tackel, no kicks...that was his lot for the night. Motlop still out but I think we need to be looking at some decent crumbers going forward. Game wasn't all lost there of course but this lack of effort last night was not good. Tommy looked like he just couldn't be bothered at times...and why does he have so much problem making a mark stick...he managed 1 solitary mark in his 68% ToG

if a bucket has one hole in it, it's a problem.

If it has 4 or 5 holes in it, it's a disaster....

That is us right now.
Yes but it depends where the holes are.

If the holes are at the top of the bucket it’s not too bad…we can still contain a fair bit of water.

But if the holes are in the lower critical part of the bucket, we’re going to leak more water.

Not to mention the bigger the hole the bigger the problem.

You mean a too small to play AfL midfield junior who we’ll try to turn into a small forward despite having no real goal sense…well I think we’ve well and truly got that position covered with Corey Durdin.

I liked him!

But nah... just noticed that we're back to moaning because last years 9th round 127th pick hasnt got a game yet despite averaging 12 touches in the VFL.

Yes but it depends where the holes are.

If the holes are at the top of the bucket it’s not too bad…we can still contain a fair bit of water.

But if the holes are in the lower critical part of the bucket, we’re going to leak more water.

Not to mention the bigger the hole the bigger the problem.
and using cheap putty to plug those holes aint working.

at one stage we looked to have decent depth but are now really stretched.

Not the week to bring up poor drafting in late rounds of drafts...”with pick 39 of the 2019 AFL National draft Sydney select Chad Warner”…

Meh, icing player on a very good team. Was invisible when it counted in the final last year. Anybody faster than a turtle looks good against us.

Not the week to bring up poor drafting in late rounds of drafts...”with pick 39 of the 2019 AFL National draft Sydney select Chad Warner”…
I had to double check - that could be pick of the century by the swans!

Other misses for us in that draft - Cody Weightman and SDK :'(

Instead we got Kemp (not a bad pick up) and Philp :'(

and using cheap putty to plug those holes aint working.

at one stage we looked to have decent depth but are now really stretched.
Any team would be stretched if they were hit with the number of injuries that we have been hit with.
4 or 5 mainly forced changes to the team each week doesn't help with playing with any sort of cohesion.

Apart from that though, effort wasn't there from a lot of our players last night. I can handle losing, I can't handle giving up without giving a yelp.

Like others have said, bin this one and move on to next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meh, icing player on a very good team. Was invisible when it counted in the final last year. Anybody faster than a turtle looks good against us.
He could have been the icing on the cake for Carlton - he is literally the player we are craving - but alas our talent ID staff at the time couldn’t be bothered looking beyond private schoolboy games in Melbourne.

Any team would be stretched if they were hit with the number of injuries that we have been hit with.
4 of 5 mainly forced changes to the team each week doesn't help with playing with any sort of cohesion.

Apart from that though, effort wasn't there from a lot of our players last night. I can handle losing, I can't handle giving up without giving a yelp.

Agree - we are absolutely stretched.

Something I heard a few of the commentators mention last night, the first time the Swans have won 9 of their first 10 games since 1945.

None of the ones I heard say it went on to mention that the Swans played in the GF that year only to lose it to.....Carlton :p

It was the infamous 'bloodbath' GF.

I had to double check - that could be pick of the century by the swans!

Other misses for us in that draft - Cody Weightman and SDK :'(

Instead we got Kemp (not a bad pick up) and Philp :'(
Not to mention we traded down in the first round of that draft the prior year to secure “the player we rated the 6th best player in the 2018 draft”, Liam Stocker, who slid to pick 19 after a dozen other clubs passing on him (some on multiple occasions). The total cost of that debacle was effectively Serong or Hayden Young. Its enough to make you sick…

Something I heard a few of the commentators mention last night, the first time the Swans have won 9 of their first 10 games since 1945.

None of the ones I heard say it went on to mention that the Swans played in the GF that year only to lose it to.....Carlton :p
Bloodbath grand final…bring it on!!!

The problem with our injuries is that it hampers our ability to drop players who had very poor games last night - standards need to be adhered to and statements need to be made - TDK needs to be dropped on that performance as do others but the cupboard is pretty bare.

It was the infamous 'bloodbath' GF.

It was and we snuck into fourth place that year to win it from there.

Nah i am going to stew about this all week and demand we sell most of the players and sack Voss and Andrew Russell :p

Nah i am going to stew about this all week and demand we sell most of the players and sack Voss and Andrew Russell :p
824bb8f0-e4f5-46d4-9849-ddca8593287b_text.gif

The problem with our injuries is that it hampers our ability to drop players who had very poor games last night - standards need to be adhered to and statements need to be made - TDK needs to be dropped on that performance as do others but the cupboard is pretty bare.
To be fair TDK is never going to reach his potential playing as a 2nd string ruckman.
Having TDK alongside Charlie & Harry is not the right mix, particularly on the SCG.

We have only won 2 from 6 with the two ruck combo, having more run in the side seems logical, three consecutive weeks of poor last quarters.

Back