Vic Lidia Thorpe: Not the subject for every thread!

Remove this Banner Ad

Seeing as Lidia discussion is cropping up across multiple threads, let's have us a thread for people who want to discuss her contribution to Australian politics.

It should go without saying but seeing as she's a bit of a beacon for controversy - for a variety of reasons - let's just remind ourselves what the board rules are around racism and sexism, shall we?
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which:
  • is dangerous to health, anti-vax, Covid denial etc,
  • is hateful, including sympathetic discussion of far-right/neo-Nazi tropes,
  • misinformation or disinformation,
  • defamatory,
  • threatening,
  • abusive,
  • bigotry,
  • likely to offend,
  • is spam or spam-like,
  • contains adult or objectionable content,
  • risks copyright infringement,
  • encourages unlawful activity (including illegal drug use, buying, selling etc),
  • or otherwise violates any laws,
  • or contains personal information of others.
Standard board rules apply, but let's make this abundantly clear: let's play nicely in here.

Go nuts.

The monarchy irrelevant to almost everyone. Her vile personality and attention seeking is skin crawling regardless of who her latest rants are against

Not really.

About 65% of the country are in favour of it by all reports.

All she has done is just fanned more division for over half of the country.

She is her causes' worst enemy unfortunately.

Not really.

About 65% of the country are in favour of it by all reports.

All she has done is just fanned more division for over half of the country.
Most are completely apathetic to the monarchy. If a choice between a republic and stay as is were to go to vote, I'd say the majority would vote status quo as the onus is on those who want change to prove it will be BETTER. I doubt that will occur

That doesn't mean people really care for the royals, most still don't GAF about them. Especially younger people

I'd vote status quo yet don't have any care at all for the monarchy, it means nothing

given I'm not going to click on a news.com.au link I have to assume that Thorpe has said something entirely reasonable and the racists are foaming at the mouth over it

Im not sure trying to directly blame Charles for atrocities committed before his lifetime and then swearing at him as a Senator of this country is reasonable personally. (who she swore an oath to, to "be faithful and bear true allegiance" to)

Embarrassing day for this country, that will no doubt get airtime across most major networks around the world in the next few hours (job done from her perspective)

Last edited:
given I'm not going to click on a news.com.au link I have to assume that Thorpe has said something entirely reasonable and the racists are foaming at the mouth over it
Usually how solid opinions are formed. Not read anything and arrogantly assume you're right...

She's a vile person, the assumption should be in line with that if anything

Im not sure trying to directly blame Charles for atrocities committed before his lifetime and then swearing at him as a Senator of this country is reasonable personally. (who she swore an oath to, to "be faithful and bear true allegiance" to)
No choice on swearing the oath
You have to do it to be sworn in, there is no alternative allowed

which kind of goes to the heart of the matter

whats the idea that because you have to swear to the king to govern in Australia you can't be critical of him?

any elected politician that supports a republic is doing the same thing

Embarrassing day for this country, that will no doubt get airtime across most major networks around the world in the next few hours (job done from her perspective)
embarrassing? lol
you might be embarrassed about it I'm not

You're not my king you're not our king **** the colony

That's pretty tame, its her position and she's far from alone in thinking it

Usually how solid opinions are formed. Not read anything and arrogantly assume you're right...

She's a vile person, the assumption should be in line with that if anything
I reckon if you think she's a vile person she's probably top shelf

I'd be wary of anyone you thought highly of

(Log in to remove this ad.)

imagine sooking about someone telling Charles they don't support him and acting like its a national embarrassment and proof the person who said it is a trash human

I'd say move back to England but they'd tell you **** off we're full lol

He's doing alright out of the atrocities committed before he was born.

You can argue about how appropriate the timing was but what she said wasn't wrong.

true, some of it was OK in context, but i'd argue the delivery was just as bad as the timing.

Lydia is a few eggs short of a dozen.

whats the idea that because you have to swear to the king to govern in Australia you can't be critical of him?

embarrassing? lol

It's not what she said, but how she said it and delivered it.

You missed a bit, but again, you already admitted you generally don't read news before commenting, so I can repeat it for you for clarity:

"Give us back what you stole from us"

"You destroyed our land"

Again, a total embarrassment to the vast majority in the country (not you clearly, as a member of the vast minority, which you are perfectly entitled to not feel embarrassed about).

Last edited:

embarrassing? lol

not really what she said, even though some of it was ludicrous, but moreso how she went about it.

back to the old its not what she said its how she said it etc

if you're embarrassed by a black woman who doesn't support the crown letting the king know publicly that she doesn't support the crown

if you think its a national disgrace etc

that's a you problem

imagine having your identity caught up in everyone else being nice to some rich old campaigner from another country

I'm not sure my tiny slice of Australia can really be compared Windsor family billions.
Its really not even worth entertaining the discussion point

its the same old "but you live in society" comeback when you criticise anything about society

Perhaps some of her fans will try and defend how awful she is which will amuse me until I log off
the royal freeloaders have faced similar opposition on tax payer funded tours across commonwealth countries in recent years ..... this is no different ....... perhaps the free loaders should take the hint

and on the subject of respect, perhaps camilla and her t@mpon sidekick should wipe the friggen smirk off their privileged faces when they hear this kind of feedback

Remove this Banner Ad

Vic Lidia Thorpe: Not the subject for every thread!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back