Vic Lidia Thorpe: Not the subject for every thread!

Remove this Banner Ad

Seeing as Lidia discussion is cropping up across multiple threads, let's have us a thread for people who want to discuss her contribution to Australian politics.

It should go without saying but seeing as she's a bit of a beacon for controversy - for a variety of reasons - let's just remind ourselves what the board rules are around racism and sexism, shall we?
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which:
  • is dangerous to health, anti-vax, Covid denial etc,
  • is hateful, including sympathetic discussion of far-right/neo-Nazi tropes,
  • misinformation or disinformation,
  • defamatory,
  • threatening,
  • abusive,
  • bigotry,
  • likely to offend,
  • is spam or spam-like,
  • contains adult or objectionable content,
  • risks copyright infringement,
  • encourages unlawful activity (including illegal drug use, buying, selling etc),
  • or otherwise violates any laws,
  • or contains personal information of others.
Standard board rules apply, but let's make this abundantly clear: let's play nicely in here.

Go nuts.

back to the old its not what she said its how she said it etc

if you're embarrassed by a black woman who doesn't support the crown letting the king know publicly that she doesn't support the crown

if you think its a national disgrace etc

that's a you problem

imagine having your identity caught up in everyone else being nice to some rich old campaigner from another country

I mean yeah but when just stop oil glue themselves to a road, most reckon they are an embarrassment also, even if their message comes from a good place.

if you think the best way to get your message across is to act like a bellend, well.........There's a reason these people who act like idiots don't have the support of the majority of people.

I mean yeah but when just stop oil glue themselves to a road, most reckon they are an embarrassment also, even if their message come from a good place.

if you think the best way to get your message across is to act like a bellend, well. There's a reason these people don't have the support of the majority of people.
I do love a good I agree with what you're saying but because I don't like the way you said it I'll now do the opposite and it's your fault

I do love a good I agree with what you're saying but because I don't like the way you said it I'll now do the opposite and it's your fault

welcome to how the real-world works.

nice to have you along for the ride.

welcome to how the real-world works.

nice to have you along for the ride.
Yes this is the excuse of "centerists" who only ever hold right wing positions

My point was you thinking your position is equally valid doesn't mean it is but is very common

Everyone wants equal weight given to their view on something regardless of expertise on the topic
And how many crankhawk opinions is lidia worth in your view on this specific topic then?

It's not what she said, but how she said it and delivered it.

You missed a bit, but again, you already admitted you generally don't read news before commenting, so I can repeat it for you for clarity:

"Give us back what you stole from us"

"You destroyed our land"

Again, a total embarrassment to the vast majority in the country (not you clearly, as a member of the vast minority, which you are perfectly entitled to not feel embarrassed about).
... I mean, he's the king. She's speaking to him as the king of the nation which claimed Terra Nullius.

It's a bit of an odd objection for you to have. She's not speaking to Charles the bloke, she's speaking to King Charles and the monarchy.

You are just doing the left-wing playbook and having a sook that others don't agree with you. Stock standard thing. you don't agree so you are wrong.

a fwit acting like a fwit doesn't have to be political, but you go for play 1 and make it a right-wing thing.

classic

... I mean, he's the king. She's speaking to him as the king of the nation which claimed Terra Nullius.

It's a bit of an odd objection for you to have. She's not speaking to Charles the bloke, she's speaking to King Charles and the monarchy.
James Connolly in Ireland in 1911 on the visit of King George
20241021_194323.png

You are just doing the left-wing playbook and having a sook that others don't agree with you. Stock standard thing. you don't agree so you are wrong.

a fwit acting like a fwit doesn't have to be political, but you go for play 1 and make it a right-wing thing.

classic
Stop acting like you speak on behalf of the sensible majority then and just own your position

What, by talking about it on a discussion forum? You’re really reaching in logic to defend this bimbo.

She’s like the carnivore version of Tash Peterson but thankfully she keeps her clothes on.
Leave the sexism at the door, please.

Pretty much. I'm with Lidia on this. Monarchy in 2024 is horrendous.
But there is no actual monarchy. He is just a celebrity who has no actual real power. Even in his own country let alone ours.

And the power to get rid of him from his pointless weird celebrity role is completely in our hands. When enough of us want to be an official republic (we kind of are one already anyway) one of the parties will campaign on putting up a referendum again. The choice is in our hands. Not his.

We largely dont do this because there are too many other things of real consequence to worry about. Like the housing crisis. Or climate change.

Ahh yes, a position of acknowledging injustice, national unity, shared prosperity and concern for corruption (in an area of business and local government already highly corrupt in its very short infancy) makes you a right winger these days.

Probably accused from the position of an even further far right sovereign citizen cooker pretending to be left, by the looks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But there is no actual monarchy. He is just a celebrity who has no actual real power. Even in hus own country let alone ours.

And the power to get rid of him from his pointless weird celebrity role is completely in our hands anyway. When enough of us want to be a republic one of the parties will campaign on putting up a referendum again. The choice is in our hands. Not his.

We largely dont do this because there are too many other things of real consequence to worry about. Like the housing crisis. Or climate change.
So you're saying he's not the King of England?

But there is no actual monarchy. He is just a celebrity who has no actual real power. Even in his own country let alone ours.

And the power to get rid of him from his pointless weird celebrity role is completely in our hands. When enough of us want to be an official republic (we kind of are one already anyway) one of the parties will campaign on putting up a referendum again. The choice is in our hands. Not his.

... Seeds, this is very, very silly. He's here with his wife as king and queen, as sovereign of Australia.

Ahh yes, a position of acknowledging injustice, national unity, shared prosperity and concern for corruption (in an area of business and local government already highly corrupt in its very short infancy) makes you a right winger these days.
This is a rather confusing word salad in the context of the discussion at hand

Probably accused from the position of an even further far right sovereign citizen cooker pretending to be left, by the looks.
People that don't want to be accused of being conservative or right wing but want to push that agenda or agree with that position tend to do one of two things

Blame the people they want to disagree with for making them side with the conservatives

Alternatively claim it's a mainstream centre position and therefore not conservative

It's always interesting to see the people who support free speech for neo-Nazis.

But lose their shit when a black woman gets 'lippy'.

“I disapprove of what you say, so you shouldn't be allowed to say it!!!!!!!!!" - Vomitaire

“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” – Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Remove this Banner Ad

Vic Lidia Thorpe: Not the subject for every thread!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back