News Lewis Taylor charged over crime spree (and stealing a seatbelt buckle)

Remove this Banner Ad

Lewy is a good fella. Kids get drunk and do dumb things sometimes. I'm sure the club is supportive.

I heard they were going to make him clean everyones windshields every day for a week, but decided it was to risky given his history...

Being pissed isn't an excuse to be a knob. Smashing car windows sober or not is never appropriate in any society. All you lewy lovers defending him is ridiculous. I can understand a mistake but not just breaking one but 4 my god you know what your doing is wrong yet he continued to do it. Nice at training or not a nob is a nob. What you all think is petty vandalism that can just be brushed aside is ridiculous. What if it was your car window he smashed? can you imagine your reaction if it wasn't the lions darling lewy Taylor. If it was josh bootsma or some random druggo off the street I guarantee all your reactions would be very different. Take your rose coloured glasses off a dick head act is a dick head act and he 100% should be suspended by the club for it. Fantastic he took ownership but for gods sake this isn't a line toeing is this is illegal or isn't it. Everyone knows smashing car windows is illegal and morally wrong. Stand by my statement what an absolute utter moron. Absolutely shocked at some of the reactions here.

Hopefully you're not in Lions welfare department.

Yes, stupid thing to do - but it sounds like a fair bit of media sensationalism here. Sounds like a couple of young men (probably drunk) jumped the fence at pick-a-part and smashed up some already damaged cars. Hardly what you'd call a "crime spree". A spree would involve multiple instances of criminal activity. No personal property damage, no theft of car radios to be sold out the back of the ute.
The owner of the wrecking yard has good reason to be unhappy and Taylor should be punished for his stupidity... but hardly a crime spree!

...and for all the people getting all self-righteous about expecting better from him blah blah blah - yes it was stupid, but plenty of people have done stupid stuff when 18 and drunk. I may have taken a leak the on Victoria State Parliament House in my misspent youth - nothing malicious, it was just the most out of sight place at the time! I'd could have been charged for it, but I got a nice police officer who had a bit of empathy for my young drunk stupid lack of thought. Plenty of young people have done worse and regretted it later!
So it's ok because he was 'drunk'. What about all the blokes that get drunk and sexually assault women, rape people and assault people is that ok cause they're 'drunk'? In before how can you compare petty vandalism to rape!!?!??! Quite easily. Drunk or not YOU are responsible for your actions. Smashing car windows is never ok. Dunno about anyone else but when you're drunk you know what your doing 100%. Yeah you might be a little looser and more susceptible to bad behaviour but **** me you know what your doing. I've done some bad things drunk and I knew what I was doing is wrong. Is it ok? **** no. Seriously everyone brushing this aside is ridiculous. But then again he's our darling little angel.

So it's ok because he was 'drunk'. What about all the blokes that get drunk and sexually assault women, rape people and assault people is that ok cause they're 'drunk'? In before how can you compare petty vandalism to rape!!?!??! Quite easily. Drunk or not YOU are responsible for your actions. Smashing car windows is never ok. Dunno about anyone else but when you're drunk you know what your doing 100%. Yeah you might be a little looser and more susceptible to bad behaviour but **** me you know what your doing. I've done some bad things drunk and I knew what I was doing is wrong. Is it ok? **** no. Seriously everyone brushing this aside is ridiculous. But then again he's our darling little angel.
Settle petal.

Was he drunk. Don't know if he was drunk. I've done some pretty silly stuff sober myself.

In a group of 40 odd young men, there will be some who do dickhead acts and never get over it and some who do them and do get over it.

You seem to be suggesting there's not much between him and Albert Proud?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being pissed isn't an excuse to be a knob. Smashing car windows sober or not is never appropriate in any society. All you lewy lovers defending him is ridiculous. I can understand a mistake but not just breaking one but 4 my god you know what your doing is wrong yet he continued to do it. Nice at training or not a nob is a nob. What you all think is petty vandalism that can just be brushed aside is ridiculous. What if it was your car window he smashed? can you imagine your reaction if it wasn't the lions darling lewy Taylor. If it was josh bootsma or some random druggo off the street I guarantee all your reactions would be very different. Take your rose coloured glasses off a dick head act is a dick head act and he 100% should be suspended by the club for it. Fantastic he took ownership but for gods sake this isn't a line toeing is this is illegal or isn't it. Everyone knows smashing car windows is illegal and morally wrong. Stand by my statement what an absolute utter moron. Absolutely shocked at some of the reactions here.

A stupid act doesn't make him a knob. It makes him a young guy who did something stupid. If it's not a pattern in his life then he should cop his wack, compensate the guy affected and move on.
Illegal is illegal? Luke Hodge got picked up for drink driving. Arguably worse than what Taylor did - but Hodge is still a pretty upstanding member of the football community (and so he should be).

People do stupid shit all the time and regret is later, issuing what is known as an apology. Petty vandalism is stupid, but he didn't stab, assault, steal... or do anything that causes harm to others.

One can only assume you've never done anything stupid in your life, in which case you must be some sort of saint.

Of course everyone's defending our lewy. This is insane. Seen all the pitchforks come out for Nixon, daw, the Hawthorne blokes, all the St Kilda scandals. What if someone claimed the Hawthorne guys were drunk and under the influence of mates as I've seen throughout the thread. No one see the irony? Look at how little sympathy Albert proud got? But he was drunk!!!! Under the influence of mates and his mrs was probably asking for it. Crime is crime. Period. No clubs suspension is nuts. I'm glad he's taken ownership and I'm sure he's a great kid but come on. What's really got me going is how you are all claiming the media are making a big go of it and it's not a big deal. Well Albert only beat his girlfriend half to death..... He's not that bad come on guys!!!!! Oh the irony the rose coloured glasses. Like I said crime is crime period. That's all I have to say on the matter.

We are not saying he should get off Leemas. We all know he'll be forced to pay for damages, probably get community service and the club will do something, but do you want him losing games? Getting a club fine? Being forced to stand down from roles?

What do you want, besides his blood?

Of course everyone's defending our lewy. This is insane. Seen all the pitchforks come out for Nixon, daw, the Hawthorne blokes, all the St Kilda scandals. What if someone claimed the Hawthorne guys were drunk and under the influence of mates as I've seen throughout the thread. No one see the irony? Look at how little sympathy Albert proud got? But he was drunk!!!! Under the influence of mates and his mrs was probably asking for it. Crime is crime. Period. No clubs suspension is nuts. I'm glad he's taken ownership and I'm sure he's a great kid but come on. What's really got me going is how you are all claiming the media are making a big go of it and it's not a big deal. Well Albert only beat his girlfriend half to death..... He's not that bad come on guys!!!!! Oh the irony the rose coloured glasses. Like I said crime is crime period. That's all I have to say on the matter.

Proud has absolutely not received any support about his actions.

That's because the crime he is accused of is a very serious one.

Jumping the fence of a wreckers to smash windows is not the same as allegedly raping girls. Crimes ain't crimes.

The stupidest thing I've ever done, I did in August 2013 and I've done it 6,251 times since.

My mind literally boggles. I am playing boggle with my mind.

That is less than 18 months ago. I can't think if anything I've done 6,251 times in the last eighteen months.

There's degrees of "crime". Trying compare what Taylor did with someone who causes physical harm is "black and white" stupidity...

nurse, he's out of bed without medication again......

Nah in all seriousness, this seems to have particularly riled you for some reason. He did something completely stupid, has owned up and is taking ownership of his actions. You seem to have lost a little perspective here. He made a bad blue, and he needs to be on his absolute best behaviour from now on, but one stupid drunken incident doesn't mean he is a bad person

Settle down dude.
The main point of your argument is mute. He did not rape someone. It is a massive step between vandalism and rape and I find it quiet disgusting that you are putting them in the same sentence.
What Lewy did was extremely stupid and I think more will come out of this story as to why the club hasn't taken a harder stance on him at this present time. Chill out mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Lewis Taylor charged over crime spree (and stealing a seatbelt buckle)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back