Speculation Liam Baker [reportedly headed west]

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Ive looked at the draft, and its really only 2-3 of the top 6 mids or Travaglia I want in the top 10, I highly doubt we get any of them with pick 9 or 10. Dont want Allan, Berry, or Hotton with a top 13 pick, id be hoping for Lindsay if we have 13 still
I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the recruiters office, this draft is deep with probably the first tier being 1-6 and the next through to 15

I like talent at my pointy end too, but the question is, are you better off in a deep draft to get a shot at 2 high end talents plus Baker, or just get Baker and have 1 shot?
The problem with your question is that you're not asking it out of genuine interest for West Coast's list. You're asking it out of interest for Richmond's list. That is completely fair and reasonable but it comes off strongly as disingenuous.

The simple answer is players at the top end of the draft have a statistically better chance of being elite players and having long careers. We need such players as much as you, as much as any other club. I understand that Richmond fans' goal this offseason is to collect all of the chips but we have to look after our corner. That means a pick no lower than 6, I would think ideally two top ten picks, and probably 4-5 picks inside the top 30 on top of any players we bring in.

That can certainly be achieved with our assets but it isn't going to happen by swapping pick 3 for Baker + 10. That isn't a good trade for us. Better trades from our side would be something like 3 + 13 for 6, 16 + Baker or 3 + F2 for 6, 29 + Baker (factoring in upgraded compensation for Graham in both trades). Richmond fans will no doubt scoff at those suggestions but pick 3 is the best asset on the table so something has to be in it for us as well.

Ideally, if we were to split pick 3, we would find a way to turn 3 + 13 into 6, 9 + Baker (with something else for you guys. Don't panic).

Get excited Eagles fans.
You're getting one of our best players, who would walk into any side's best 22.
He'll provide great leadership too.
I'm not happy he's gone, but my Mrs is an Eagles fan so that makes this bitter pill a bit easier to swallow!

Eagles fans not as adept at swallowing apparently.

Ideally, if we were to split pick 3, we would find a way to turn 3 + 13 into 6, 9 + Baker (with something else for you guys. Don't panic).

That’s a horrific deal for us. With everyone saying you can throw a blanket over 1-6, and another over 7-15ish were effectively giving you Baker for nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

89dd0c8b-5070-44ef-b885-597467e9549d_text.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem with your question is that you're not asking it out of genuine interest for West Coast's list. You're asking it out of interest for Richmond's list. That is completely fair and reasonable but it comes off strongly as disingenuous.

The simple answer is players at the top end of the draft have a statistically better chance of being elite players and having long careers. We need such players as much as you, as much as any other club. I understand that Richmond fans' goal this offseason is to collect all of the chips but we have to look after our corner. That means a pick no lower than 6, I would think ideally two top ten picks, and probably 4-5 picks inside the top 30 on top of any players we bring in.

That can certainly be achieved with our assets but it isn't going to happen by swapping pick 3 for Baker + 10. That isn't a good trade for us. Better trades from our side would be something like 3 + 13 for 6, 16 + Baker or 3 + F2 for 6, 29 + Baker (factoring in upgraded compensation for Graham in both trades). Richmond fans will no doubt scoff at those suggestions but pick 3 is the best asset on the table so something has to be in it for us as well.

Well, the suggestions here certainly aren't out of genuine interest for Richmonds list, that's for sure.

Glad he's not going to Freo - being in the West and having a soft spot for Freo who I watch live each week, I'm certain that he's not the one Freo needs "this is not the player you are looking for" (droid) . . .

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker [reportedly headed west]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back