Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Yeah it’s funny why they are offering him a long term contract if that’s the case.

Geez Peter Bell is sending out some mixed signals.
Almost as if the club thinks different to Bigfooty ‘experts’
He would be offering long term contracts to all 15 players above...

Which of the 11 named do you think Baker is better then? And do you think Richmond would turn down Draper/Chapman/Walker in a deal ?

Come on mate you would need to be naive to believe the 600k

Baker at Richmond was on that or over with an increase likely and 3 clubs chasing Daniels just reports what he believes the WA supporters want to hear. 500k+ will be the average next year and impossible that baker will leave Richmond for 200k less

Makes sense why Serong and Brayshaw would meet with baker and try to convince him to come if our money wasn’t as good as WC or Richmonds.

Makes sense why Serong and Brayshaw would meet with baker and try to convince him to come if our money wasn’t as good as WC or Richmonds.
I mean, you could argue the other way that they REALLY want him and therefore also paying him more as well. Both could be true, we don't know from sending AB and Serong

He would be offering long term contracts to all 15 players above...

Which of the 11 named do you think Baker is better then? And do you think Richmond would turn down Draper/Chapman/Walker in a deal ?
We offered Jaeger a long term deal lmao. You should almost be worried if you're in your 20s and Freo aren't offering you a long term deal.

When does this not happen? Guarantee you Oscar and Duggan spoken with Baker too. Its never not going to happen so not sure why media focus on it as important

When does this not happen? Guarantee you Oscar and Duggan spoken with Baker too. Its never not going to happen so not sure why media focus on it as important

I agree with this - players catching up with potential recruits sounds pretty mundane to me.

I guess the only relevance in this case is the fact the media got wind of it - which I guess is some sort of manoeuvring from whoever leaked it?

It signals interest for sure, but I wouldn’t read too deeply into it

Richmond are in a position where we have salary cap space in 2025 and desperately need high draft picks to accelerate our rebuild.

It’s not something our club has done before but honestly the club has to be extremely creative to make it happen and we should be all for paying salaries of someone like Baker at another club to get a worthy pick.

If it means Freo could front end his contract and we pay 50% of his salary for the first season or two honestly I’d be all for it for the right pick.

Could be a win win where it reduces any salary cap squeeze on the dockers and enables them to inject a brilliant role player with premiership experience into a squad that’s now having a great season and have the makings of a solid 5 year tilt at it.

Yeah it’s funny why they are offering him a long term contract if that’s the case.

I work in IT and get offers on LinkedIn recruiters all the time.

Guess what? The positions they say they're offering are more money than my current role.

Wanna know why they do this?

Because nobody's going to move from where they are for the same/less money.

This silly idea of clubs 'massively' rating players due tot he contract length and money on offer isn't based on reality.

It simply means that clubs know they have to offer a bigger contract and more years than what their current club is offering for the player to put themselves through the inconvenience of leaving their current club.

It doesn't mean they value them at a higher draft pick.

I work in IT and get offers on LinkedIn recruiters all the time.

Guess what? The positions they say they're offering are more money than my current role.

Wanna know why they do this?

Because nobody's going to move from where they are for the same/less money.
No wonder there has been mass redundancies in tech companies recently.

Offering more than what talent is worth is a terrible plan.

Hopefully the value you provide to your company is commensurate to your financial compensation. It’s the ones that don’t that are normally first in the gun when times get tough.

No wonder there has been mass redundancies in tech companies recently.

Offering more than what talent is worth is a terrible plan.

Hopefully the value you provide to your company is commensurate to your financial compensation. It’s the ones that don’t that are normally first in the gun when times get tough.

Have there? No idea, I work in cloud.

There's a skills shortage in Cloud, to the point they hire mostly unqualified people and train them on the job, simply because it's only in the past couple of years that technical colleges and Universities have actually been doing courses on those platforms.

It's mostly old, redundant on-prem stuff that's struggling, as it's expensive and outdated.

Cloud stuff is booming.

Have there? No idea, I work in cloud.

There's a skills shortage in Cloud, to the point they hire mostly unqualified people and train them on the job, simply because it's only in the past couple of years that technical colleges and Universities have actually been doing courses on those platforms.

It's mostly old, redundant on-prem stuff that's struggling, as it's expensive and outdated.

Cloud stuff is booming.
Sounds good, even pods can get good money.
You sound more experienced than the majority.
Make out like a bandit while you can.

Sounds good, even pods can get good money.
You sound more experienced than the majority.
Make out like a bandit while you can.

Just gotta keep with the industry trends, I guess.

Know a guy who just keeps doubling down on old tech, even though the industry is moving away from it.

Sometimes you can find your niche, but that just makes it way more difficult to progress your career in the long run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean, you could argue the other way that they REALLY want him and therefore also paying him more as well. Both could be true, we don't know from sending AB and Serong
Not sure why supporters do this and all supporter bases do it and for some reason try to justify that their club wont over pay in dollars to get a player to move and some how believe the player moves because he wants to play at that team

It can happen but in most cases it doesnt and the player trying to get the player to move pays more than the club the player is currently playing at.

In Bakers case he has 3 clubs wanting him and making him offers
now this guy is no chance of accepting a contract to move for less money when apart from his last 2 years has been on min chips and is now about to sign his last contract in a limited career

Baker will be getting paid min $800k no matter where he plays and i wouldnt be surprised if its even as high as $900k at the eagles

But why would we care what he gets paid once he is at the club

So basically Richmond want a top 10 pick for a 27 year old undersized tagger averaging less then 20 possessions with terrible disposal

You pay extra draft picks for younger players cause you think they can improve enough to cover the cost

Only a moron club pays top picks for older players unless they are absolute top liners in a position of desperate need

Fully expect Freo to cough up

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back