Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

I'm aware of how it works

I'm also aware that there's a CEO and GM of football who will also have their own input into the list and aren't just going to let the list manager do whatever the hell he wants.

Most likely, they'll discuss where they see the the list in a few year's time and will direct the list manager to provide options accordingly.

Hate to break it to you but they're not going to let Clark gimp our draft position and split 3 and give up a top 10 pick for Baker...
In a professional sporting organisation a CEO should have no input into the list. They employ members of the football dept to do that.

You don’t seriously think otherwise?

In a professional sporting organisation a CEO should have no input into the list. They employ members of the football dept to do that.

You don’t seriously think otherwise?

We would've loved that, considering Nisbett ran WCE's list management ever since Rawlings left, sat in on every draft, etc.

Different clubs operate differently.

For instance, Richmond have a 'GM of talent', yet Richmond supporters in this very thread keep on thinking that Clark was your list manager, when he was actually your national recruiting manager, which are 2 different things.

We would've loved that, considering Nisbett ran WCE's list management ever since Rawlings left, sat in on every draft, etc.

Different clubs operate differently.

For instance, Richmond have a 'GM of talent', yet Richmond supporters in this very thread keep on thinking that Clark was your list manager, when he was actually your national recruiting manager, which are 2 different things.
Well Blair Hartley is our list manager.
He looks after the list strategy.

Clarke looked after the draft at Richmond but now has a list manager role at WC.

I wouldn’t imagine Brendan Gale have any say in our recruiting or drafting. You think that your CEO would have a say in these decisions? That’s bewildering.

Well Blair Hartley is our list manager.
He looks after the list strategy.

Clarke looked after the draft at Richmond but now has a list manager role at WC.

Looks like you're the first Richmond poster in this thread to realise this, lol.

I wouldn’t imagine Brendan Gale have any say in our recruiting or drafting. You think that your CEO would have a say in these decisions? That’s bewildering.

No, I'm telling you our CEO did have a say in this. In fact, he managed our list since Darren Glass left.

As with all of this crud - it comes down to price.

Richmond would want value for their rebuild - they then weigh up does the offered value help the build versus keeping a discontented player on the list.

No way West Coast aren't jumping on pick 3 (ish) and drafting the best available midfielder.....that means pick 23 which doesn't feel quite right.

Fremantle have the draft capital but I'm thinking we're after a ready made best 18 to push the needle ....I personally don't see that as Baker. If we don't land a Warner or Bolton - I'd rather us trade 2 of our first rounders this year into future picks for next year. I mean we could throw up pick 25 but again it feels short.

Just feels like this will happen following a few trades. If Bolton was coming, might be easier to swing resources.

Tigers have nothing to lose - just need to weigh up.

History tells you the Eagles bounce back. A Flag and some times two every decade and few GFs thrown in there too. Our boy Baker would know that well being an Eagle at heart and maybe just wants to jump on.
Yeah thats history

With the current eagles list with very little draft capital or assets to trade to get picks and Tassie coming in
Cannot see the eagles doing anything for the rest of this decade and they have already been at North level now for 4-5 years.
Not gonna happen

Richmond would want value for their rebuild - they then weigh up does the offered value help the build versus keeping a discontented player on the list.

No way West Coast aren't jumping on pick 3 (ish) and drafting the best available midfielder.....that means pick 23 which doesn't feel quite right.

Fremantle have the draft capital but I'm thinking we're after a ready made best 18 to push the needle ....I personally don't see that as Baker. If we don't land a Warner or Bolton - I'd rather us trade 2 of our first rounders this year into future picks for next year. I mean we could throw up pick 25 but again it feels short.

Just feels like this will happen following a few trades. If Bolton was coming, might be easier to swing resources.

FReo were sniffing and made the first offer and looks like Baker has told fremantle - Nah thanks but nah

FReo were sniffing and made the first offer and looks like Baker has told fremantle - Nah thanks but nah

After watching him play against us ...I think we can say it might be mutual.

Yeah thats history

With the current eagles list with very little draft capital or assets to trade to get picks and Tassie coming in
Cannot see the eagles doing anything for the rest of this decade and they have already been at North level now for 4-5 years.
Not gonna happen
History will tell you we're never down for that long.
Unlike when your mob was shit for 30 years.

Keep on going though.
Nearly 500 posts up:thumbsu:

Keep on going though.
As i said its History and no guarantee's that happens going foward
I can get to a 1000 posts as this thread is about a Richmond player

But yours is just infatuation with Baker and my posting
I have you hooked and following me every thread

my pocket

It feels this way.

Fyfe and Walters need to be replaced end of next year.

If Warner doesn’t come this year, then three firsts next year could be very handy, either way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As i said its History and no guarantee's that happens going foward
I can get to a 1000 posts as this thread is about a Richmond player

But yours is just infatuation with Baker and my posting
I have you hooked and following me every thread

my pocket
No infatuation with Baker or you.

Most oppo supporters seem reasonable to debate with.

But every time someone mentions a trade that you don't think is good enough, you just slag them and their club off.

It's not just in the Baker thread.

No infatuation with Baker or you.

Most oppo supporters seem reasonable to debate with.

But every time someone mentions a trade that you don't think is good enough, you just slag them and their club off.

It's not just in the Baker thread.
Like i said stop following me , Every post i make i get quoted by you

M y Pocket

Good. Means you can negotiate with West Coast. A team thats looking for a new coach because the board had issue with how their match committee wasnt playing enough youth and not going hard enough on their rebuild. Looks like either this years second or WC next years 2nd would be the best offer you'll get. Even then I think there's a big chance WC say they're not interested anymore as they want to maximise thier draft picks so they might not even offer a second rounder.

Keep on going though.
Were the Tigers rubbish for 30 years previously or was that a new thing at the time?

WC has never been this bad before. In fact, there are only a few handfuls of teams that have. It’s going to take an enormous effort to just get regularly competitive again.

If that’s the case, they’ve learnt nothing.
Gotta know where your list is at … what good has Kelly really done them.
Would have to think WC will be pouring every possible resource into the draft now before Tassie arrive.
In full rebuild mode, can’t see the eagles investing in Baker …
Need quality players in the 24-28 year range. Need players ti show them standards and leadership on the oval.

They ain’t giving away a top 10 pick for him.

You can’t just load up on 18-20year kids, you just go through a cycle that all those other bottom interstate teams did and the young blokes head home and it’s a continuous rebuild. Also can’t pay overs for 27yo. I personally only do it, if they trade TB.

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back