Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Bakes seems to have dropped slightly in trade value since first discussed. In July it was a pick in the mid teens and now a second rounder.

He’s not flashy but he’s a heart and soul player and I’d love to have him at Freo. I personally reckon a second round pick would be a bargain.

Draft picks are always overrated on big footy for some reason.
Yeah if a club got Baker for an eary second rounder it would be a bargain. He is a very good role player in a good side. But top 15 picks can be difference makeks and gane changes so I cant see a top 15 pick being offered.

Ralph got torched. Someone grabbed his article which was a opinion and tried to say it was his inside knowledge. Now he is backtracking to the reality which was that Ralph was taking a wild guess.

I think the idea we are insanely keen on Liam Baker is absurd right now. Same situation as Jack Graham here. Liam Baker + the clubs wants in both trades arnt clear until we get a new coach. It could be very likely a new coach tells Baker he is too much of a garden gnome to get a game under him so Baker runs to Freo and the like

Ralph got torched. Someone grabbed his article which was a opinion and tried to say it was his inside knowledge. Now he is backtracking to the reality which was that Ralph was taking a wild guess.

I think the idea we are insanely keen on Liam Baker is absurd right now. Same situation as Jack Graham here. Liam Baker + the clubs wants in both trades arnt clear until we get a new coach. It could be very likely a new coach tells Baker he is too much of a garden gnome to get a game under him so Baker runs to Freo and the like

That garden gnome would be like your 5th best player.

A late first rounder for Baker
Hawthorn's pick 12 for Baker
Now pick 3 for Baker

Next up - Harley Reid for Baker
Ill Allow It Spanish GIF

Funny article with a ridiculous clickbait title.

Title - "Pick 3 to be involved in Baker trade"

Actual article - "WCE might offer up pick 3 to trade back for Bo Allen"

Yeah Ralph, remind us how WCE 'traded back' for Curtin last year like you were sure they would, you utter dunce.
Didnt they try to, like 3 times?

There was noise you were wanting to trade a future 1st for the chance to get him
That's not trading back for Curtin though, like the Vic media mob kept saying we'd do with pick 1 last year, because they couldn't fathom the idea that we'd pick a Victorian with our first pick and not a WA player.

Ralph is suggesting this again in this rubbish article.

I reckon 10 and Baker for 3 is fair but I am sure WC supporters will disagree.
I recon it's highway robbery. 3 to 6 with Baker is fair if you get 6. The top end of drafts are usually extremely hard to get into despite what people say about this draft being even.

Freo traded 3 for Cam McCarthy (RIP), Pick 7, Pick 34 + Pick 72. Maybe WC could look to get a few more 2nd round picks in for a Pick 3 to Pick 9 + Baker downgrade to really go hard this draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I recon it's highway robbery. 3 to 6 with Baker is fair if you get 6. The top end of drafts are usually extremely hard to get into despite what people say about this draft being even.

Freo traded 3 for Cam McCarthy (RIP), Pick 7, Pick 34 + Pick 72. Maybe WC could look to get a few more 2nd round picks in for a Pick 3 to Pick 9 + Baker downgrade to really go hard this draft.
It would be interesting to know our targets but I would think pick 9 is getting too low for a first pick. That said, I also don't see how Richmond are getting a better pick than that.

For those wondering Ralph's intel at this stage of the year, this is what he was speculating last year

As West Coast prepares to meet him — and clubs like Melbourne and Essendon go ga-ga over Curtin – the question for North Melbourne and the Eagles is whether the brilliant triple-threat fits their needs more than Reid?
Melbourne overlooked him

For West Coast, the ability to split pick one and turn it into Curtin and another top-15 pick has massive appeal, given Curtin would give 12-plus years of service as an Eagle.
The Roos could end up securing pick 3 as Ben McKay free agency compensation, which could hand them picks two and three in the draft yet again.
They could offer pick 2 and the Power’s first-rounder they have in their keeping (from the Jason-Horne Francis deal) for Reid.

Not sure why WC for give up draft capital for a soon to be 27, neat B grader that averages less than 20 possessions a game.

By the time WC are competitive he will be long retired. WC like the Tigers are yet to hit rock bottom.

If he was a free agent sure go after him, but to trade - madness.

I t is not like he is filling a hole to make the side more competitive in finals

Lol.

How embarrassing for you if that is the outcome. :tearsofjoy:;)

Some seriously invested Tigers supporter's on here.
Not really 🤷‍♂️

Will you be embarrassed if pick 3 is part of it? Wouldnt have thought so?

Of course we are invested, wtf?

Weird GIF by MOODMAN

A player of Bakers ability is worth more than a 3 pick upgrade 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back