Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

What a crock

You realise anyone on BF can read any teams trade thread don’t you

Maybe you think anything people say on club boards are secret

Tigers “ we need PICKS “

Eagles “ we need PICKS “

Freo “ 900k ? NFW “

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Have lay down son and lets see who is the biggest LOSER

Your memory isn't so flash. 2019 he finished equal 13th, with Cotchin, Nankervis and Riewoldt playing limited games. He realistically would have been around the bottom 6 (still a good effort) of a premiership best 22.

He did finish 6th the next season. But Nankervis, Prestia, Edwards, Houli, Astbury missed half the season and would have finished above him otherwise. And other guys Baker just beat like Lynch, Riewoldt, Cotchin ... nobody in their right mind would say Baker is better than them. Again, he is down near the bottom 6 of a good side.

If he comes to Freo, we obviously aren't as good as peak Richmond, so he would be a bit better than a bottom 6 player in our best 22. But not by much. He'd be in the 12th-15th bracket.

Can't be bothered searching the rest, but finishing high in the B&F can be misleading. We've had guys like Tucker, Schultz, Ethan Hughes finish high up in our B&Fs. Baker has probably finished ahead of Dusty in some B&Fs.
Can’t be bothered researching the rest

But you can be bothered writing this garbage lol

You will pay it and you will love it

Rubbish. Baker's form has dropped off so much its highly unlikely WC's second rounder would be on the table now. Good news for you. Richmond will rate him higher than WC and Fremantle so he'll likely resign. Hopefully for your sake Richmond never has to play him as a full time midfielder ever again as he is a defensive liability when playing as a midfielder.
So by this reasoning, a couple of great games and he could be worth pick 3???

Cant have it both ways, although we know you'll try :heart:

Freo are a minnow club perhaps

Yeah minnow club with the third highest profit / bank balance in the league and 5th highest home ground attendance over the first half of the 2020’s (was 4th highest until Essendon’s resurgence this year).
Just because the AFL media don’t understand they’re not on local breakfast radio when they then rock up to host a national tv show doesn’t mean the Freo assets and supporter base aren’t one of the biggest in the country.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah minnow club with the third highest profit / bank balance in the league and 5th highest home ground attendance over the first half of the 2020’s (was 4th highest until Essendon’s resurgence this year).
Just because the AFL media don’t understand they’re not on local breakfast radio when they then rock up to host a national tv show doesn’t mean the Freo assets and supporter base aren’t one of the biggest in the country.

Don’t have to react to every silly jibe mate, I like freo, your club has some soul , unlike some others. Your supporters are quite feral tbf

Don’t have to react to every silly jibe mate, I like freo, your club has some soul , unlike some others. Your supporters are quite feral tbf

All good mate, more a dig at the Vic media who seem to forget we’re in an 18 team comp!
Doing my bit to educate them as I’m sure many of them log in and get half their “big breaks” from Big Footy!🤣

lol

You need to remember the jibes we get along these lines are constant. Omnipresent. We get them all the time too from supporters of the smaller Melbourne teams as if any two of them put together wasn't still struggling to match our size.

Last edited:
You need to remember the jibes we get along these lines are constant. Omnipresent. We get them all the time too from supporters of the smaller Melbourne teams as if any two of them put together wasn't still struggling to match our size.
The interwebs aint that serious bro.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread is a good chuckle, does anyone here actually have a position in their team's recruitment department?

Richmond Fans : We love Baker, but give us your best pick or GAGF
Richmond: We want Baker to stay
Richmond AFL Media: Baker wants to go to West Coast, but they will have to split their 1st round pick

Freo Fans: We'd love Baker but not for that price GAGF
Freo: We want Baker, he would be a great fit for our side in the premiership window
Freo AFL media: Freo sends a couple of their best players to meet Baker to get him to choose them

West Coast Fans: We don't have any top picks so accept our 2nd rounder or GAGF
West Coast: We'd love Baker, but we will wait to see which club he picks.
West Coast AFL media: West Coast could split their 1st pick possibly with Freo and use one to trade for Baker

:tearsofjoy:

Seems bizarre to me that should he want to go home he so clearly wants to go to the Eagles

What’s going on at Freo that they can’t get that preference pick over the line?

Despite Ralphy and so forth trying to pump up Baker's value, Freo would likely have offered him a contract much less than the reported $800-900k level. With the other players we have to pay, his value to Freo would be at around the $600k mark, and for that money it would be hard to get Baker interested.

So by this reasoning, a couple of great games and he could be worth pick 3???

Cant have it both ways, although we know you'll try :heart:
If Baker could show he can be elite as a midfielder over a series of games he'd be worth pick 10-16. Continuing the rubbish he's worth anywhere near a top 3 pick is utterly absurd. He's shown he can be effective as a small flanker tyoe forward and back who does the one percenters and thats why he finishes high in best and fairest counts. Anyway he looks likelt to stay because neither WA clun will make an offer in line with his market value by the looks.

If Baker could show he can be elite as a midfielder over a series of games he'd be worth pick 10-16. Continuing the rubbish he's worth anywhere near a top 3 pick is utterly absurd. He's shown he can be effective as a small flanker tyoe forward and back who does the one percenters and thats why he finishes high in best and fairest counts. Anyway he looks likelt to stay because neither WA clun will make an offer in line with his market value by the looks.

yeah mate, I know, but so is this 3rd round snot that old mate was carrying on about based on 2 games FFS.

Can’t be bothered researching the rest

But you can be bothered writing this garbage lol

You will pay it and you will love it

Couldn't be bothered because it is irrelevant to Freo how Baker ranks in a poor side. Of relevance are the first few years I refer to when Richmond were up and about. And it's not garbage. It's reality. The garbage was you claiming Baker finished 9th in the 2019 B&F when that is factually incorrect.

yeah mate, I know, but so is this 3rd round snot that old mate was carrying on about based on 2 games FFS.
You might want to re-read what I said. Basically Im saying its unlikely either WA club will offer market value for Baker. If Baker had proven he could be elite rotating mid then his value would be higher is more my point.

Couldn't be bothered because it is irrelevant to Freo how Baker ranks in a poor side. Of relevance are the first few years I refer to when Richmond were up and about. And it's not garbage. It's reality. The garbage was you claiming Baker finished 9th in the 2019 B&F when that is factually incorrect.

so bakers form when richmond are good is relevant?

In 2020 Richmond won the flag.

In 2020 Baker finished 6th in the best team in the afl

In 2022 Baker finished 4th in the best and fairest, and richmond made the finals

I guess richmond where good, and Baker was one of our best players

I think you belong on my ignore list as you are completely delusional. and debating with you adds nothing.

Complete waste of time

Freo will pay and they will love it

so bakers form when richmond are good is relevant?

In 2020 Richmond won the flag.

In 2020 Baker finished 6th in the best team in the afl

In 2022 Baker finished 4th in the best and fairest, and richmond made the finals

I guess richmond where good, and Baker was one of our best players

I think you belong on my ignore list as you are completely delusional. and debating with you adds nothing.

Complete waste of time

Freo will pay and they will love it
Baker's a good role player and by no means a star. His form has dropped off in a contract year and that always effects trade value.

What a player !!!! every fan from 3 teams begging , hoping and cheering* for him to not be at their club

* that includes tiggy dribblers pretending the want him to stay as if that will get them a better pick

Freo bound for sure IMO stupid POS trades are in our DNA and it would feel like ages since the ****heads in charge traded for that useless campaigner JOM and they are probably having withdrawal symptoms

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
This is what I was thinking.

The people who seem most keen for Baker to go to WCE and Freo are Richmond fans. Eagles and Docker fans are kind of meh on the whole prospect.

Please explain ???🤣

When people post lol its because they either have no comeback and know they have a weak argument.

Or its a counter lol replying to their lol just to show them how lame their response was.

This poster is the first.

Love the frothing and excitment from the Tigers faithful about that Victorian circle jerk article about paying up. Pretty sure Baker said a decent pick is needed not a LATE 2nd rounder. Well that sounds like an early 2nd satisfies his concerns and moral concious. So the Eagles 2nd he would be ok with. Fancy that hey? ;) ;):)

Almost like he is setting the bar on what pick he thinks is fair for both parties. A late 2nd isnt good enough.

Early 2nd in this draft still gets a promising kid. Both teams fans wont be happy with that which says plenty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back