Speculation Liam Reidy

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont think youll need to worry about offering him a deal as he wont want to stay he will leave for opportunity.

But point taken you would know better than me if hes as good as meek.
Mainly mean he would probably be more free than a token pick swap

Last edited:
Awww yeah I can smell a bidding war coming on!!!

View attachment 2027348

That’s only good for him, the AFL system doesn’t really allow for clubs to play clubs off against each other.

Once Reidy picks a club the bidding war ends.

I'll be surprised if he doesn't get delisted. Doesn't get selected even when a ruck is out and forcing Knobel to develop in WAFL ressies.

OOC and I'd say his prospects at Freo look bleak. Especially since we don't have a lot OOC that aren't likely to be recontracted.
You'd do it after the trade period though. Teams will give something for him.

I'll be surprised if he doesn't get delisted. Doesn't get selected even when a ruck is out and forcing Knobel to develop in WAFL ressies.

OOC and I'd say his prospects at Freo look bleak. Especially since we don't have a lot OOC that aren't likely to be recontracted.
You will get a pick upgrade for him for sure. With Moyle off the market he will 100% get a gig elsewhere

In reality he is number 1 ruck and that only. Cant be a forward for example which is why he wasnt getting a chance

You will get a pick upgrade for him for sure. With Moyle off the market he will 100% get a gig elsewhere

In reality he is number 1 ruck and that only. Cant be a forward for example which is why he wasnt getting a chance
That would be a good result for us and him. Should definitely leave if someone else will give him game time.

I'm going make a slightly controversial call and say I don't think he is AFL standard. He's of the lumbering, no leap, low possession tap ruck type, but he's 'only' 204 cm. So he is exposed against both types at the next level.

You need to be totally dominant in the ruck to justify your limitations when you are that type of player and he's not.

I'm going make a slightly controversial call and say I don't think he is AFL standard. He's of the lumbering, no leap, low possession tap ruck type, but he's 'only' 204 cm. So he is exposed against both types at the next level.

You need to be totally dominant in the ruck to justify your limitations when you are that type of player and he's not.

Xerri was sort of that type at VFL level with his ruck work.

Ridiculously high clearance, tackle and disposal numbers, almost like a big midfielder. With lower hitout numbers.

He’s also only 200cm

He would have absolutely been described as a lumbering physical type. He wasn’t a big contested mark.

He’s someone that is so damn physical and strong he just overcomes any height disadvantage with bodywork and intensity around the ball. It’s translated to AFL level.

He’s pretty much the example it can be done at the moment, especially as Gawn said he’s the most difficult opponent he’s faced had in years during the week. Even now taking pack marks at AFL level, when he never even did it at VFL level.

Belief and confidence in the ruck goes a long way.

Kind of feel he is at that Jordan Sweet, Ned Reeves, Ivan Soldo style level. AFL list quality for sure

Xerri was sort of that type at VFL level with his ruck work.

Ridiculously high clearance, tackle and disposal numbers, almost like a big midfielder. With lower hitout numbers.

He’s also only 200cm
What? Reidy is very much not these things. His tackle numbers are decent but everything else bar hitouts is low, very low. Why write a essay on a player you apparently haven't seen?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What? Reidy is very much not these things. His tackle numbers are decent but everything else bar hitouts is low, very low. Why write a essay on a player you apparently haven't seen?
He makes up for a bit of that with his tap work. Its very very good. That still holds some value, especially as a backup for other teams

Too many teams have backups that cant actually win a hitout or basically no backup at all.

How many WAFL Rucks are actually any good is probably more my question, Its all well and good to dominate that level but if its against a bunch of duds that are either journeymen or undersized Ruckmen it doesnt mean a great deal.

Had 44 hit outs and 6 disposals on the weekend. Pretty typical game from him and tells you about all you need to know.

He’ll probably carve out a 10 year career as a back up, but I’ll be surprised if he gets beyond that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back