Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

I love the fact that people think they would only want to leave Melbourne to be near family. Id say not getting mobbed by drug addicts in the city, paying 50% less for a house, actually having a hospital see you when you visit as opposed to push you into a corridor to hope you get magically better, a place to take your kids to school where they learn.... All these things do have a impact too...

People like Baker dont come back to see Mummy. They come back because they know how much of a better life they can provide their family in Perth compared to the city that pays 26 mill per day on debt

Id say not getting mobbed by drug addicts in the city, paying 50% less for a house, actually having a hospital see you when you visit as opposed to push you into a corridor to hope you get magically better, a place to take your kids to school where they learn....
Rules out perth then

Perths drug addicts are more friendly. Not sure why. Probably because its warmer here or something
Its probably due to your better hospitals, better schools and cheaper houses ;)

Dont forget the lower crime rate, better weather and that mining money
Hey this is your party bro, I am just a guest. Nothing worse than a stressed out junkie, you might be onto something.

I love the fact that people think they would only want to leave Melbourne to be near family. Id say not getting mobbed by drug addicts in the city, paying 50% less for a house, actually having a hospital see you when you visit as opposed to push you into a corridor to hope you get magically better, a place to take your kids to school where they learn.... All these things do have a impact too...

People like Baker dont come back to see Mummy. They come back because they know how much of a better life they can provide their family in Perth compared to the city that pays 26 mill per day on debt
Literally none of those things are true though?

1. I've never been mobbed or even confronted in the city. Perth is a staggering 2.1% lower on the crime index. The 5th and 6th highest cities in the country.

2. The median house price is around 20% cheaper, not even close to 50.

3. I was in hospital ED for a non critical issue about 2 months ago and was in a bed 2 hours later.

Elective surgery wait median wait time is about 21 days less in VIC compared the WA.

As for ED wait time in 2024 - "WA is the worst in the nation when it comes to seeing urgent patients on time, well below the national average of 58 per cent."

4. New South Wales and Victoria dominate every year’s “Top 100 schools list”. For 2023, these states accounted for 86 of the top primary schools and 79 of the top secondary schools. Queensland and Western Australia fought for the scraps (with just 6 of the highest-scoring primary schools each, and Queensland having 12 of the highest-scoring secondary schools compared with 8 in WA).

-‐‐----‐------------

Hell of a chip on your shoulder there champion 👍

You lost it at Perth being a better place re drug addicts...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys know that playing for a Vic side can extend your career by prob 50 games (if you make it) compared to WA sides so are wanting to start in Vic.

Baker coming home is probably a financial thing/end of career top up

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Literally none of those things are true though?

1. I've never been mobbed or even confronted in the city. Perth is a staggering 2.1% lower on the crime index. The 5th and 6th highest cities in the country.

2. The median house price is around 20% cheaper, not even close to 50.

3. I was in hospital ED for a non critical issue about 2 months ago and was in a bed 2 hours later.

Elective surgery wait median wait time is about 21 days less in VIC compared the WA.

As for ED wait time in 2024 - "WA is the worst in the nation when it comes to seeing urgent patients on time, well below the national average of 58 per cent."

4. New South Wales and Victoria dominate every year’s “Top 100 schools list”. For 2023, these states accounted for 86 of the top primary schools and 79 of the top secondary schools. Queensland and Western Australia fought for the scraps (with just 6 of the highest-scoring primary schools each, and Queensland having 12 of the highest-scoring secondary schools compared with 8 in WA).

-‐‐----‐------------

Hell of a chip on your shoulder there champion 👍
It's actually only 3.4% difference now between Melbourne and Perth. Perth has gone through the roof lately.

CityMonthQuarterAnnualTotal returnMedian value
Sydney0.5%1.1%6.3%9.6%$1,170,152
Melbourne-0.2%-0.6%1.3%4.9%$783,205
Brisbane1.2%3.7%15.8%20.5%$859,240
Adelaide1.7%4.7%15.4%20.0%$767,974
Perth2.0%6.4%23.6%29.5%$757,399
Hobart0.1%-0.3%-0.1%4.0%$645,850
Darwin0.0%1.0%2.4%9.0%$504,687
Canberra0.3%0.8%2.2%6.4%$870,071
Combined capitals0.7%1.8%8.3%12.3%$878,414
Combined regional0.6%1.9%7.0%11.8%$627,872
National0.7%1.8%8.0%12.2%$793,883

Melbourne's city culture, other sports events, more games of AFL, proximity to snowfields, Montague st Bridge crashes, more friendly environment for nerds, that weird leaning thing over the freeway.
That's all great, if you happen to like other sports, the snow and can be arsed going to multiple games a weekend.

If you're one of the many that doesn't enjoy those things, it's just another, expensive, city.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back