Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

I see the comment he will remain at Richmond as crap. He won't be. He will be either playing for West Coast or Fremantle next year.
They both want him, he won't be at Punt Road.
Again.... I am still surprised that Richmond only signed him until his 7th season. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Usually certain players have been at your club for 4 or 5 years, you don't give them 2 year extentions. You give them 3 or 4 years extensions to make them free agents.

We'll give you Lachy Reid and 59 for 73. 14 pick upgrade there.

quiet tim and eric GIF

I guess it depends on players' preferences I guess. If I'm Liam Baker, I probably want to have an idea of what my role would be before I sign on.
Reminds me of when Freo traded in to get Nathan Wilson at GWS.

The GWS Giants complained of the trade at the time as dockers handed them a future 2nd rounder.

GWS fans complained that the picks was gonna be like pick 30-32 as they though Freo were gonna make finals or contend for finals.

Dockers fans convinced them we are still in the rebuild. That pick ended up as pick 23 as Freo finished 14th.

This is what I predict will happen. Liam Baker will nominate eagles.

Eagles will say.... Take our current pick 23 or eagles 2025 2nd rounder.

Tigers will wait... Then final day take the eagles 2025 2nd rounder.

Reminds me of when Freo traded in to get Nathan Wilson at GWS.

The GWS Giants complained of the trade at the time as dockers handed them a future 2nd rounder.

GWS fans complained that the picks was gonna be like pick 30-32 as they though Freo were gonna make finals or contend for finals.

Dockers fans convinced them we are still in the rebuild. That pick ended up as pick 23 as Freo finished 14th.

This is what I predict will happen. Liam Baker will nominate eagles.

Eagles will say.... Take our current pick 23 or eagles 2025 2nd rounder.

Tigers will wait... Then final day take the eagles 2025 2nd rounder.
The Wilson example would only work if we were to get Hawthorn's F2 for Barrass and offer that. I expect us to give up our own F2 as well.

I can't believe a thread about Liam Baker has over 5,000 replies. He is good but ghee whiz.
Liam baker is good.

Does he add value to the dockers? Yep. Would he be in freos best 23? Easily.

At worst he is on the bench. At best throw him on a forward flank, back flank or on the wing.

If Baker was Victorian and a free agent, dead certain 3 or 4 clubs would chase him and hand him a semi decent contract

The Wilson example would only work if we were to get Hawthorn's F2 for Barrass and offer that. I expect us to give up our own F2 as well.
If given the choice, would you hand over the eagles 2025 2nd rounder knowing the eagles will finish on the bottom 6? Essentially handing pick 22 or 23 or 24 or even 25 for Baker?

If given the choice, would you hand over the eagles 2025 2nd rounder knowing the eagles will finish on the bottom 6? Essentially handing pick 22 or 23 or 24 or even 25 for Baker?
I think that would be the least painful option for us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Baker doesn’t nominate Freo, what we can pay has no bearing and West Coast will get him for a second…nothing surer.

If he’s still undecided, Freo would be getting their business done and would be comfortable on giving a second for Baker after Bolton, Warner, Pickett is settled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back