Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

So you think what Im saying is crap but the trade Im proposing is actually their secodn rounder and change when what you are suggesting is simply thier second rounder. By the way what Im actually saying is I don't think Richmond will agree with that trade suggestion so there will be a stalemate and if that happens I think Richmond will up their financial offer and he'll stay. I cant see him nominating to get to the PSD.

I see the comment he will remain at Richmond as crap. He won't be. He will be either playing for West Coast or Fremantle next year.
They both want him, he won't be at Punt Road.

I see the comment he will remain at Richmond as crap. He won't be. He will be either playing for West Coast or Fremantle next year.
They both want him, he won't be at Punt Road.
I'm saying your crap call was crap as I cant see Richmond agreeing to that deal. Ironically I think Baker has more trade value than you do.,

Your right there, Baker is very good but he isn't getting us a 1st round pick and Richmond don't trade that way, haven't traded that way, if a player wants to move we make it happen.
You have supporters from Richmond saying he'll be going for a top ten pick so I'll take a moment to acknowledge the amount of abuse you must have copped for saying Baker will go for an early second rounder that will likely be a pick taken in the late 20's to early 30"s. Ive been abused for saying a late first rounder will be the trade for Baker.

You have supporters from Richmond saying he'll be going for a top ten pick so I'll take a moment to acknowledge the amount of abuse you must have copped for saying Baker will go for an early second rounder that will likely be a pick taken in the late 20's to early 30"s. Ive been abused for saying a late first rounder will be the trade for Baker.
Yeah we can agree there but doesn't bother me what others say, I think this draft is pretty deep so any pick in the teens or 20's could potentially be gold. That's the way I see it.

Personally I'm hoping 6 for Rioli (would love 20 as well), 9 & 17 for Bolton, 23 for Baker and 22 for Graham compo. Trade up for Brisbanes 1st rounder.

1,6,9, 14*, 17, 20, 21, 22, 23,29 for me that would be nailing the draft and I think I'm too hopeful. Those consecutive picks in the 20's could be gold especially if there are players that miss getting picked up on day 1.

Yeah we can agree there but doesn't bother me what others say, I think this draft is pretty deep so any pick in the teens or 20's could potentially be gold. That's the way I see it.

Personally I'm hoping 6 for Rioli (would love 20 as well), 9 & 17 for Bolton, 23 for Baker and 22 for Graham compo. Trade up for Brisbanes 1st rounder.

1,6,9, 14*, 17, 20, 21, 22, 23,29 for me that would be nailing the draft and I think I'm too hopeful. Those consecutive picks in the 20's could be gold especially if there are players that miss getting picked up on day 1.
Geez you are very reasonable. Ive also been abused for saying 9 and 17 for Bolton. I think Port's missing Houston and Farrell means they could very well go out early and their pick will be a few places higher than 17. I'll still do that trade.

Last edited:
Geez you are very reasonable. Ive also been abused for saying 9 and 17 for Bolton. I think Port's missing Houston and Farrell means they could very well go out early and their pick will be a few places higher than 17. I'll still do that trade.
Will be an interesting trade period, for me personally picks 1,6 & 9 are non negotiables. Time will tell.

I think eagles fans bit out of touch . There crying out for leadership Baker is one his 26 years old. His no star or A grader , but a solid B grade player worth a pick from 12 to 15.
Yet Brad Hill who won 3 flags at the hawks, was contracted but dockers only handed pick 23 for him.... Go figure

Yep, id be ok giving up a 1 top 30 pick for 1 best 22 player, but definitely not 2 for 1 player unless theyre genuinely A-grade and are 23 or under areas.
Look.... Fair enough Baker is out of contract.

Richmond is hoping for a bidding war over him.

It would be easy for baker to sign a 1 year extension for the end of 2025. He will be a free agent by then as it will be his 8th season.

If Baker was a free agent, this deal would easily get done.

There's alot you can bag the WC recruiters for (ahem...Jarrod Brander) but predicting that a guy would have his career cut short by one of the worst incidents of concussion ever is probably not one of them

Missed the mark badly here
Be careful. The tigers might bring up why we neither WA club drafted Tim Kelly before 2017 draft

Could it be something like pick 3 for Baker and pick 5? With picks 1 and 3 they'd be able to draft two of Smith/FOS/Draper and there is still plenty of good draftees at pick 5 for us.
Nah.... If I am a betting person... If west coast want Baker, they will offer their 2nd rounder this season or the 2025 2nd rounder.

No way eagles pick 3 will be touched.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagles will land him after some other deals are completed.

Some sort of first round upgrade and change.

Maybe 12 (Barass) for 20 (Rioli) and a later pick.
I don’t want any first rounder to be involved in the Baker trade. We just don’t need an undersized b grader. We have plenty of those on our list.

I’m totally happy going nowhere near him.

Look.... Fair enough Baker is out of contract.

Richmond is hoping for a bidding war over him.

It would be easy for Baker to sign a 1 year extension for the end of 2025. He will be a free agent by then as it will be his 8th season.

If Baker was a free agent, this deal would easily get done.
Makes no sense at all for Baker to sign a 1 year deal.

Firstly, he loses all security if he gets a career ending injury.
Secondly, he has told Richmond he wants to return home.

A deal will get done.

The talking point is for how much.

Last edited:
I think their could be a small inconsequential upgrade chucked in to help. Pay Graham enough for 22 then 23 and Hawks future 2nd for 30 or something.

The F2 and 30 net out but work for each party given the picks they'll have and the boosted Graham puts it over the line.
Leaving Graham out for a moment, I could see us offering 23 + Hawthorn's F2 (~31 assuming Hawthorn finishes top 4 in 2025) for Baker + 39, which would value Baker at 18. If we paid Graham enough for Richmond to get pick 22, that would be the upgrade (from 39 to 22). The trade for Baker would then be something like 23 (or WCE F2) + 59 for Baker + 47, valuing Baker at pick 17 with the Graham upgrade. We shouldn't need to offer Richmond a second upgrade for Baker beyond the upgraded Graham compensation.

Leaving Graham out for a moment, I could see us offering 23 + Hawthorn's F2 for Baker + 39, which would value Baker at 18. If we paid Graham enough for Richmond to get pick 22, that would be the upgrade (from 39 to 22). The trade for Baker would then be something like 23 (or F2) + 59 for Baker + 47, valuing Baker at pick 17 with the Graham upgrade. We shouldn't need to offer Richmond a second upgrade for Baker beyond the upgraded Graham compensation.
I think the F2 and 2nd this year swap (whatever it is) would basically net out but each side would claim a win but yeah, fair call on the Graham compo being the upgrade.

Is the whole, waiting for the coach thing a bit silly really? Weird look for the coach to be announced then pull out. Not going to be a great start to that coaches tenure if players actively don't want to work with him haha

If he choses WC Id be expecting him to end up back at Richmond with no trade done. Eagles CEO Don Pyke has been openly talking about WC's desire to go full rebuild mode with their new coach. If you've actually heard what's come out of Eagles management in recent times it's absurd to reach the conclusion they would trade out a 28 year old in Barrass only to bring in a 26 year old who doesn't fill a key list requirement for them with comparable trade assets. Yep. WC would still be interested in trading for Baker but they'll be offering a price that highly likely Richmond would accept. I think in that circumstance Richmond will increase their offer and he'll stay at Richmond as the best trade offer I think you'll get is an offer around their second and a later pick so Richmond won't accept. Bookmark my post.

Why do people even bother suggesting the Eagles may swap the Barrass trade capital for a 26 year old Baker?

And then say "That's a terrible outcome." Or "Why would they do that?"

It's silly because it's bloody plain as day they would NOT do that. They won't. It would be stupid and counter productive. Seriously dumb list management.

It is what nuffie journalist write to get clicks.

If the player wants out and the Eagles offer slight unders it gets done. Very rare players move for perfectly fair trade outcomes. Dunckley to Lions anyone?

So yep. Bookmarked.

Why do people even bother suggesting the Eagles may swap the Barrass trade capital for a 26 year old Baker?

And then say "That's a terrible outcome." Or "Why would they do that?"

It's silly because it's bloody plain as day they would NOT do that. They won't. It would be stupid and counter productive. Seriously dumb list management.

It is what nuffie journalist write to get clicks.

If the player wants out and the Eagles offer slight unders it gets done. Very rare players move for perfectly fair trade outcomes. Dunckley to Lions anyone?

So yep. Bookmarked.
It seems like we've seen a massive shift recently on trading players as well. It seems to be becoming increasingly rare a team lets a player become out of contract before trading them. Like, almost all the names linked to trades this year are contracted. I think we'll move to teams getting absolutely stuffed on OOC trades and the 1 year contract effectively becomes the "normal" for trades.

I say this inhaling all the copium on Warner but still think its a trend haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back